Dawn in Reallusion CC3!

Discussion in 'It's About the Art!' started by Ken1171, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Ken1171

Ken1171 Distinguished Contributing Artist

Today I have converted my Superhero outfit for Dawn to CC3 (forgot the cape!). I made a lot of mistakes and had to start over a couple of times, but I am getting the hang of it. The interesting part is that it doesn't have a DS version, so I've sent it to DS with completely invalid weight maps, and exported to FBX, preserving a few of the extra morphs. After conforming it to the CC3 figure and transferring the weight maps, it's already working! To make this work in DS, I would have to rig it again.

This is great news to Poser CAs, because I could get it from Poser to DS, then into CC3, and then to iClone with no rigging at all. In this case I have only used DS to export the FBX. And what's most, it seems to look better in iClone than it does in Poser, and the special outfit morphs I created in Poser were preserved and are working in iClone! LOL

This is a real-time PBR preview in iClone7, and I think it looks great. ^____^

Batgirl_1080.jpg

CWRW, rampa, Janet and 2 others like this.
  2. Rae134

Rae134 Renowned CV-BEE Contributing Artist

Actually Ken your suit works fine in DS with auto-fit (I didn't do any extreme poses tho), its only the boot heals that don't want to morph from the high-heals to the shorter version. (I've even had it on Dusk in DS but he looked funny with the high-heals LOL)

Ken1171, RAMWolff and Chris like this.
  3. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

WoW, that render looks great Ken.

Ken1171 likes this.
  4. Chris

Chris HW3D President Staff Member Co-Founder

Wow indeed! Way to go Ken. Your outfit looks awesome! I love it. The fact that you're figuring all this out and being a trail blazer and pioneer of sort is terrific. Kudos to you means kudos to everyone one that has created content only for Poser. This is quite magical what you're doing.

Keep it up.

Ken1171 and Rae134 like this.
  5. Chris

Chris HW3D President Staff Member Co-Founder

Miss B and Ken1171 like this.
  6. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

7. Ken1171

Ken1171 Distinguished Contributing Artist

What happens is that DS doesn't recognize ERCs created with the Dependency Editor. The flat soles morph is still there and working, but the master dial is disconnected. All you have to do to get it working in DS is to hook it back with an "ERC Freeze".

Thanks, Chris! I am thinking that if I only need DS to export to FBX, maybe there is a way to do it in Poser, since it also supports FBX. I just need to know what the specifics are with Reallusion. It would be great if Poser CAs could do it straight from Poser. So far my tests on that have failed because CC3 expects something specific, but I don't know what it is. Either way, DS is free, so using it to export to FBX is still feasible. It appears that CC3 will create its own weight maps, so all we need is a skeleton.

Oh cool, I didn't know of that thread. I will check it out,

RAMWolff and Rae134 like this.
  8. LisaB

LisaB HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee Co-Founder

We now have two new forums in our Using 3D Software section:

Character Creator

iClone

We look forward to seeing you there! :)

Rae134, Ken1171 and Miss B like this.