• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Flower Texture Expansion Sets for Lisa's Botanicals

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm going to disagree with Miss B and say reduce the bump on the petals. Petals aren't smooth so you need some bump just less than what you have.
OK, I guess I didn't get my thoughts across properly, but I agree they should have some bump, just not all the bump in some of those renders. I just think the green leaves can use more bump than the petals. No bump at all on the petals, and they'll look flat, so they do need some.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
hmm........ ok, but I rather thought the leaves had too much bump as they are really more smooth.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Iray!

The Daz Set will be ready for testing soon. I just need to do the transmaps and leaf options. Propably 1 or 2 on the transmaps. I would do more, but Poser is rather old fashioned about doing those without scripting. So, it will have to be save flower portion with selected mats and transmaps or each color variation. Ugg! In Daz, it's apply materials and one click the transmap.
No transmaps on these yet.

I may need to tone down the bright purple one.
Purple Iray.png

Red Iray.png
Pink Iray.png

Now if you wanted your render to have a Valentine's Day message you can say it with flowers.
MygirlPerfectcutestuff.png

MyGirl, Perfect, Cute Stuff
RockStar Be my Angel.png

RockStar, Be My Angel

TrueLoveSoulMate.png

True Love, Soul Mate

Redhot XOXO.png

Red Hot, XOXO
You're Nice SweetHeart.png

You're Nice, Sweet Heart

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Few more tweaks and should be ready for testing on the Daz Set then to the Poser set. I may only offer two transmaps because there is no easy way of doing it in Poser so I have to save out all the materials for each color instead of just applying the transmap. Thanks Miss B.

Thanks Phdrubrov!

Last edited:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Leaves and Stem Options. The interesting thing about this model is that there are several different variations and some only have the inner leaves present. So, how do you guys feel about the one on the end? I can do it solid or I can change the light outer leaves for the dark green inner ones.
Leaves.png

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Ok, guys here's the thing. I have the Poser set nearly completed, but the way Poser is set up you have to have a complete materials set for each of the different transmaps. In Daz, you can just apply the materials and then just save out the transmap and click apply it once the materials are loaded. So it limits the number of transmaps I can do in poser as I'm sure you don't want a textures folder with say 1000 plus texture maps.
I can possibly offer the Daz transmap material setting as a freebie, and that would give you some variety options.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Hey Guys if you haven't checked the Newsletter Lisa's Botanicals are all on sale for $4.95 with reward points that's a steal and even better savings with the stack discounts.

I will let you know there are some plans for the fairy flower, fairy flower II, Signs of Spring (Daffodils and Crocus), and another set of tulip texture pastels for Easter.
FFDark.png

FF3.png

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Hey Guys if you haven't checked the Newsletter Lisa's Botanicals are all on sale for $4.95 with reward points that's a steal and even better savings with the stack discounts.

I will let you know there are some plans for the fairy flower, fairy flower II, Signs of Spring (Daffodils and Crocus), and another set of tulip texture pastels for Easter.
View attachment 22565
View attachment 22567

I ESPECIALLY LOVE THE SECOND ONE!!! wow!!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Ok few wips of the Easter set and a very very rough image of the daffodil. I have some that are pretty realistic on the tulips, but will have to wait until I get a better processor to post.
800.jpg

easter 3 copy.jpg

Very rough on this still have not changed out the leaves, but trying to set the transmaps for the trumpet. Juanitas
Daffodil.png