• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

3D Modeling

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Janet, you can find Luna's cr2 in the following folder:

Runtime > Character > HiveWire 3D > BabyLuna

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
So I modeled a jacket for Baby Luna in Blender, straightened out the UV's, opened up Auto Group Editor and now I'm lost. I know how it works but I can't figure out how to move the scene around. Any ideas?

quietrob

Extraordinary
Hex really is a good program once you get used to using it. It can be a bit quirky, and takes some getting used to, but that applies to any program you might choose.... they each have their strengths and weaknesses. These were all modeled in Hexagon, just to give you some idea of its capabilities... once you become familiar with using it...

View attachment 30674

View attachment 30675

View attachment 30676

View attachment 30677

View attachment 30678

View attachment 30679
Amazing! All of these just makes me wanna do more than my crate!

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist

So I got this far in modeling a jacket for Luna. I'm having a real problem grouping it and getting the cr2 to work. Tried to make it work as a dynamic piece of clothing but it gives the error that it can't go past frame 0. Oh well I'm having fun!

Miss B

CV-BEE
I've never had that kind of error in the Cloth Room, so I'm wondering what in the OBJ is causing it.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
So you've made thing in blender and they work as dynamic cloth in Poser?

I dunno. I tried a previous version without the edges being turned up and it did the same thing. I ordered a 3 button mouse from Amazon today so I should be able to use the Auto Grouping tool.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I haven't, yet, successfully modeled any type of clothing in Blender. I have used MD3 and Silo for clothing, and once I exported an OBJ, and imported it into Poser, I've found some trial and error for the simulation settings were the only problems I've had.

Whether there's something in a Blender mesh that would cause that type of warning, I can't say for sure.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Is it already listed as a prop rather than an OBJ? Can Poser handle Object files to run simulations? Just an unknowing question from the unknowing mass.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yah I imported it then saved it as a prop and still no go. I'm texturing it now and hoping I'll be able to group it when the mouse gets here and make it into a conforming clothing piece.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Is it already listed as a prop rather than an OBJ? Can Poser handle Object files to run simulations? Just an unknowing question from the unknowing mass.
Good point Rob, as I think you can, but I could be wrong, as most of the dynamic clothing I've worked with, which were created by others, were already set up as .pp2 files.

I'll have to try one of my own to see if I can just import the .obj file, and get it to work. I don't recall saving any of my own as .pp2 files first, but it's been a while, so going to have to check.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yes. Poser can handle an obj in the cloth room.

When I create dynamic clothing, I run the imported obj through the Poser cloth room to create wrinkles and then export the simmed obj to continue working on it in Silo.

Miss B

CV-BEE
You know, I thought it was possible. Now I'm definitely going to have to try one of my own dresses that I haven't saved as .pp2 files.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I switched back to a previous version in Blender and exported that obj and got it to work!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhh, something in 2.79 was causing that to happen? I haven't upgraded yet, so I may just hold off for a while.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
No a previous version of the file I was working on. Then I tried to add an image map to it in blender and put it back in poser and got that error again. Dunno.