• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Got a quick question, I got the impression when I looked into iClone earlier, that if you want to sell content for iClone, you have to sell it through their store, you are not allowed to sell through other brokerages, like Rendo or HW, or even your own website. Is this still correct, or did i completely misunderstand this?

Our agreement for our core HiveWire figure content that is iClone format ready, will be exclusive at the Reallusion Content Store as a key content partner.

But we believe it will be of value to have some additional supportive content that will be available in our HiveWire store. Having said that, we also believe it will be of value for CAs to have iClone formatted content here also, as well as in the Reallusion Marketplace.

This is all early in development right now. We're still working thru plans with the Reallusion folks. We aim to create a strong relationship with Reallusion, and we'll do what we can that makes sense for this to happen.

More to come as this all gets fleshed out. The main thing for us, our CAs, and customers to take away is, that we have a potential new audience and software group to sell into, another rich creative outlet for expression.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Exciting stuff :)

Welcome to HiveWire, AniMajik!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thanks for your supportive comments AniMajik. And thanks for taking time to chime in.

We're very excited to be working with Reallusion. Several plans will come to light over the next couple of months.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
For those unfamiliar with the kinds of things people can create with iClone, here is a example that has been recently made.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
How to convert DAZ Genesis figures (any of them) + clothing and hair to CC3, and then render them in iClone 7 with I-Ray? The same method can be used with HW figures in DS.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
What figures are compatible with CC3 using DS? Surprisingly, even V4 and M4 are.

CompatibleFigures.png

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
There is a new tool in CC3 called "Transformer", which is what was used in the demo video from above. It is claimed to be able to TOTALLY convert DS contents into CC3, automatically converting all materials to PBR compatible with I-ray, and also preserving all clothing and hair morphs that existed in the original pieces in DS. Of course, I will have to test this myself, but the process that used to be very complicated in 3DXChange now looks like a 1-click solution to convert. and then 1-click to transfer the weight maps. In DS, this last part is either handled by 1-click Auto-Fit, or with the more powerful Transfer Utility. In CC3, Transformer does it very similarly to Auto-Fit, so DS users might find it familiar. I was just surprised that the clothing and hair morphs would also be transferred, because this doesn't happen in Poser/DS.

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't have the latest version of DS, but that certainly sounds very useful for folks who do have it.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I don't have the latest version of DS, but that certainly sounds very useful for folks who do have it.

Well, DS is free, so trying it out is completely risk-free.

I was looking at the conversion tools, and noticed that although CC3's Transformer tool has some similarities with the Transfer Utility (TU) from DS, there some significant automations. For example, the TU can only handle 1 single geometry at a time, while Transformer handles them all at once. We only have to identify which is clothing, which are shoes, and which is hair. There is also an option to bake the DS textures, so that once saved to the CC3 library, they can also be used with the default CC3 figure.

CC3 also has a special tool to handle high heel shoes, and this is important because iClone uses feet contact IK that allows adjusting the feet pose without having to go through the rigging adjustment that was previously necessary with 3DXChange. This is a huge improvement in the workflow, where high heel poses are no longer physically bond to the figures.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh I used DS versions 2, 3 Advanced and finally 4 Pro. I just never updated after that, and returned back to Poser.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Yeah, I know of some others who didn't like DS4 for one reason or another. Personally, I only use DS for content creation, so I am not a DS user myself. However, it can serve as a bridge to iClone, which can be attractive to DS users, especially now that the conversions were greatly simplified, and also because iClone can now render with I-ray. This caters for these who want better animation tools, and also for those who just want to render stills, while taking advantage of the iClone world building capabilities.