• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Diva For Dawn

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
That's what I thought. If you can link people to freebies that will fit easily and convert to dynamic without falling to pieces, she would have a wardrobe straight away. The same for Luna too. Once I get them all set up, I can make a pdf all the details of where they are and the fitting and put it in the resources. How does that sound?
Sounds great Lorraine...

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Mmmm I know in poser you can do the dynamic with no pose which makes the outfit fit the figure...then export the obj...this enables the clothing item to be imported back in to make conforming clothing...I know a lot of people prefer comforming clothing...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Your right Sanbie...I actually bought Lyrra's developer kit for Dawn. I'm hoping it will help me to do that with the outfits I'm working on.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Thanks everyone :) The reason I've done these is that I suck at converting conforming items back into conforming. As I'm not a modeller I really don't know what I'm doing and I ended up with a lot of very odd looking clothing. The dynamic were so easy and so quick (apart from the last one) that I would turn every single clothing item in my runtime into dynamic if they were all welded. And if I knew how to weld things I'd do that too.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Thank you Digitell :) I actually had fun while I was doing it (though I must admit the occasional word unsuited for the drawing room did get spat at the puter ;) ).

Margy

The Margician
Contributing Artist
Awesome project! And I really need a female child (older than Luna). I began to rework a story I've done with Gen4 and decided to use Luna and Dawn. Your Diva would fit in perfect. :inlove:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Still plugging away on this when I get time. Trying to make sure that Diva has some clothing when she appears. Thanks to the kindness of Sanbie we have the wonderful cutie pie outfit.

Here are some test renders of the weightmapping in DS...
Little bit of pokethru on the breast on this one but using either a push modifier or smoothing would fix this. Currently has a smoothing modifier applied with default settings. I've very proud of the skirt on this only required slight tweaks on the thigh bend to get it into position properly.
cutiepie weightmapped.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
And more... again default settings on the smoothing modifier and slight tweaks in the parameters tab to the thigh bends and in one case to the pelvis bend.
cutiepie weightmapped 5.jpg

cutiepie weightmapped 4.jpg

cutiepie weightmapped 3.jpg

cutiepie weightmapped 2.jpg

And of course one of Diva wearing it...
island girl pose on Diva.jpg