Flower Texture Expansion Sets for Lisa's Botanicals

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by NapalmArsenal, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

OK, I guess I didn't get my thoughts across properly, but I agree they should have some bump, just not all the bump in some of those renders. I just think the green leaves can use more bump than the petals. No bump at all on the petals, and they'll look flat, so they do need some.

Pendraia likes this.
  2. NapalmArsenal

NapalmArsenal Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

hmm........ ok, but I rather thought the leaves had too much bump as they are really more smooth.

3. Sunfire

Sunfire One Busy Little Bee QAV-BEE Contributing Artist

The lower bump settings on the leaves makes them look painted.

NapalmArsenal likes this.
  4. NapalmArsenal

Iray!

The Daz Set will be ready for testing soon. I just need to do the transmaps and leaf options. Propably 1 or 2 on the transmaps. I would do more, but Poser is rather old fashioned about doing those without scripting. So, it will have to be save flower portion with selected mats and transmaps or each color variation. Ugg! In Daz, it's apply materials and one click the transmap.
    No transmaps on these yet.

I may need to tone down the bright purple one.
    Purple Iray.png

Red Iray.png Pink Iray.png
    Now if you wanted your render to have a Valentine's Day message you can say it with flowers.
    MygirlPerfectcutestuff.png
    MyGirl, Perfect, Cute Stuff
    RockStar Be my Angel.png
    RockStar, Be My Angel

TrueLoveSoulMate.png
    True Love, Soul Mate

Redhot XOXO.png
    Red Hot, XOXO
    You're Nice SweetHeart.png
    You're Nice, Sweet Heart

5. phdubrov

phdubrov Noteworthy Contributing Artist

Like it! Some may be a bit overbrigh, but may be simply overexposed to my taste.

6. Miss B

I have to agree. For the most part NA, these look great. :)

7. NapalmArsenal

Few more tweaks and should be ready for testing on the Daz Set then to the Poser set. I may only offer two transmaps because there is no easy way of doing it in Poser so I have to save out all the materials for each color instead of just applying the transmap. Thanks Miss B.

Thanks Phdrubrov!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  8. NapalmArsenal

Leaves and Stem Options. The interesting thing about this model is that there are several different variations and some only have the inner leaves present. So, how do you guys feel about the one on the end? I can do it solid or I can change the light outer leaves for the dark green inner ones.
    Leaves.png

Rae134 likes this.
  9. NapalmArsenal

10. NapalmArsenal

Ok, Daz set is ready for Beta testing if anyone is interested. Two transmap options.
    Tulip variety.png

Doodle Designs likes this.
  11. NapalmArsenal

Ok, guys here's the thing. I have the Poser set nearly completed, but the way Poser is set up you have to have a complete materials set for each of the different transmaps. In Daz, you can just apply the materials and then just save out the transmap and click apply it once the materials are loaded. So it limits the number of transmaps I can do in poser as I'm sure you don't want a textures folder with say 1000 plus texture maps.
    I can possibly offer the Daz transmap material setting as a freebie, and that would give you some variety options.

12. NapalmArsenal

Hey Guys if you haven't checked the Newsletter Lisa's Botanicals are all on sale for $4.95 with reward points that's a steal and even better savings with the stack discounts.

I will let you know there are some plans for the fairy flower, fairy flower II, Signs of Spring (Daffodils and Crocus), and another set of tulip texture pastels for Easter.
    FFDark.png
    FF3.png

13. Miss B

Those are looking lovely NA.

14. Sunfire

Sunfire One Busy Little Bee QAV-BEE Contributing Artist

lovely very lovely. Looking forward to them.

15. Lyne

Lyne Dances with Bees HW Honey Bear

I ESPECIALLY LOVE THE SECOND ONE!!! wow!!

16. NapalmArsenal

Thanks guys! These will probably be my next project, but got a few things to finish up first.

17. NapalmArsenal

Easter Set with Yellows. I hope @phdubrov post some of the images I have seen with his Shaders they are awesome looking! Looking at the leaves currently, but getting there so you guys will have some more options with them.
    Easter yellow3.jpg Easter .jpg

18. phdubrov

phdubrov Noteworthy Contributing Artist

Here the scetches from recent set. Superfly. Not default shaders.
    tulips.png
    TrueLove.png

Rae134, Pendraia and NapalmArsenal like this.
  19. NapalmArsenal

Gorgeous!!

Thanks for posting these!! =) Easter set is coming along!

20. NapalmArsenal

Ok few wips of the Easter set and a very very rough image of the daffodil. I have some that are pretty realistic on the tulips, but will have to wait until I get a better processor to post.
    800.jpg
    easter 3 copy.jpg
    Very rough on this still have not changed out the leaves, but trying to set the transmaps for the trumpet. Juanitas
    Daffodil.png