• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Diva For Dawn

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
If you have an off the shoulder dress or one with a scoop neckline, it will tend to fall off the shoulders and keep falling. Adding a constrained group allows you to pin the neckline in place.

You'd use Soft decorated groups if you had like a patch pocket that you wanted to move with the garment instead of sliding off. Rigid Decorated group would be for buttons or things like that which are "rigid."

Off the top of my head, I don't remember when you would use the Choreographed group.

If you had a dress where you wanted the bodice to be stiffish, but the skirt to be floaty, you would add a second Dynamic Group. The bodice dynamic group would have higher fold, shear, and stretch resistance and lower cloth density. While the Dynamic Group you assign the skirt to would have lower fold, shear, and stretch resistance and a higher cloth density.

For basic information, get Esha's free dynamic cloth tutorial from RDNA. If you really want to get into dynamics, then get her masterclass tutorial. (I'm not sure if it's still on sale)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, Esha's free dynamic cloth tutorial helped me get started, and I did buy her Masterclass Tutorial, but haven't had a chance to look at it. Then again, Dawn/Lully includes one with her dynamic products, and I think, IIRC, you're planning on one to be included with your Nouvelle Aube set, so lots of ideas for working with Poser dynamics.

Thanks for this additional information, because I wasn't exactly sure what they all were either. I wonder if the Choreographed group has anything to do with animation, because getting dynamic clothing to sim correctly during an animated movie would certainly take some doing.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
When modeling your clothing, it helps to set up material zones for your dynamic groups.

For example, if I were creating a dress with a low or off the shoulder neckline, I'd select a row of polys along the neckline and set it up as a constrained material zone. Then when I create a constrained group in the cloth room, I can select that material zone to add to the constrained group. Same if I have a material zone for the bodice and another for the skirt, I can easily add the bodice to one dynamic group and the skirt to another by selecting the material zone for each.

It seems a lot more complicated than it is. Once you start experimenting with dynamics and you get a good tutorial like Esha's, it makes everything a LOT easier.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh yeah. I have a HUGE pdf that will be included with the Nouvelle Aube clothing and probably the poses too. It goes into a lot of detail in using the dynamic clothing with the conforming clothing and the poses and the furniture from the decor set.

If you print the pdf, you'd probably kill a forest.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Ah...answered my question from the first post in the second post. Some things for me to think about. Thanks again for the info and support!

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I think you can save the clothing item with the constrained and decorated in them can't you...so all the person has to do to use it is load and go

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
As I want to think about it some more I've been playing with the texture. This is DS Iray but the settings are really simply with only a basic bump and trans for the eyelashes applied.
I'm a bit happier with the mask but I still haven't settled on the colour it's giving more of the effect I was after...
DSrender Diva butterfly with bump added .jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks again...without using the wonderful Luna base as a MR I wouldn't have gotten this far.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Fab, Pen! Diva looks absolute delightful in her mask. And in her sundress :shineon: all ready for the Melbourne weather!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
We've gotten colder here :( I swear there was snow on the ground Wed. Certainly, the puddles were frozen last week one morning. Today it's raining and raining, but since it's warmed up a bit for the weekend, it will just be rain. Hopefully, when it gets cold again during the week, it won't rain.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Poured here early this morning too. Not ideal weather, that's for sure. Then again, better than snow.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Morning Satira and Miss B...some images I did of Diva in Poser. I'm practicing my skills with using it for renders so I can do the promos. Just some basic shots.
Diva at the cove3.png

Diva at the cove2.png