• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Flower Texture Expansion Sets for Lisa's Botanicals

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Thanks Miss B!

Leaf Options Purples sort of going for a Pin stripe that is caused by the tulip plant virus.

No bumps, specs or displacement on any of the images.
leaf Options.png

leaf OptionsRedYellow.jpg

feathered version
leaf OptionsRedYellow5.jpg

Might have this set for a later date at some point rather on the Gothic side.
Passion 2.png

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Poser light tests.
FK Mild Boreal AO
fk mild boreal.png

FK Warm and Soul Very Neutral
fk very neutral.png

FK Mild Boreal NoAO
MB NoAo.png

Poser Default Settings
Poser default settings.png

Poser Studio Lights Soft Top
studio soft top.png

My Light Rig and Poser Unimesh - I may offer this as a freebie in my product thread once they are in the store.

HippityHopiu.png

My Light Rig.png

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
These will be in the Sweet Deals section for Halloween hopefully. I also have a tulip set for those Dark and Gothic styles. 3 textures 1 leaf/stem option.

I'm sort of working with the specular setting to kind of get a glowing effect, but not sure if it will work in Poser and I probably will lighten up the leaves.
HW Wip 1.png

HW Wip 2.png

HW Wip 3.png

HW Wip 5.png

Last edited:

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
I totally love that orange and black texture!!!!Hope its ready before Halloween. The flower shapes themselves remind me of beautiful stylized flowers from tapestries.
Which engine are you rendering in?

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
To make things "glow" in poser, you might try using ambient.
Ah!! Thanks for the tip ! I will absolutely give that a try!! Do you also think the ToonID might help as well to give it rather a shine when rendering?

Iray has the emissive setting, but I haven't gotten to the Iray version yet.

Last edited:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I totally love that orange and black texture!!!!Hope its ready before Halloween. The flower shapes themselves remind me of beautiful stylized flowers from tapestries.
Which engine are you rendering in?

This particular one is Daz 3DL. I haven't had a chance to set the Iray version yet and work with the Poser ones.

Cool and thanks on that!! I thought it was kind of interesting my mom has some petunias that are kind of similar except they are black/dark purple and white.
I will see what I can do about it, but probably Octoberish. I also have a tulip set that should be out around that time also. I will have to post some renders of them when I get a chance.

Rae just got finished testing my TB horse morphs and I've been cleaning up a few corrections and re-saving translations almost done, and also beta testing Bees Knees for Pommerlis and Primitive and Caveman for Rae for Dusk's Loincloth and Tribal Ornaments. You guys are going to love both of these sets!

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Ah!! Thanks for the tip ! I will absolutely give that a try!! Do you also think the ToonID might help as well to give it rather a shine when rendering?

Iray has the emissive setting, but I haven't gotten to the Iray version yet.

I don't know anything about Toon rendering or settings, so I can't help you with that.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I will most likely get the Halloween Bell Flowers done first and then this set, but will have to see.

These I have split up so that there will be 3 textures and 1 leaf texture 1 stamen texture for the sweet deals section. They can also be mixed and matched. I'm still laying down the rest of the Iray mats and sorting out the leaves for each of the sets. I just have the Daz set done so far, but will also include the Poser versions.

3DL and Iray Grouping Called Passion Storm
Passion Storm copy.jpg
Iray Passion Storm copy.jpg

Grouping Called Dark Embrace
3dl Dark Embrace copy.jpg

Grouping Called Eclipsing Twilight a little dark and Gothic!

Eclipsing Twilight23 copy.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
That dark embrace- drop dead gorgeous. And the leaves in these are also wonderful. So many 3 d flowers forget about the leaves !

Thanks! I'm still hashing on the leaves! There will probably be a dark and light set and then something in between, but I will probably switch out the texture maps. I like the effect when it's mixed with the black in the eclipsing twilight set.

I have the Bell flower set almost ready for testing for both Daz and Poser. I just need to do the readme!

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
I especially like that you've given the leaves a feel of that kind of dusty blue overlaying the green, that my tulip leaves have. Really fantastic work.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Thanks!!

I really had to research that and then try to recreate it. Lots of ref images from all angles!!

These are the Daz version so hoping the Poser one wont be too much of a pain to get them to look that way. I think I used the skin lighting model on them. I will have to play more with that in the future.