• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

3D Modeling

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
well in the collision select only these parts...i´m not sure if you need to select something more because i´m not dynamic expert...just what i know...sorry talking later...going to dinner! :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ahhh OK, chat later. I usually select all parts that come in contact with the clothing, so in this case, everything but Luna's head, legs and feet.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
You are right Miss B. I might need to smooth out the mesh a little more. I just ordered Z Brush so can do that when it comes.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well I'm now trying to import the OBJ directly to see if I get better results.

Also, in the new zip you have a 3rd texture, a displacement map, but you don't have anything plugged into displacement, only the bump map. Did you decide to not use the displacement map?

I was just wondering what settings you used in the Cloth Room, as that can make a difference as well.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, I decided to use just the standing pose with her arms down for my first test, and the Fold Resistance at 200 made a big difference. However, it looks like it's sliding off her shoulders, so I think there needs to be some sort of constraint to keep it up on her shoulders. Since you only have the one material zone, that won't necessarily work.

Anyway, I had to run out for a while, so I'm going to play with the PP2 from the second download with your suggested Fold Resistance setting, and the displacement map. I'll see if that works better.

LunaJacketFront.jpg

LunaJacketBack.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, I reinstalled the Jacket and Textures, and when loaded up the PP2 file, I checked it in the Material Room, and I'm only seeing the new-texture.jpg and the bump-map.jpg. I don't see the displacement-map.jpg plugged in at all.

Also, you have the new-texture.jpg plugged in twice, once in the Diffuse node, and once in the Specular node. Since it's the same texture, you can plug it into both nodes without having to create a second Color_Texture palette.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
...it looks like it's sliding off her shoulders, so I think there needs to be some sort of constraint to keep it up on her shoulders.
In the cloth room, you can edit constrained group, and paint a few of the collar vertices, and add those to the constrained group.

Those vertices will thereafter stick to the nearest spot on Luna's skin during dynamic simulation, while the rest of the cloth drapes freely.

Miss B

CV-BEE
That's exactly what I was thinking Seach, and your suggestion about using part of the collar, rather than just the neckline I initially thought of, is definitely a better choice.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I fixed the materials I hope. Luna Jacket4.zip

I tried constraining it to the shoulders and it work but one side of the jacket comes down lower than the other side.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, I figured out the issue with the materials. You fixed the MT5 file in the Materials Library, but you didn't fix it with respect to the PP2 file, so that needs to reflect the new materials setup as well.

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
well i see you are in better hands Janet...i told you i´m not so good at poser dynamics lol!
hope all will be ok :grouphug:

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK Janet, I just sent you a PM, with a link to a zip file, which contains everything you'll need to get this completed.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, for those who have been following this thread, here's the adjusted Jacket for Luna I rendered earlier.

Now that I got the constrain area set, it's staying on her shoulders. :)

The Dynamic Calculations in the Cloth Room can still be tweaked, but I'm not sure what "weight" this jacket is supposed to be. IOW, a heavy winter jacket, or light-weight spring jacket.

LunaJacketFixed.jpg

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
It looks beautiful! Thank you so much Miss B! I will give credit to you and Dawn (Lully) when I make it available a a freebie at FantasiesRealmMarket.com As far as the weight goes, it's supposed to be a medium heavy quilted weight but it can be any weight really. Looking at how it bends at the arms, that's how it hung on my son when he wore it.