• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
@Miss B Thanks, I have that one, but I feel like I have been overusing it. ;p

I know there used to be a set of 3D backdrops from DAZ that in included the Savanna plains. Old stuff, but I think it might be in the style you are looking for. I think they were called cycloramas or something.
Yes, it's called Serengeti for the Multiplane Cyclorama, but it's not good for what I want. I'm looking for the HDRi because I want to render in SuperFly, and use the HDRi for the lighting.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Miss B I personally think you can easily use other HDRI to light your scene, since it's just skylight, and use the Cyclorama to provide the backdrop. I often do that, and people can't tell the difference. ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
We can't use purely HDRI when SF doesn't support shadow caster anyway. If you use Cyclorama, people can't see the sky dome, so you can use any map you like. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Actually, Snarly added a shadow catcher to EZDome, which is what I use for SuperFly renders. Just plain SF renders don't do shadow catching, so folks on the SM Poser forum asked him if it was possible to add it to his script, and he did.

I haven't played with it much, but it does work.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
It has only worked once for me, and then never more. I don't know why. I just get a colored plane that shows in renders.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhh, I'll have to play with it again and see what I get. I think Snarly included a tutorial for EZDome, though I'm not sure if it covers the shadow catcher or not.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have tried reinstalling EZDome and what-not, but I can't get it to work with SF. It's based on native Cycles root, so it's still beyond me at the moment. What it does is shader node based.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, SuperFly, as well as Cycles in Blender, are still stumbling blocks for me. Sometimes I get it, and sometimes I don't, especially in Poser's Material Room, as well as Blender's Node Editor.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have no problem with Physical Surface, which is a kind of all-purpose super Cycles node, but the native Cycles nodes are still out of my game. That's what EZDome's shadow catcher uses, so I don't know why it doesn't work in my renders.

Me195

Extraordinary
Wow, nice materials there! She looks like she could have a break (or two). :D

Haha thanks! I have to find a beach HDRI. :)

Thank you. Definitely.

You're welcome. Here's a small one HDRI: Secluded Beach | HDRI Haven There are a couple of them on this site, but I think they are at sunset or sunrise. These HDRI's are free and public domain. Alternatively there's always 3d beaches 3D Scenery: Paralia Beach 3D Models ShaaraMuse3D and Waves on the Beach - Poser - A Nerd3D 3D Creation:)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Does anyone know if Hunter's new Steam-punk outfit for Dawn will work in Poser 2014? It doesn't matter about materials, as they can be assigned from my vast library of Mt5's... but it's the Dynamic stuff... is the Dynamic engine different in Poser 11 from 2014?

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
The items should work, though we've not tried it in PP2014. However, all files are set internally to Poser 11, so you'll get an error message unless you open the Poser files in a text editor. Search for "Number 11" and change it to "Number 10".

I just added this to the product page - thanks for the reminder:
"Materials use either Physical Surface or Cycles Surface, which will require Poser 11+ to work and look right".

eta - I can open them up in PP2014 and make sure they sim, but don't have time to do so til Thursday - let me know if you'd like me to do so :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Like Van Halen used to say, JUMP! LOL This is the final stage of my upcoming Body Type-4 for Dawn. Finished the general rigging and JCMs, so she poses better now. It's getting there! Rendered in Poser with Superfly.

Jump_1024.jpg

Me195

Extraordinary
Like Van Halen used to say, JUMP! LOL This is the final stage of my upcoming Body Type-4 for Dawn. Finished the general rigging and JCMs, so she poses better now. It's getting there! Rendered in Poser with Superfly.

View attachment 39145

The render looks fantastic as does the body type morph. I also really like the material used for the skin. It's very beach goer. I hope for her sake that those are not sand spurs next to your stealth logo.