• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Give us a BIIIIIG kiss! :p

Ew5.png

Harry, Shetland morph plus additional scaling and tweaks, CWRW's mane&tail pack and texture, Poser's Katie with scaling, and my own headcollar prop.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
@HiaGan I tried making a pony morph last summer and if I remember right there is a morph for PropogatingHeadScale and also for the neck thickness there is a morph called NeckThick. I think they both are in the general HiveWiveHorse parameters. You can also make the legs more slender going negative on LegBackThick and LegFrontThick.

Thank you, yes, I found these but for some reason they weren't working in the negative direction for me. In a fresh load of the horse they do work in the negative direction, though, so it's something odd with my file I think.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Seliah, one of the rare ones I did postwork on.

I first rendered the whole horse/wings with a rainbow in the Top Coat but he was a bit too dark so I did it again without (and made the crystals glow) and layered them over the top of each other and tweaked but removing some parts playing with percentages etc until I got the result I wanted.

Rick

Eager
I need to come by here more often. :) There are so many wonderful renders! So many individual styles and lots of great imagination here! Love the Shetland pony!! Thank you all for sharing! :)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Lovely little figure this rocking horse. Is the animal in the set poseable as well or just a static obj? Wondered if the legs can bend and the mouth open and the head bend to change positions for different renders.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Since the Rocking Horse relies on using/having Base Harry- yes- the rocker might not work once the pose is changed obviously. Actually you can just even "skip" the Rocking Horse Load All and load up Harry, apply the Rocking Horse textures to Harry and use him like you would with any other "coats". I can't remember if we made MAT files for the Rocking Horse but it would be easy enough to just make and save your own MAT file from the Rocking Horse and apply that to base Harry.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The Rocking Horse is pretty good for customization.
This is the fully loaded RH with a customized Toon Horse coat, mane and tail, the base and handles have Car Paint Iray shaders.
It also has the Arab morph that I further customized (too many to mention but the main one is thinner legs, and closed his mouth as the RH default has mouth open).
The neck and head have been re-posed. The legs can be manually posed but I wouldn't otherwise it wouldn't really work for a Rocking Horse but like Laurie said, you can just load Harry and put the RH maps on him (if you were thinking of maybe a Carousel horse?).
RockArab.png

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Aww... Rae that is so cute! Actually, he looks not much different from one we made for our daughter when she was little. We had bought one of those plastic ones when she was a toddler, but my husband and I repainted it and I actually used a hair dye kit from the store to change the color of the mane and tail for her. Her favorite colors back then were blue, purple, and yellow... heck of a combination, I know! But we repainted it and dyed the mane and tail for her, and she had a ball with it at Christmas! She was so enthralled with having her own "horsie" that we had to set up a tray table to the side just to get her to eat her lunch. LOL

Very cute render, Rae. I love the colors you chose!

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
i just get The Horse and foal...will try the rocking horse too....here are a lot of wonderful renders with it!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
were we supposed to post PONY art in another thread? (can't find it, and am in a hurry)
The only Pony thread I know of is the HiveWire Shetland Pony!!! | HiveWire 3D Community where some of us have posted our Shetland are but I don't think you HAVE to post it there :D the pony is still Harry so I think its fine to post here too.

Love your image Lyne. I like what you did with the texture.