• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Flower Texture Expansion Sets for Lisa's Botanicals

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Anyone have Lisa's Botanicals Signs of Spring? I need a beta tester for the Poser Daffodils set pretty soon.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh, now that's an oldie but goodie. I have that set, though not sure I have it installed. You're just doing new textures for the daffodils, or are you texturing the crocus too?

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Oh, now that's an oldie but goodie. I have that set, though not sure I have it installed. You're just doing new textures for the daffodils, or are you texturing the crocus too?
I will do the Crocus too as a different set. There will also be an expansion set for these that will give you different shapes and also a Narcissus variant. I discussed with Laurie about doing the expansion and it was a better option than saving out some 300 +mat files for Poser where as Daz only has 10 files. I don't have that completed as of yet, but it's in the works. I have to get together the PDF for the transmap expansion. I still have the superfly files to do for Poser, and to run the the thumbs but hoping to get that done today.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I have it. It's one of my favorite set of flowers for Poser.
Cool would you mind testing them for me in Poser? I will send you a PM with the files one I get them completed. I have everything pretty much set up mat wise I just need to do the Thumbnails before I send them.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Ok, very very rough on these but these are the Crocus textures not sure if I will be including all or part and still need some work on the leaves/stamens.

Daz Studio 3DL
Untitled-3 copy.jpg

Crocusset 2.jpg
Crocusset 1.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Thanks guys! I'm still making some decisions on colors etc. The model is a little tricky on the stem portion so not quite sure what to do about it. The flowers actually go all the way down, but it sort of breaks there on the model ......... so pondering what to do about it.

BTW did you guys know that the spice Saffron comes from the stamens of the crocus plant.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Purrrty. I just used the Crocus recently, so looking forward to these, assuming you're planning to do them for Poser as well. ;)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Purrrty. I just used the Crocus recently, so looking forward to these, assuming you're planning to do them for Poser as well. ;)
Yes they will be done for Poser also. It's just easier for me to set them down in Daz first and then switch over.

Szark

Awesome
why MDL over the DS Iray shader. I know MDL is better given how they implemented the Iray Uber Shader but I am curious.