• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: DAZ terminates agreement to publish HiveWire 3D animals!

Hornet3d

Wise
Well my background has nothing to do with graphics what so ever. Spend the first half of my career in telecommunications in the UK and when the company was privatised I moved to one of the equipment suppliers. Quite a shock for someone who had only twice been out of the UK on holiday as, in the next five years I visited France, Holland, Iceland, Norway, Denmark and Canada doing field trial support. All of these were two to four week visits and then I settled in Sweden for two and a half years. On my return I moved into technical training teaching signalling systems, mobile phones and towards the end Intelligent Networks. My knowledge of Intelligent Networks and changes within the company was the reason for my move some six years later and I joined another company first as tech support and then back into training. This time my travelling took me further afield to Australia and New Zealand. Being made redundant when the company was taken over gave me the opportunity to adjust the work life balance and in the next few years I worked in a computer repair shop, motor parts shop, digital camera shop, trade paint sales outlet . The finally retired, only to come out of retirement for another two years to work in a mobile phones shop and then retired again. At least I thought I had but when a friend of mine opened a computer repair shop I helped out for the first year to help get him started. I have now been retired for two years although anyone who knows computers will know there is always someone who wants you to help with a problem.

So my graphics training, nothing, ziltch and I was rubbish at art at school. Been playing with DS or Poser for close to 17 years and it has been all trial and error, though with the staggering amount of errors I have made I should have learnt something. Still not good at the art game but having fun and enjoying retirement......on the whole.

James R.

Busy Bee
Well my background has nothing to do with graphics what so ever. Spend the first half of my career in telecommunications in the UK and when the company was privatised I moved to one of the equipment suppliers. Quite a shock for someone who had only twice been out of the UK on holiday as, in the next five years I visited France, Holland, Iceland, Norway, Denmark and Canada doing field trial support. All of these were two to four week visits and then I settled in Sweden for two and a half years. On my return I moved into technical training teaching signalling systems, mobile phones and towards the end Intelligent Networks. My knowledge of Intelligent Networks and changes within the company was the reason for my move some six years later and I joined another company first as tech support and then back into training. This time my travelling took me further afield to Australia and New Zealand. Being made redundant when the company was taken over gave me the opportunity to adjust the work life balance and in the next few years I worked in a computer repair shop, motor parts shop, digital camera shop, trade paint sales outlet . The finally retired, only to come out of retirement for another two years to work in a mobile phones shop and then retired again. At least I thought I had but when a friend of mine opened a computer repair shop I helped out for the first year to help get him started. I have now been retired for two years although anyone who knows computers will know there is always someone who wants you to help with a problem.

So my graphics training, nothing, ziltch and I was rubbish at art at school. Been playing with DS or Poser for close to 17 years and it has been all trial and error, though with the staggering amount of errors I have made I should have learnt something. Still not good at the art game but having fun and enjoying retirement......on the whole.

Something I find fascinating Hornet is the number of engineers and technicians such as yourself who've gotten into 3D graphics (judging by the participants in various forums). :)

Daio

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
We've always had chickens and they always been free range (I.e. They range freely about my parent's farm during the day and get locked in the coop at night to protect them from predators). And there is nothing like fresh eggs from free range chickens. We also have turkeys and turkey eggs make delicious omelets. Pictures are from a couple of years ago. But we still have this type of chicken and the Burbon Red Turkeys.
turkeys.jpg
FancyChicken1.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Something I find fascinating Hornet is the number of engineers and technicians such as yourself who've gotten into 3D graphics (judging by the participants in various forums). :)

I think the complexity might be some of the attraction. The last thing I wanted to do when I came home from repair computers all day was play with my own computer, I just wanted to to work but there is a desire to be stretched on occasions. Playing with material and lights can be quite absorbing, at least it is for me, and the interaction between the two is fascinating. I guess having spent so much time building a repairing the machines it is nice to see what they can do.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
:yeahthat: Quite our Rae. A few years back I had the dubious honour of rescuing a Buff Orpington rooster from the top of a chain-link fence where it had taken refuge from two cats which were stalking it! Simple job! Reach up, lift BOR down, tuck under arm and remove to place of safety while cats were dealt with! Job done. Apart from my hands and forearms which looked like they'd been subjected to a short but very intense meteor swamp curtesy of said BORS beak. Oowie! :tantrum:

theschell

Brilliant
Never got attacked by a turkey or rooster thankfully... but speaking as a farm kid you gotta watch them cow tails, those damned things hurt when you get hit in the face with them!

Back when I was still working, at one point on the way in for my shift my partner and I stopped off to fill up the tank in the car. There was a flock of Canada Geese on the lawn at the gas station, and when we pulled out this one goose took exception to our car being there... darned thing charged the car and hit the door hard enough with its beak to leave a series of golf-ball sized dents in the door panels!

James R.

Busy Bee
Never got attacked by a turkey or rooster thankfully... but speaking as a farm kid you gotta watch them cow tails, those damned things hurt when you get hit in the face with them! Back when I was still working, at one point on the way in for my shift my partner and I stopped off to fill up the tank in the car. There was a flock of Canada Geese on the lawn at the gas station, and when we pulled out this one goose took exception to our car being there... darned thing charged the car door and hit hard enough with its beak to leave a golf-ball sized series of dents in the door panels!

They may be pretty, but Canada geese have nasty tempers when they're feeling territorial.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I think all Geese have nasty tempers! I know the big ones we had at the property we had my horse on did, better than watch dogs!

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
I had a goose try to have a go at me the other day walking to class from where I had parked. I hissed back and aimed a kick at it and it left off:p Didn't like getting its own medicine back