• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
This is Dawn with my unique "Body Type-3" (voluptuous) and a little "Narrow Shoulders" adjustment. Belt and boots by me. Rendered in Poser with Superfly. This was a great example where Dawn's dial to straighten the fingers came really handy. :)

HotSummer3_1024.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
This was a great example where Dawn's dial to straighten the fingers came really handy.
Dawn has a single dial to straighten her fingers???? Geeze, how did I ever miss that????

OMG, there's a Left Hand Straighten, and a Right Hand Straighten. I guess I don't add the BodyShapes INJ often enough to have ever noticed. ~Sheesh~

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Dawn has a single dial to straighten her fingers???? Geeze, how did I ever miss that????
OMG, there's a Left Hand Straighten, and a Right Hand Straighten. I guess I don't add the BodyShapes INJ often enough to have ever noticed. ~Sheesh~

V4 never had this, and it was a pain to straighten her hands when needed. That was one of the first things I liked about Dawn. After all, if we didn't have this dial, we're talking about 15 joints to adjust on each hand! ^^

Nice render Ken! I really like those boots...

Thank you! Those are UGG Cardy Boots I made for a commission. I have scanned the actual boots to get the correct wool grain, soles and buttons, so they came out pretty realistic. Can't remember for what figure it was, but later I converted them for Dawn to use in my gallery. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
V4 never had this, and it was a pain to straighten her hands when needed. That was one of the first things I liked about Dawn. After all, if we didn't have this dial, we're talking about 15 joints to adjust on each hand! ^^
EXACTLY!!! I always hate having to tweak finger poses, and I always start by resetting all the finger joints to 0/0/0. What a PITA that is. ~Sheesh~ I'll just have to add the BodyShapes more often now. ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Unfortunately, the Zero Poses just put Dawn, Dusk, Luna, et al. into the default pose. You can do that with Zero Figure in the Figure menu in Poser.

What Ken and I were talking about is straightening the fingers out completely straight. In the Zero Figure pose, they are slightly curved, as they would be if you held out your arm with your hand and fingers in a relaxed position.