• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
That's the sort of thing I was thinking of, Rae, the Classic tack is what I'd call Spanish rather than English. UK rather than US terminoloy? I'll have to see if I can find the set I modeled years and years and YEARS ago for the old Poser horse but never rigged- it had a GP saddle, numnah, snaffle, cavesson with optional flash, running martingale, brushing boots, overreach boots, and I was working on a tail bandage that went with a tail morph. As it's all just obj files it ought to be not too bad to get a basic fit. Hoping it's not all on the hard drive that went bang completely. Thinking Harry might look fun in a fly fringe... :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
This English bridle is the Mil horse one. For the life of me I couldn't get it to fit the Shetland with the Arab morph properly so I just cloned out the back part of the nose band :) (and you don't want to see what the other side looks like - oh my! :oops:)
If you can get all that working for Harry I'll throw my money at you HaiGan! :D

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Hard to tell because they are black and white but the Palomino was the only one of those that I actually owned. That was when I first got her and she wasn't really in any condition except fat :D (she hadn't been ridden in 2 years and was only a 6 year old).

I used to ride a Palomino, it was owned by the farm owner. She was very fat and old and my dad called her 'the Three Cows'. Why? Because she ate as much grass as...three cows.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Did you check Tia out Lorraine? She's pretty fat, she even has fat dimples :D (and that was after she had started to get into condition, imagine her before hand :D) I'll have to see if Dad has any pix he can send and I'll put them in a there own media gallery :))

Lorraine

I'm afraid, Rae, that the Three Cows would have made two of your Tia. She was ENORMOUS! I rode her for a year or so and then she just continued to live in the paddock with the bulls, eating the grass and infuriating my father, until she died. She was well in to her late 20's if not 30's when that happened.

Lorraine

Though after writing all about 'she', I'm now not sure if 'she' wasn't actually 'he' a gelding. Far too long ago for me to remember. All I know for sure was 'it' was huge!

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
I seem to have missed a bunch of posts, on competition. I've not been in touch with anything except heavy horses at shows for several years, and way back when I was young enough to feel immortal I was following Mounted Games and showjumping. My only exposure to light horse show-showing has been a couple of friends with show ponies, and they were proper riders- if they couldn't do it in a plain snaffle and cavesson, they schooled until they could. Something like a flash would be a temporary measure while working towards going without it. I get the impression that there's less in the way of win-at-all-costs never-mind-the-horse's-comfort practices in the UK than in some places, but perhaps I'm just out of touch with what happens at the 'top' levels.

Sort of speaking of heavy horses, is anyone working on heavy horse (i.e. collar-and-hames) harness? Probably a tiny market for it, mind you.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh HaiGan you're so lucky, I love heavy horses. (I always wanted a Clydesdale or Percheron when I was young. Heck, I'd take one now if I could afford it :D)
I can't do any kind of modeling but I'd love to see some heavy horse stuff too.
I'd have loved to work with the heavys, I don't know what I would have done (prob still would have done dressage with them :D) One Day Events were my fave.

I used to mainly work in various snaffle type bits, I loved it when we were allowed to use French snaffle in dressage (it was against the rules at one stage) all my horses went better in one. Mainly other bits I used were a curb with a double bridle and that was for showing (I think at one stage I did have a french pelham too, again mainly for looks and not relying on the curb part like some do). I only used a drop-nose when doing games as the pony I used to ride had a hard mouth (that was before I got him, he did get a bit better but was a bit pig headed sometimes). And a Grackle when jumping for that little bit of extra control if needed (and like I said they were never too tight, we still had the 2 finger rule).

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I love this little guy (this is the Shetland with Arab morph to give him more of a Welsh Mountain Pony look).
Oh, I have the Arabian breed, and I was just thinking about how it would mix with the Shetland a few minutes ago. Nicely done Rae. ;)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The Shetland and Arab morphs are the only mix I've tried so far and I LOVE it (haha as if you couldn't tell from all my postings :p) I love all the Welshies!

I don't know how the other morphs would go as I think they'd be too similar but I don't have the Unicorn, I think that would work well too.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh thatos sweet Miss B :)

I've been slack, I didn't know that there was a Shetland thread! I should have posted all these there :D

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I'm not quite there YET... I've been re-positioning the hindquarters/hind legs to change the shapes of his back... lots AND LOTS of dialing - changing body parts thickness, leg length, etc... I want the very old fashioned welsh, not the new "arab look" of the modern show welsh... just my own personal preference... I love EVERYONE'S renders of this precious little guy!!

WelshPonyTest.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Nice Lyne! (I love all the different grades of Welshies, if I could afford it I'd get a large Cob this very minute, that or a Friesian/Percheron or Clyde! :p)

I always thought the WMountain always had an araby type head? (my little fella did and that's going back 30 years) well, at least a very dishy one.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Okay, here's a strange one for you: Beast Horse + 1/2 Shetland as the base for a Suffolk (Punch). I was hoping that Beast Horse + Quarterhorse might work, because the Suffolk has relatively slender legs for its bodyweight, but that didn't come out right. This one's a better cross, odd though it sounds! Head's still too large, and there's no ready-to-dial way to make the neck more slender that I have found yet; but way closer than I've have before!

Suffolk Test 2.png

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Love it HaiGan!

With the first Welsh I did (before the Shetland came) I dialed the neck to the closest I could, then I selected each neck part individually and used scale on it (not the one that scales all, one of the ones that just did the height as the width was ok) hope that makes sense (and helps :p)

Actually, I just looked the breed up (I don't know it very well) and you are very close. Its just the little bit under the neck as the stallions have that big crest (it of course would need a little slimming for mares and youngsters) Well done.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Nice Pen, is that your Diva? She looks like she was made for the Shetland :D

(only a little criticism, I'm finding the texture of the ground around his feet a little distracting)