• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Shetland Pony!!!

eclark1894

Visionary
Sweet renders guys! (I love the Thelwell one, great job!)

I've posted quite a few on the Harry thread (was slack and didn't see this one! :p)

The first one is the one I think everyone was thinking of when they heard about the Shetland (Black Beauty). 2nd one was just to see the 2 default textures plus a couple of other coats. 3rd is the little Welsh Mountain Pony I dialed up (Shetland and Arabian morphs, with the Shet and Arab behind for comparison) and last I needed to do a little Welshie with a Child :D (and testing a roan texture I made from a couple CWRW's awesome textures).
View attachment 4643 View attachment 4642 View attachment 4644 View attachment 4641
I just noticed that most are a little backlit, strange for me because I like the sun pretty much front on, I must be growing :D

Oh and I just fully loaded the Shetland then applied the Arab.
Click to view larger :)
Hey Rae, who's the girl in the render? How old is she supposed to be? I think of using Laura or maybe 3 D Universe's teen Dawn for a character design for a story I've been writing forever. Thing is she's pre-teen, physically at least. Think 13, but a real late bloomer.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
She's either Skyler or Rayn from Daz, this one is G2F but Skyler now available in G3F (not sure about Rayn).
It says in the promo "With all the sass of a soon-to-be teenager" so I'd say she's perfect for your pre-teen :)
Skyler and Rayn look pretty much the same, but I think Rayn has darker skin (they are supposed to be best friends but look more like twins to me :p)

eclark1894

Visionary
She's either Skyler or Rayn from Daz, this one is G2F but Skyler now available in G3F (not sure about Rayn).
It says in the promo "With all the sass of a soon-to-be teenager" so I'd say she's perfect for your pre-teen :)
Skyler and Rayn look pretty much the same, but I think Rayn has darker skin (they are supposed to be best friends but look more like twins to me :p)
Too bad, don't use Genesis at all. Oh well, but thanks for the quick response.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
From all I can gather, Companions are as diverse as the horse. As in, there is no specific build or look for a companion. What marks a companion is silver-grey hooves that chime on hard surfaces, a spotless completely white coat (You could use the unicorn texture) and blue eyes, which seem to vary in hue. From Foundation, Herald Setham (the coach of the kirball team that Mags ends up on) is partnered by a companion that is described as small and compact, almost cobby. Weaponsmaster Albrech (Albrecht, something like that) is partnered by a companion that is very muscular like a war horse. And there's all sorts of diversity in between. The only companion that is ever uniquely identifiable, is the King's/Queen's Own companion... and even then what makes him stand out isn't so much his build but the way he seems so much... more.

I know, late to the party! I've always pictured them as being a Quarter horse as the base, and then the variations that can occur around that, smaller, stockier, little more graceful, bigger, more muscle. Jody Lynn Nye (that my not be the artist, but that was what came to my brain this morning) always draws them very Arabic-y, but like I said, I see them more Quarter horseish.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear

I've posted quite a few on the Harry thread (was slack and didn't see this one! :p)

The first one is the one I think everyone was thinking of when they heard about the Shetland (Black Beauty). 2nd one was just to see the 2 default textures plus a couple of other coats. 3rd is the little Welsh Mountain Pony I dialed up (Shetland and Arabian morphs, with the Shet and Arab behind for comparison) and last I needed to do a little Welshie with a Child :D (and testing a roan texture I made from a couple CWRW's awesome textures).
View attachment 4643 View attachment 4642 View attachment 4644 View attachment 4641
I just noticed that most are a little backlit, strange for me because I like the sun pretty much front on, I must be growing :D

Was looking at these again...they are SO adorable!!!!!!! Hugs and hope your feeling better?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Still not walking but easier to stand. Going to be at least a couple more days in hospital. (cant go home untill I can walk to loo by myself)

We need more Shetlands running around here

Carey

Extraordinary
Not sure I got a decent Shetland FOAL... I DIALED it right off my dialed welsh pony, sized him down and dialed more... I kept googling Shetland foals, (getting huge doses of cute-ness, for sure) ... I think as long as a foal can't be truly FUZZY, the "adult" coats just look too mature...
View attachment 4784

ps I did try Laurie's foal poses but bad things happened...as I am sure they were NOT made for this new breed....so have to stick with hand posing...

and HEY, ANYONE ELSE NOTICE a HUGE slow down in poser's response time? My dials with this 'heavy' pony either over react or don't react at all...and I have to resort to typing in numbers instead of just mouse-drag dialing... I have a feeling reducing huge Harry down so compactly made for a complex model... I also can't "get ahold" of body parts via the mouse, they just do NOT lite up... so have to resort to menus for body part selection... NOT A COMPLIANT, just an observation. I have a very very high end graphics machine with tons of ram everywhere, so it's not my hardware/software...normally my pp 1024 is very fast and responsive.
The muscle structure looks too well developed as well

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
That's true, Carey....but not much one can do about that, without some major morph working of the mesh... and I'm way beyond that sort of thing, sadly.

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Still not walking but easier to stand. Going to be at least a couple more days in hospital. (cant go home untill I can walk to loo by myself)

We need more Shetlands running around here
sorry...missed this! hope you heal real soon! :grouphug::balloon03:

Carey

Extraordinary
That's true, Carey....but not much one can do about that, without some major morph working of the mesh... and I'm way beyond that sort of thing, sadly.
Hard to tell if the muscle structure is a matter of mapping or modeling, either way it is beyond my skill level...lol

Carey

Extraordinary

WONDERFUL AND FUN