• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Product Previews

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Here is the bay blanket appy WIP- still noodling a bunch with the head/haven't decided the direction I want with that yet but nice big old appy butt here:)

BlanketAppyWIPa.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Now that's an interesting texture Laurie. Not sure I've ever seen anything quite like it before. :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I love a classic blanket (especially on black).

I've only seen photos of mules with spots that big on a leopard base, not a blanket (not saying it doesn't happen) :)

Last edited:

Daio

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
When I was growing up, a fellow 4Her had a horse that looked very similar to that. His name was Hobby. One of the few truly sweet tempered Appies I've encountered.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
For @Lyne : Appy's can also change colours throughout their life (admittedly this one had help with a grey gene making him grey out quicker).
This is Mystic Warrior (Domino), a 3/4 Friesian 1/4 Appaloosa cross, who became famous as a foal for his striking colouring which every one fell in love with.
I was curious to see how he turned out since he had "grey goggles" which any horse with the grey gene has (but I wasn't sure if that was the case or if it was just the leopard gene, but I guess by looking at him now I was correct as now he is completely white with just the skin spots showing :))
MysticWarrior.jpg MysticWarrior2.jpg MysticWarriorDomino.jpg
Just thumbnails so as not to hog Laurie's thread too much :D

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
Here is the bay blanket appy WIP- still noodling a bunch with the head/haven't decided the direction I want with that yet but nice big old appy butt here:)

View attachment 21004
So excited to see your gorgeous Appy's!!!!

I hope you don't mind my wish for a sparse mane and tail option, my Appies never had the thick flowing manes that Harry usually sports.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
So excited to see your gorgeous Appy's!!!!

I hope you don't mind my wish for a sparse mane and tail option, my Appies never had the thick flowing manes that Harry usually sports.

LOL yeah I know what you mean- def can do a more "appy" approach for manes and tails and it is still easy to just replace the trans maps with the Harry ones for those who want their Harry Appy to sport more hair:)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Love those blanket Appies! I have a character who's a palomino blanket Appy centaur, will totally be needing this for him when I get around to rendering him. :D

Thanks! These will be my first add-on Harry set that will be totally up to date with all 4 render engine MATs. Been spending more time this year learning Iray and Superfly, and finally am starting to feel more comfortable with them/making MATs for them. Now I just need to find time to update my older ones for IR and SF:) Been picking away at them though...

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Hey your whisper transmaps might be kind of neat on the fetlocks if you could transmap out the front portion and then shorten them up a tad as they sometimes have a feathery type fur on the back of the legs and also too some of them have chin whiskers and foal like manes.

LOVE the banded hooves!! Ah and some of them only have a snow top on the rump.

Last edited:

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Sorry I've MIA for so long on my own thread! :)

Getting back to work now and am working to finish up my Black/White/Tuxedo kitty add on set. I also wanted to try one of these as a bonus for the pack.

Some WIPs on the Calico bonus:

CalicoWIP321.jpg

CalicoWIP321a.jpg

Also working away on the Deer Family and lil' Thistle too. :)