• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Shetland Pony!!!

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Lorraine...do you have the Load All feature under Figures - Hivewire 3D - and I forget, I think it's Animals - and then Hivewire Horse. I believe it's under Breeds - there's an option to just hit Load All, and everything loads up, mane, tail, everything, fitted and ready to go. If you manually load everything, you may encounter errors...see discussion on page 2 of this thread. If you still have errors after making sure that you're loading things in proper order, then you may indeed have an issue to report as a bug. It will take an experienced DS user who also has the pony to verify this.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Yes, Skylab, that is how I loaded him, I clicked ShetlandLonghairLoadAll. When you click it, the missing files pops up. I clicked OK, and the horse loaded as my render. Joelle is correct, there is a glitch in the dufs as it also happens with the short hair duf.

skylab

Esteemed
Okay...I was starting to wonder. This is what we see in Poser, following the tree along the top, it leads to the Shetland Load All feature.

shetland.jpg

Lorraine

Yes, that's what we see in DS too. I think you will only see the missing files popup if you only have the Shetland.

skylab

Esteemed
I don't have the other breeds, and no errors pop up in Poser, so it must be a DS only glitch.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Out of curiosity, I just tried loading up the ShetlandLngHairLoadAll in Poser, and I don't have a problem either. When I played with it earlier, I was injecting it into Harry's base, which is different.

Good thing you reported it Lorraine. That'll get it fixed for you guys. Don't know why they didn't catch that when beta testing.

Lorraine

It's probably just as well I only have the Shetland too and could duplicate Joelle's problem, otherwise the poor thing would have been getting the wrong advice, torn all her hair out, and maybe given up. I was so pleased I could help her.

skylab

Esteemed
Well, ultimately she will be fine...the Shetland works if you click past the error box, the DS files just need an update so that the error box doesn't appear. I usually handle error boxes this way when I happen to encounter them, or I manually find the files to satisfy the search...but in this case, she can go ahead and use the pony.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Never hurts to give her a nudge, she's always going in so many directions I'm surprised she doesn't run into herself and knock herself out! LOL

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hi Joelle, I've had no problems loading the shetland pony but I've been going to the breeds folder and loading from there. I just loaded Harry and dialed in the shetland pony through the parameter tab under actor full body and had no problems with that one either. But then I do have most of Laurie's breeds...
From all I can gather, Companions are as diverse as the horse. As in, there is no specific build or look for a companion. What marks a companion is silver-grey hooves that chime on hard surfaces, a spotless completely white coat (You could use the unicorn texture) and blue eyes, which seem to vary in hue. From Foundation, Herald Setham (the coach of the kirball team that Mags ends up on) is partnered by a companion that is described as small and compact, almost cobby. Weaponsmaster Albrech (Albrecht, something like that) is partnered by a companion that is very muscular like a war horse. And there's all sorts of diversity in between. The only companion that is ever uniquely identifiable, is the King's/Queen's Own companion... and even then what makes him stand out isn't so much his build but the way he seems so much... more.
I've been rereading some of her earlier books recently and there was a description in one of those that described the general body type for a companion. It was the first book in the Wind series and from memory it was Karal describing them.

I'm sure there would be diversity as well but there would be a general body type that should work for most and you could dial in parts of other morphs to get something like Albrech's horse or the cob...