• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Caisson's Products at HiveWire 3D

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
don't have PP2014 on my system anymore to test - is it just the flower props that are misbehaving?

yes, just the petals... but now I understand the difference between P2014 and 11... I ended up with a render that I think will be ok... Thanks..

caisson

Admirable
Contributing Artist
I'm finding the hardest thing about large pieces of terrain is making something that looks good in close up & at a distance. Today is a good day as I figured out how to combine normal maps in Superfly which helps me get closer to solving that riddle. Still lots of work to do but it does feel like I've made real progress!

test6 ed.jpg

test7 ed.jpg

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
Oooo..that's looking great :) One thing we seem to be lacking in the Poserverse is a realistic looking volcano (erupting or not) This is looking like a good candidate for a small dormant one :)

caisson

Admirable
Contributing Artist
RL has been holding things up lately, but I have been spending a lot of time in Substance Designer. My goal is a bunch of materials that work well together in order to blend them across the terrains. These are 100% procedural textures made in SD & rendered in Superfly ...

muddy test09 ed.jpg

rock test ed.jpg

caisson

Admirable
Contributing Artist
... and now for something completely different ...

My version of an AKS-74U now in the store; includes poses for Dawn, Dusk, V4 & M4. Having had a creative slump for a good few months I'm trying to get back into things - still messing around with landscapes! The gun was to try & break the rut I had dug for myself ;)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Went right into the shopping cart as soon as I saw it. I'm a weapons of any kind fanatic, and including all those poses was a huge plus for me.

Well done sir. :D

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I'm finding the hardest thing about large pieces of terrain is making something that looks good in close up & at a distance. Today is a good day as I figured out how to combine normal maps in Superfly which helps me get closer to solving that riddle. Still lots of work to do but it does feel like I've made real progress!

View attachment 34079

View attachment 34080

Wow, this looks really good. Impressive.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
... and now for something completely different ...

My version of an AKS-74U now in the store; includes poses for Dawn, Dusk, V4 & M4. Having had a creative slump for a good few months I'm trying to get back into things - still messing around with landscapes! The gun was to try & break the rut I had dug for myself ;)

Your skills are being put to great use with this weaponry. The modeling, your maps, and your mats are so incredible.

caisson

Admirable
Contributing Artist
Long time no post.

Several things got me very down with the Poser world - Poser development flatlined, too much of the usual rubbish in figure discussions (not at Hivewire, elsewhere!), beating my head off a wall trying to get environments to look the way I wanted ... so I decided to stop and change direction. Started making a mannikin figure, the idea being to make something I could pose quickly, then export to Zbrush to make figurative sculpts. Then I hurt myself at work enough to be signed off for a while. So I modelled. And UV'd. And grouped, painted, then modelled some more - and learned to rig the result. I am - I hope - close to finishing my first Poser figure.

This is Mort.

mort-test29.jpg

caisson

Admirable
Contributing Artist
Somewhere while I was busy and not paying attention Renderosity bought Poser which offers the hope of restarted development, and I realised that rigging was something I was capable of learning, and then I found that I was really enjoying 3d again. Still, my main inspiration remains Michel Lauricella's Morpho books, and once I finish Mort, I intend to start on an ecorche figure. Then I shall crawl under the duvet of despair once more :D

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Ha, love it! Great to see this project and product of yours. Good for you. You may have seen a thread here at the Hive showing a Skeleton I was developing that fits inside our Dusk model. But.. is is a long way from being completed.

What you've created here is gold. I love what you've been able to come up with. You indeed have a solid talent. This will have some great value. Your timing is great too, get it done and out before Halloween. Skull morphs are a great idea with the expressions you have going.

You might also consider a separate Skull product, that offers stacked and scattered skulls, with an old bone look for maps. Also a scattered bone look for your full Skeleton product.

Stay out of that despair hole. It's too easy to crawl in there and stay a while.

caisson

Admirable
Contributing Artist
Thanks Chris! I did see your skeleton thread a while back, I was knocked out by the detail and accuracy - hope you get the time to go back to it soon.

Thanks for the ideas - I think I can do scattered bone and bone piles with Modo Indie's dynamics. The stacked skulls idea made me think of the catacombs in Paris, might try some arrays and see what I can come up with. Definitely have to try making a dynamic robe and scythe too ;)