• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Shetland Pony!!!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
@Lorraine, those tiny ones can be wicked fast and sneaky little twits sometimes and don't you dare underestimate them in the finish!!

One popular thoroughbred that comes to mind is Birdstone! LOL he was about the size of a bird, but man could he fly!

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
People sure underestimated Calaban! He looked like such a slug in the birdcage and then...woosh, there he was, out in front, going 19 to the dozen and winning. He was so gentle too. Hard to believe he was a stallion, he was so calm and peaceful. The only time he ever got fired up was in a race. Miss him a lot.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Not sure I got a decent Shetland FOAL... I DIALED it right off my dialed welsh pony, sized him down and dialed more... I kept googling Shetland foals, (getting huge doses of cute-ness, for sure) ... I think as long as a foal can't be truly FUZZY, the "adult" coats just look too mature...
ShetlandMareNfoalWIP.jpg

ps I did try Laurie's foal poses but bad things happened...as I am sure they were NOT made for this new breed....so have to stick with hand posing...

and HEY, ANYONE ELSE NOTICE a HUGE slow down in poser's response time? My dials with this 'heavy' pony either over react or don't react at all...and I have to resort to typing in numbers instead of just mouse-drag dialing... I have a feeling reducing huge Harry down so compactly made for a complex model... I also can't "get ahold" of body parts via the mouse, they just do NOT lite up... so have to resort to menus for body part selection... NOT A COMPLIANT, just an observation. I have a very very high end graphics machine with tons of ram everywhere, so it's not my hardware/software...normally my pp 1024 is very fast and responsive.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
aw thanks, Chris...I am so ADDICTED to this critter! I have more ideas than time to do them...and of course had to take time out to do Monica justice (she is the "Mom" in my pony/Luna/mommy one I'm working on, but she will have less details showing in a more complex scene)...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Ahh, very nice images.

I always wondered if ponies also came in sizes large enough to carry a small, but not miniscule sized adult thanks to Mercedes Lackey's Valdemar books.
I missed these earlier...I love Mercedes Lackeys Valdemar books and would love a morph for a companion...it's something I would love to have time to play with...plus their tack!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Sorry Lyne, I can't help as I've never used Poser.

What a cutie you've go there tho!
(not sure if its the angle but he looks a little too small, foals legs are approx 80-90% the length of the adult. here's a cute example: http://www.kellas-stud.co.uk/Colours/DSC01932.JPG his legs look almost the same length - just look at that face! its really hard to try and find pix that the mare and foal are on the same level)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
hmmm no throatlatch, bit longer legs, even shorter neck... hmmm (it also helped look more baby-ish when I dished the face a bit, although there is no dish in real foals)... hmm thanks though...back to work... :)

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I missed these earlier...I love Mercedes Lackeys Valdemar books and would love a morph for a companion...it's something I would love to have time to play with...plus their tack!

From all I can gather, Companions are as diverse as the horse. As in, there is no specific build or look for a companion. What marks a companion is silver-grey hooves that chime on hard surfaces, a spotless completely white coat (You could use the unicorn texture) and blue eyes, which seem to vary in hue. From Foundation, Herald Setham (the coach of the kirball team that Mags ends up on) is partnered by a companion that is described as small and compact, almost cobby. Weaponsmaster Albrech (Albrecht, something like that) is partnered by a companion that is very muscular like a war horse. And there's all sorts of diversity in between. The only companion that is ever uniquely identifiable, is the King's/Queen's Own companion... and even then what makes him stand out isn't so much his build but the way he seems so much... more.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
hmmm no throatlatch, bit longer legs, even shorter neck... hmmm (it also helped look more baby-ish when I dished the face a bit, although there is no dish in real foals)... hmm thanks though...back to work... :)
Yes Lyne, they do have a dish in the foals (well, its not so dished as its more of a hump on their forehead that makes it look dished. I think all foals have that to some degree except maybe roman nosed types like Clydesdales, they have it but its not noticeable).
http://www.mediastorehouse.com/p/491/mini-shetland-pony-and-foal-which-is-the-size-of-a-6251533.jpg
http://www.shetlandsales.com/user_images/6253740.jpg
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_vB6X9oWLVIg/S_1JS8n6VgI/AAAAAAAAHc8/9rIe9lQgo5s/s1600/DSCF1900.JPG
I agree with shorter neck, all the image I can find look like they have really short necks and with heads stuck on :p And longer legs.

He's looking so dang cute though!

Joelle

Inspired
H.E.L.P! I 've asked if I needed anything else but they told me the Shetlander pony was all I needed. Apparently I need the morphs for the different breeds too. So do I need to purchase these aswell? (hope not).

upload_2016-3-1_20-57-48.png

skylab

Esteemed
Joelle, if you remember, I told you before, you had all you need for the basic shetland pony. If you are trying to mix breeds with friesian, arabian or the unicorn, then yes, they have to be purchased and installed in order to access those morph settings. That could be why it's searching for those breeds. I don't have friesian or arabian, and I've just started using DAZ Studio (I use Poser), so it will take a DS user to help you further with this, as your screen capture indicates it's looking for .duf files.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Joelle, the HiveWire Horse and the Shetland breed should be all you need to create a Shetland pony. There should be no other breeds needed.

Could you list the steps you are following to load the Shetland? Are you using the Shetland LoadAll? That would load the HiveWire horse with the Shetland INJ file as well as the Mane, Tail, and Fetlocks. Or are you loading the Horse, Mane, Tail, and Fetlocks individually?

The screenshot you posted shows that the missing files are for the Mane.

Lorraine

Joelle, you are correct. I have no other breeds but the Shetland and when I load it the same box comes up and tells me I am missing those files. Iclicked OK and the Shetland loaded thus:

Shetland.jpg

Is this what he's supposed to look like, those folk who are loading him successfully?

Lorraine

In DS we only have two options ShetlandLongHairLoadAll and ShetlandShortHairLoadAll.