• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Diva For Dawn

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I stand guilty of this though mine gets threatened with drowning more often ;)
I was thinking of throwing mine threw the window but I don't have an ocean handy...
Satira, given that neither you or Miss B use that menu I'm going to ignore it as it is very frustrating. I kept pasting my scene on the background and wondering what I had done...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That's the one Miss B and I can totally understand why you don't use that menu...lol
Actually it's not because I'm "afraid" of it, but more that there's nothing there I've ever really used. I started in 3D with Bryce, and then started playing in Poser with version 5, but just about totally abandoned it when DS 2 came out. I never liked the earlier versions, but version 2 had grown up enough that I liked the UI. Then can version 3 Advanced, which I beta tested, and 4.0 Pro, which I also beta tested. I, however, have given up on Genesis with version 1/V5/M5, so never updated DS past 4.0.

Then Dawn happened, and Poser 9 went on sale inexpensively, and here I am back in Poser. ;) I still like my legacy versions of DS, and I guess I was lucky that I remembered enough about Poser to get back into it without too much trouble. When I have Poser questions these days, it's because this is the first time I've had a Pro version, so there's things I've never worked with before. So don't feel bad, we're all learning something these days.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
She's looking great, Pen!

I have to frequently stop and move away or I might damage my computer.

I stand guilty of this though mine gets threatened with drowning more often;)

Ha! My computer regularly is threatened with being taken up the hill above me and dropped in to the Strait (about 300 feet below).

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
While I, on the other hand, regularly wine and dine my computer with chocolates and milkshakes! It particularly loves Euphoria Chocolates from Eugene, Oregon.

So ... perhaps I don't spoil my computer, and on a few occasions have been known to say things to it I would never say to a person. Unless I never wanted that person to speak to me ever again.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Alisa. Glad to know I'm not on my own with thoughts of mayhem towards my computer.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
So ... perhaps I don't spoil my computer, and on a few occasions have been known to say things to it I would never say to a person. Unless I never wanted that person to speak to me ever again.
My problem is, I usually smack my hand down on it, or my Wacom tablet, while cursing it. ~shakes head~

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
hee hee. Nope, Pen, not the only one for sure!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
So with the help from Satira, adjusted Everyday Poses and Icons are done for Poser and DS. Still have to tidy up the inj and rem files for Poser. Then it's pack it up and to beta testers with it. By the time I finished with the Poses I needed a break so I did some more work on the sun dress and also tried making shoes using a tutorial I found on Youtube. Best pair of shoes I've done so far...
I had to different draping on the dress for Dawn and Diva and I was looking for a subtle effect, might need to accentuate it some more. I haven't decided. It's not meant to be flared or gathered. Still needs so work on the uv at the front as there is a slight distortion shows up more on Dawn than diva though...

divadawnsundressbackdraping for diva.jpg

divadawnsundressbackdraping for divab.jpg

black flats copy.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Flint...the shoes still need a bit more work and some uv mapping, but they look better than any of the other shoes I made. Considering that they just have black in the diffuse and plastic lighting they came up quite good. I've actually added in a strap near the ankle. I've seen some kids wear a shoe that has a heavy elastic going across. Would really like to find an imm brush that has a buckle and a strap suitable for a pair of Mary Janes. I may have to try making my own.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Miss B...it's the first pair of shoes I've been really proud of most of the other tries looked horrible but I saw a video on making shoes in zmodeller before christmas that looked like a good process. I fudged it a bit as I didn't use the reference images, but then I didn't do a full boot either as it wasn't what I wanted. Still so much to learn...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Lorraine...I got distracted this morning and I've been setting up threads. Zbrush was the most distracting as I kept starting to watch tutorials. Found a great one by Dylan on using noise to add patterns and all I can say is I didn't think it could do what it can do. I always thought it just added noise like PS but it can add patterns...