• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: DAZ terminates agreement to publish HiveWire 3D animals!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Birds are aggressive. All of them. And they can do a lot of damage for their size, whatever that size is.

Good-looking though. And can be fun to watch. From a distance.

ETA: An acquaintance of mine grew up in Pacific Palisades. Where the seagulls would routinely mug the High School students for their lunches. None of those kids had any doubt about what happened to the dinosaurs.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't know Myth, I think this one would give you a nasty nip! :p

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I'm told that an emu farm somewhere on the east coast went bankrupt and the property was foreclosed. The bank didn't want the stock, the former owners couldn't find a place to move them, so now one can come across emus strolling along the road in the vicinity.

Not sure it isn't an urban legend, though. Or maybe suburban.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
My sons' grade school was across the street from a peacock farm. Don't know why but often we would drive down the road to get to the school and it was overrun with peacocks!

Apparently, kiwi wouldn't taste anything like chicken.

Charles Douglas (19th century surveyor, explorer, naturalist) ate a pair of kiwi once. Apparently, roast or boiled kiwi tastes like a piece of pork boiled in an old coffin. Though ... one wonders what that would taste like ... or not.

Kiwi meat: What it tastes like
Prime Minister eats kiwi, just to make sure we’re not missing out on anything
Early impacts

I would think wild/feral chicken would taste quite a bit different from grain fed/cage raised chicken. "Free range" chicken might also taste more like wild chicken ... depending on the amount of grain vs bugs/worms they eat.

Apparently, commercially raised chicken tastes rather like tofu. That is ... flavorless. I don't eat a lot of chicken (or any meat), and what chicken I do eat, while raised on Amish farms are also fed GMO free/antibiotic free grain. While not raised in cages, they also aren't free range, because they are raised in buildings. So like ... how is that even natural? Honestly, without skin, flour, herbs, and spices ... chicken really doesn't taste like much, does it? Unless you're eating mature home grown chicken.

Which is probably why I don't really find much taste difference between a slow cooked stew with chicken, potatoes, and carrots and when I skip the chicken.

My hubby and I are raising chickens. Bought an Eglu chicken run (Beautifully Designed Pet Housing) and then went to our local Tractor Supply farmers market and got three chickens. They are pretty but.... All they do is eat and poop. I am hoping they are all girls and shortly we will get some eggs, but soon I can tell you if the free range helps on taste.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh! They have cat runs too! Those would work on my balcony.

My hubby and I are raising chickens. Bought an Eglu chicken run (Beautifully Designed Pet Housing) and then went to our local Tractor Supply farmers market and got three chickens. They are pretty but.... All they do is eat and poop. I am hoping they are all girls and shortly we will get some eggs, but soon I can tell you if the free range helps on taste.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
oh gawd.... you're Australian :laugh:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

"And yes, this thread will have it's share of anti-Daz sentiment, that is only natural in this case, but I don't see any anti- Daz Studio anywhere. There is a big difference, as I'm sure you know."

Sorry but that difference to myself is rather blurred, it's a bit like if I said 'I have no issue with Poser, I have no use for it myself. But I sure hope Smith Micro goes broke this year'. Would that offend Poser users do you think? Is that an attack on Poser or just my opinion of Smith Micro as a company separate from software bias? Attacking Daz 3D is by extension attacking the Daz Studio platform. Or are you inferring that people are actually saying they hate the current management team at Daz 3D, or is it the QA department or do they hate the Marketing team? The software engineers? The CEO, BDO or the CFO? Or the hordes of content developers, artwork contractors or plugin developers working as part of the Daz 3D team? The Genesis figure series or the integrated Iray PBR engine? All of these things including Daz Studio are aspects of Daz 3D.

I'm sorry but I do not see them as two totally different things, Daz 3D is currently Daz Studio in more ways than not.
I totally get this...but I've seen plenty of threads here recently where both software companies have been discussed. There's a thread regarding Poser being on borrowed time around here somewhere. As primarily a DS user I would hate to see them go broke and there be no more DS. I'm not happy with where they're going with smart content and some of the measures they've implemented recently with categories but that is a whole other story. I am happy with some of the content creation tools they've added which is the only reason I've installed DS4.9. still haven't installed the latest version though.

Um are you claiming I made a fake name? Because I assure you it is not. PoisenedLily | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D and PoisenedLily's Store on Renderosity
Can I just say as someone who has bought your content and some of Design Anvil's that I love items that you both make and wish I could afford to buy more! You may not have seen this as it was posted here and on face book but here's Dawn wearing one of your outfits!
Stroll in London townsml.jpg

Plain rhubarb pie is rather sour, isn't it?
Rhubarb is best when mixed with apple...my mum used to do a yummy rhubarb and apple crumble.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
My balcony runs the length of the bedroom, living room, and part of the dining area.

All balconies are 6 ft 4 in deep. The single bedroom unit balconies are 21 ft 6 in long, while the 2+ unit balconies are 22 ft long. There is a 9 foot gap between my balcony and the next. Obviously, the bigger units have more of a gap between balconies.