• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Dog Is Underway

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I am wondering (sorry for my effusion earlier) if there will be sufficient morphability that we can create our own mongrels... although I suppose if we have enough breed packs, we can do that in a more traditional way.... Terriers are definitely an exciting idea, but curly fur sounds like a texture/modeling nightmare.

We'll have some shaping morphs in the HiveWire Big Dog base product, but not additional breeds right off. Breeds will be treated as separate products that will require the HiveWire Big Dog base, much like how we treat our HiveWire Horse and additive breeds.

Your thoughts about the curly fur will have to be treated with a strand based fur system for a final result. I can only create so much of a full fur look with this base geometry.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I am wondering (sorry for my effusion earlier) if there will be sufficient morphability that we can create our own mongrels... although I suppose if we have enough breed packs, we can do that in a more traditional way.... Terriers are definitely an exciting idea, but curly fur sounds like a texture/modeling nightmare.

A few shaping morphs like this will be helpful for other looks.

LabWork216.JPG

Ears Up.

LabWork217.JPG

Fuller Tail.

LabWork218.JPG

Thin Tail.

We also have some muzzle shaping morphs, eye width, nose, neck and body shaping, etc. These things will help for a mongrel creation.

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
Ewwww. Then I'd be able to make a mangy, mongrel-y, cur covered in ticks and fleas. Hmmm. How would I pass that off as art, I wonder? ;) Maybe if I used that woebegone, sorrowful expression to go with it? Or perhaps the snarly, growly expressions, and pass it off as one of the hounds of war, complete with skeletal soldiers and fields of corpses?

Love the different expression morphs, and little things like being able to make the tail thin; that will help for realism when we try to add fur...

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Glad my snarl worked for you, Chris! ;-)

Still working on the black lab texture, hopefully I'll have it ready to go along with the other two. :)

<snip>

I went shopping for a dog yesterday. Well ... not shopping with the intention to adopt a dog! But researching to see which of the many dog breeds that appeal to me would be feasible for my lifestyle.!

<snip>

Have you looked into xoloitzcuintli (show-low-eetz-queent-lee), xolo for short? They are awesome apartment dogs and they come in a number of different sizes (standard/miniature/toy) as well as hairless/coated variants. They are also very easy to train, because they are extremely intelligent and friendly. They are also among the most ancient dog breeds still in existence, and were considered to be sacred by the Aztecs.

Last edited:

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Looking great, Chris -

Can't wait to see your textures, Sparky!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
@Chris Ooooo, this is true....gotta have the most perfect doggy! :snoopydance:

POINTY FRONT TEETH!

Last edited:

eclark1894

Visionary
Glad my snarl worked for you, Chris! ;-)

Still working on the black lab texture, hopefully I'll have it ready to go along with the other two. :)

Have you looked into xoloitzcuintli (show-low-eetz-queent-lee), xolo for short? They are awesome apartment dogs and they come in a number of different sizes (standard/miniature/toy) as well as hairless/coated variants. They are also very easy to train, because they are extremely intelligent and friendly. They are also among the most ancient dog breeds still in existence, and were considered to be sacred by the Aztecs.

One on the end there reminds me of the crazy Hyena from the Lion King.:sneaky:

Hyenas-hyenas-from-lion-king-27969421-900-691.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I think those are a representation of the Lion King Hyenas. I think the crazy one in the movie was the one on the left. Are you talking about the one on the right?