• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Diva For Dawn

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Splendid works there Pen. Glad your back enjoying making Diva into a star! :cool:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks and yes it's good that it's moving forward. I'm hoping to get it into testing before I go back.

Does anyone know if the base skin for Luna is a merchant resource? And if so is it okay to use it with Dawn?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Does anyone know if the base skin for Luna is a merchant resource? And if so is it okay to use it with Dawn?
I don't think so, but you probably could ask Alisa, as I'm sure she would know for sure.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
From the Baby Luna Readme:

This skin texture set is also a Merchant Resource kit that can be used to create new products (not for creating freebies)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh now why didn't I look at the ReadMe. Duuuuuuh!

Thanks for the clarification Satira. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I didn't either Miss B...so we can go Duuuuuh together! Thanks Satira...I think I'll check if it is alright to use it with Dawn (with changes of course).

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Sorry, late - yes, it is a MR and you can definitely use it with Dawn :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yay! Alisa you've just helped solve the problem I was having with textures. I picked up a few MR sets but the skin was too old. Using Luna's skin as a starting point will solve this nicely. Thank you so much!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Back to work on the injection file and was testing that it still worked after removing some of the text. Thought it was a nice one to share...my elf ears 1 and 3 at 50% with the wide pointy chin. Just default poser lighting. Unimesh with setting of 2. Default dawn texture...
Elfears1 with 3 at 50percent with wide pointy chin.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Miss B...I finally feel like it's starting to look right in Poser. Initially I wasn't happy. The tip you and Satira gave about using Unimesh made such a difference!

Removed and altered some more code...working on fairy steps. Remove a little bit and then test...so here's another test.
This time Elf Ear 3 at 1, apple cheeks at .5, turn up nose at 1. Slight angle this time to show the nose and cheeks better. Cheeks at 1 is fairly extreme so it will allow people to dial in as much as they like. My favourite setting is .5
Elf Ears 3 1 applecheeks point 5 turn up nose 1.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
More code removed so here is one more...and I just discovered something else about Poser. Make sure you export image from the render tab or otherwise it's a different size! It's the little things that trip me up...Apple cheeks -1, Elf Ears 2 -1, Turn up nose -1, Pointy Chin -1
applecheeks 100 elfears2 1 turnup nose 1.jpg

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yay! Alisa you've just helped solve the problem I was having with textures. I picked up a few MR sets but the skin was too old. Using Luna's skin as a starting point will solve this nicely. Thank you so much!

Yay! You're welcome - looking forward to Diva!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Miss B...I've hit a snag. I noticed that the JCM's haven't transferred. I thought at first that I had inadvertently removed them but after going through all the inj files(I save new as I remove stuff) and rechecking the cr2 and attempting to create a new one...I saw that they were never there. Could have sworn I checked this a couple of months back...obviously not though. I've emailed Paul and I'm hoping this will be just a minor hiccup. If needed I will have to work out how to load them manually and set them up in Poser.
At least we know that it can work in Poser it just may take more time to get there...

Miss B

CV-BEE
I don't know enough about JCMs to help you out Pen. I'm sure you'll get it worked out soon.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I'm sure Paul will be able to help. I may need to try Littlefox's method which uses DSON but then strips the DSON out using a script. We'll see what Paul suggests...