• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Shetland Pony!!!

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I've been rereading some of her earlier books recently and there was a description in one of those that described the general body type for a companion. It was the first book in the Wind series and from memory it was Karal describing them.

I'm sure there would be diversity as well but there would be a general body type that should work for most and you could dial in parts of other morphs to get something like Albrech's horse or the cob...

You're right Karal does wax eloquent on the beauty of Rubric's horse, and then later as he sees them in Companion's field. Though again, in the case of his admiration of Rubric's Companion, it could be how the one horse looks. Though I do admit, since they're all supposed to have insane stamina and speed there should be something to convey a horse with staying power.

You could always try writing Lackey, or her publisher to ask. You might get an answer.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Those who have already commented on it, I too am finding that the Shetland morph does not play well with the foal morph; I've made my own attempt at a foal by mixing the shetland (0.5) and foal (1.0) morphs then using scaling, but with mixed success as this has created some rough connections between the joints and a funny kink in the bottom of the neck:
pony and foal.png
(The mare also has additional scaling on top of the shetland morph to give a slightly more traditional, original-Shetland-Isles look)

If anyone wanted to repeat my attempt, I've generally gone for an overall slight upscaling on the body as a whole (110%), leg joint downscaling on the Y-axis, body downscaling on the Z-axis (between 90% and 50%, from the shoulders and thighs downwards), overall downscaling on the hooves (80%), and using the morphs on the body to shorten the head and reduce the muzzle size.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't believe the Shetland Pony was meant to work with the Foal HaiGan. I believe it was only mean to work with the HiveWire Horse base and some (or maybe all) of the breeds for the HiveWire Horse base. The Foal isn't a breed.

I did get it to work with the Unicorn, which isn't a breed either, but the Unicorn is a full sized horse, whereas the Foal isn't.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Good idea Sunfire...I'm not sure if Mercedes would like someone to make a morph for sale...it might need to be a freebie type thing. I'm going to think about it some more before I do anything.
@HaiGan, Sunfire mentioned that you need to have them add up to 100% so try variations of 50/50 or 25/75...

skylab

Esteemed
Thanks Pen :) I was messing with him this morning while doing other stuff...will probably attempt this animation again later...good for a laugh :)