• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Again ... lovely renders. So much to read, so little time :( I need to spend the weekend on promos and marketing images and then ... I might have a bit more time free until I start the next project ... which I'm thinking needs to be for Dusk.

Here is my Sheltie. I started her what feels like an eternity ago, and finally finished it tonight.

She's full Shetland, with half a Mustang tossed in ... which made her a mini sheltie.
In addition, she's got a thickened neck and legs, and a bit of a belly, as well as enlarged hoofs.
I thought I still had a touch of Draft in her too, but I apparently lost it when I reverted the file at one point.

But then, the Draft also made her larger than I wanted.

Sheltie.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
A great render Satira, and I agree with Seliah, that's a great combo of morphs. :)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Beautiful Satira!!! Great job on the morphs! Love to see someone showing that off so well, as that is such a neat feature of Harry. Yes one could do that with the old MH and even the DH2 but most their breed morphs were pretty clunky/not very atrractive or accurate. The old MH draft was one of the better ones, but Harry's are so much nicer:)

And Lyne! What a darling piece!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thank you so much Seliah, Miss B, Lyne, RAMWolff, and Laurie!

Harry has the most fantastic breeds for sure, and the individual shape morphs help individualize Harry even further.

HiveWire did a fabulous job on Harry and his breeds!

I so want to be able to do a furry pony. I keep looking at Blender particle hair but don't know if it will import into poser. All these Shetland renders just call out for the long hair that the breed has.

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
I so want to be able to do a furry pony. I keep looking at Blender particle hair but don't know if it will import into poser. All these Shetland renders just call out for the long hair that the breed has.

If you're already in Poser, try Poser hair. It's buggy, and you have to set up a different hair group for each body part, but it does have potential. This is a quick test I did last night after I read your post. I've been wanting to try it for a long time, so gave it a go. It's not perfect, but it's a start, even if it's not a Shetland. I don't have that one yet...

"Hairy"
hairy.png

I did try the hair room but there are so many material zones to select I gave up as I was doing a full horse render. I think maybe I will try it with more of a closeup. That seems like it might be more manageable. That looks like a good start VortigensBane. :) I especially like how the ears are looking.

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Again ... lovely renders. So much to read, so little time :( I need to spend the weekend on promos and marketing images and then ... I might have a bit more time free until I start the next project ... which I'm thinking needs to be for Dusk.

Here is my Sheltie. I started her what feels like an eternity ago, and finally finished it tonight.

She's full Shetland, with half a Mustang tossed in ... which made her a mini sheltie.
In addition, she's got a thickened neck and legs, and a bit of a belly, as well as enlarged hoofs.
I thought I still had a touch of Draft in her too, but I apparently lost it when I reverted the file at one point.

But then, the Draft also made her larger than I wanted.

View attachment 5065
beautiful!