• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Anime Dawn Begins!!

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Purple! Yay! You may notice I kind of like it. I asked a friend who was a film student/asspring film maker why aliens and stuff in movies were never purple. There was some sort of reason having to do with how purple looks in film that I didn't quite get. Luckily it works fine in 3D ;)

And yes, she could use some sort of slippers, or maybe sandals. However, shoes are not really my strong point, and they don't work as dynamics, so we'll see what happens.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
One thing I've always associated with the color purple is "royalty", such as kings and queens robes worn during ceremonies.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Indeed, in ancient times, purple was the most expensive pigment to color clothing, so it was reserved for royalty. ^^

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
LOOKS REALLY NICE CHRIS.
Also would you consider along the same lines, also maybe making a fully articulated Ball Joint Doll set for both Dawn and Dusk?
Would be great to offer it so the mapping might be able to utilize existing textures and some of the face and body character morphs and jointed to also work well with some of the clothes and accessories already available for Dawn and Dusk.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Though i like what you are doing with this Chris, I personally don't use anime styled figures much preferring more realistic figure shapes.
But I can see where the huge attraction exists. Perhaps that is why Aiko 3 was the most world over heavily used mil3 figure for so long and still being used. She was a more petite version of the big girl V3 was again aligning with the whole Anime style out of the older Japanese Anime school.
Would love to see this Anime figure standing side by side with the very successful Aiko3.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I remember when A3 was first released, there was such a fuss that created quite a hype to render her everywhere, even without any morphs. The hype was mostly about her being the first free figure from DAZ, though, and people didn't care much what style she was, so far as they could get her for free. That was a big deal back in those days, where free contents were not common. At least not at figure level. I have created a bunch of outfits for A3 back in 2005, and she wasn't as great as the hype claimed, but the base figure was free, and that's all people cared about back in those days. So much that DAZ has fixed a lot of the issues in A4, but she wasn't free (morph for V4), and therefore not as popular. I guess it's hard to compete with free. :p

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
oooooohhhh fantasy skins huh, is there a cheap MR for Dawn I could use as a base? (I'm no good at creating from scratch but I think I'm not too bad at altering stuff :D)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
SE being the special edition? If so, I have that, I think I might have to have a play :D Thanks Alisa!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
You're welcome :)

Yep, Dawn Special Edition. Just has to be for a commercial product, not freebies.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Some of Ken's tail appliances would be fun to play with too!

Kitsune of the 9 Tails - This is ancient lol Royloo armor and Sydney
sig armor 21 copy AP.jpg

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Oh, I really really like that NA! I think I have someone's Kitsune standalone product.... I think it's from Sixus1

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhh, I like! I don't have those wings, but I like them. I have some freebie wings Thorne had over at Faerie Wylde years ago, but their forum's down, and they closed their store a long time ago. They "might" be at DAZ, but I'm not sure. They were called Universal Wings I think.