• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yep it is Diva...

Yeah, I noticed that it's the original texture for IRay worlds...I'm not sure how I'm going to fix it. It looks good in a distance but up close it's not so nice. I'm not sure if it's a setting on Iray that I need to fix...still so much to learn with Iray.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I think its actually the texture, nothing regarding Iray (it looks low res) I wonder if you could swap it for a high res one? or you may need to render the plants/Shetland and Diva separately over a "clear" background and manually put a ground in?
(I had a cliff texture like that, and this is similar to what I had to do, I did redo it when I found an iray rock texture which worked well.)

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
People are loving the Shetland! Great renders everyone.

*Tweak*
Suffolk Test 3.png

(Yes, still uses the Shetland morph set to 0.5, now with some scaling on individual body parts.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I think its actually the texture, nothing regarding Iray (it looks low res) I wonder if you could swap it for a high res one? or you may need to render the plants/Shetland and Diva separately over a "clear" background and manually put a ground in?
(I had a cliff texture like that, and this is similar to what I had to do, I did redo it when I found an iray rock texture which worked well.)
Definitely food for thought...I rendered this overnight. I'll have to think about it...

@HiaGan I tried making a pony morph last summer and if I remember right there is a morph for PropogatingHeadScale and also for the neck thickness there is a morph called NeckThick. I think they both are in the general HiveWiveHorse parameters. You can also make the legs more slender going negative on LegBackThick and LegFrontThick.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
@HiaGan I tried making a pony morph last summer and if I remember right there is a morph for PropogatingHeadScale and also for the neck thickness there is a morph called NeckThick. I think they both are in the general HiveWiveHorse parameters. You can also make the legs more slender going negative on LegBackThick and LegFrontThick.

Yes, you're very right about that. Having created those initial morphs, I know they're present. So glad you brought it up here for guidance. Though it appears that HaiGan well on his/her way to a desired result.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Gorgeous renders, everyone! Love seeing what people are making with our little sweetie pie Shet :)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
@Miss B WOW!! Really Kewl!!
@Lyne, exquisite render and very Welsh pony like in appearance great morph dialing!!
@Rae134 , I'm with Sanbie that makes me rather happy also!
@Pendraia, Really cute Pen!! I love her enthusiasm and fearlessness! Although, I guess if you have wings you don't have to worry about falling off too much!!
@HaiGan, Fantastic dial spinning there!!
I did a thoroughbred from Harry in the How Harry Came To Be thread very much the same way you are morphing that cute little Shet!! =) It's exciting to see what you guys are going to come up with!!

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks NA. It was fun trying to see if I could do it. Now I'm enthused to try the Shetland and Arabian match-up. :)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Try it!!! I'm sure it will be an awesome combo!! You did mention a while back you needed to do some fun renders with Harry!! I will be looking forward to seeing some! =)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I worked more on the hind end of my "Welsh Pony" AND tried the bridle on him! With just a teeny bit of Y adjust to the throatlatch strap 95.00- it fits! woo hoo!

WelshPony2.jpg

this is a screen capture, not a render...gosh does he look great even before rendering! :) Such a tribute to the team that created this pony and bridle!
PP 2014

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Lookin' good, Lyne!

Aha! Here, I knew I had a nice photo of a Welsh sec. A around. Feel free to use for reference but please don't reproduce:
Img_0691.jpg

Also one of a Shetland, because they can be the cutest things ever, and because this one is called Rambo:
Img_0910.jpg

EDIT: Adding one one head profile of the less Arab-y Welsh type you mentioned. This one was the class winner so I think the judge preferred it too!:
Img_0715.jpg

(All photographs ©Kirstin Darke, all rights reserved)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Ah thanks... I'm pretty happy with my "welsh" look now, but perhaps I'll just call him a "pony" ... mainly fell in love with making Harry as a Pony ever since I saw the render that...(darn my brain) ? did with the pinto pony... so adorable... and now the Shetland makes it so easy! I LOVE MY HIVE HORSES!! :)