• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Dog Is Underway

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Here's the Yawn with a new EyesClosed morph. Also a Howl I've been working on.

Onto growl next.

LabWork205.JPG

LabWork201.JPG

LabWork202.JPG

LabWork206.JPG

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
This going to be one fantastic dog Chris, but then I've come to expect nothing less. ;)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Simply loving to see all these various morphs for the eagerly awaited HW dog :) Do you have a name for him yet ? If I may be as bold to ask..are you planning on releasing each breed individually..or in a morph pack. ? I'm guessing each breed will be an individual release..along with the relevant texture pack for the particular breed ?

Sorry I missed this earlier. The HiveWire Big Dog will be much like the release of the HiveWire Big Cat. The product will release as the Labrador base with a couple of map colors. We're creating a bunch of shaping morphs that will be helpful for some variations off of the Labrador. But the breeds I've been modeling will be separate releases, much like the Horse and the additional big cat breeds to come.

With the small team we have it would take a very long time for the HiveWire Big Dog to be released, if we were to have a bunch of breeds included. This way we can focus on one solid rig and JCMs, and a couple of maps to start. We hope folks understand this and will still be excited to pick up the base product, knowing there is more to come.

We plan to create the wolf, additionally shown breeds, wild dogs, Hyenas, and many more breeds to come. I need to finish out the German Shepherd, the Whippet, the Corgi, and would love to create a Bulldog, a Pitbull, and many more breeds. All of these will be based off our Big Dog. We will not be doing a Small Dog base, but rather the Dachshund and Chihuahua will all come from our Big Dog base. Would love to see other artists create breeds too. Don't need to wait for HiveWire to do this.