• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

CWRW Product Previews

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I have only ONE question - WHY can't we PET them?????? I don't care for the coyotes, but foxes and bears are so damn cute! I saw on YouTube that some people have foxes as domestic pets. How do they do that?
Most of them are specifically domestically raised. They breed for the calmest, friendliest, etc. As you notice most of those are not strictly "fox colored". That is because scientist in Russia found that the more "domestic" the breed became the more "dog colored" they became, ie strange markings, stripes and patches, etc. It's interesting. I wonder if that happened with horses or cows in the beginning?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
:applause::bounce::happydance::happyflip::happydance::wow::thankyou2::wub:

YAY! Fluffy foals!
I've been wanting to do woolly Shetlands but while I can render with LAMH, it crashes my system as soon as I try and make some fur. I bet the Draft would look awesome with some face hair too :D

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I told Alisa what was happening and she said I could include the scene files.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
I wonder if it's possible to include the curly moustache that some drafts, vañners and heavy crosses have?

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
The LAMH fur/hair looks great on the foal. In all my attempts, I always ran into trouble with the fur looking checkered, which had to be worked around by strategically placing the camera. (See test below...) Because it takes me literally an entire day to export the presets to fiberhair in order to do a test render, I never got a "finished" version I was happy with. I will happily just wait for Laurie's... :)

hivewire shetland test.jpg

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The LAMH fur/hair looks great on the foal. In all my attempts, I always ran into trouble with the fur looking checkered, which had to be worked around by strategically placing the camera. (See test below...) Because it takes me literally an entire day to export the presets to fiberhair in order to do a test render, I never got a "finished" version I was happy with. I will happily just wait for Laurie's... :)

View attachment 44404

Actually he looks like he's wearing his winter coat and was laying/leaning against something that patterned his coat.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Hey VB- did you make the preset on the base horse? Often when an LAMH preset is used on a smaller morph ( I am assuming this is the Shetland?) it causes some weird things like that, especially if you did any clumping etc. That is one reason I made a preset just for the puppy as I really didn't like the way my Big Dog presets looked on the Puppy.