• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: DAZ terminates agreement to publish HiveWire 3D animals!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I just feel like saying (again) how much I love this community here, how safe I feel, and how much at home I am. I enjoy the people, their products and from that I feel I've been creating some of the best art of my entire life. I :balloon03: you HiveWire!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Uh Razor, NO, no one is BASHING the published artists at DAZ3D..... and unlike the mods over at DAZ that do NOT like debate or airing view points Hivewire allows it. We are human, we will always have points of view and I'm glad that the Hive is cool with us communicating our likes and dislikes. I have never once bashed a published artist there, I think most are great at what they do. They deserve their sales and respect but what was done in the name of unwritten policy and the clumsy and horribly mishandled dismissal of Hivewires published products is unforgivable. DAZ is the big daddy and should have handled this with more grace and decency not this email saying bye bye. I was written by Khory privately at the DAZ forums basically saying allot of what you wrote and my response to her was the same as I've written here. According to Chris NONE of what he was blamed for was in writing, it was a verbal policy ... verbal policies do not hold up in a court of law and I have no respect for a company that would be so nasty that they hold out their hand and want Hivewires animals in their store and then turn around from a few purported bits of info they didn't like to hear. So they then kicked Hivewire back out of the sandbox. Verbal policies, if they are "law" in DAZ land NEEDS to be in written form. Chris did not break any rules, we have gone over this in private. So who are you to come in here and state such things like "I'm disappointed" Uh, you should be looking at DAZ and their childish behavior about all this not Hivewire. And for the record I do spend money there and participate in the forums and use DAZ Studio daily so I'm not an ass kisser, I'm just telling you your point of view, while we appreciate it, is not fair and balanced all things considered. Have a nice evening.

AllenArt

Eager
I'm trying really hard not to get in it. I voiced my displeasure at Daz and here, but that's as far as I want to take it. I was stupid and took sides from the Poser side way back when and I'm not gonna do it again. Suffice it to say that I'm disappointed that people can't get past former differences and disappointed that the Hivewire animals won't be at Daz....I think it would have been beneficial to customers and both companies alike. I'm just glad I know where the animals will be when it comes time for me to buy them ;).

Laurie

Last edited:

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I'm betting an ostrich and raising an emu that @Razor42 's post doesn't get removed from here.... I do hope he posts the same on Daz3D forum. I'll keep an eye out for it.

and I have no idea who @Razor42 is... not even from his avatar.. ?????
any clues?????

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm only aware of one post that fits your statement. I removed that post and referred it to HiveWire management.

Some members here are even going as far as posting confidential information that breaks standing legal agreements, out of nothing but spite, in an obvious attempt to damage Daz 3D and the Daz 3D PA's.

If you, or anyone, encounter any posts you believe are sharing confidential agreement in violation of NDAs, please feel free to click Report so it can be reviewed. The Community Volunteers are a small group of people, and we may not catch everything. Some of us sleep.

The members at HiveWire are a diverse group of people, with experiences both positive and negative here and elsewhere. I'm glad we feel safe enough to post opinions that may not be appreciated by everyone ... knowing we won't be attacked.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't know. I wouldn't mind an emu. Not so sure about an ostrich! I saw one of those up close at one of those wild life safari type places you drive through in a car. I think it was in Winston, Oregon. But that was more than 25-30 years ago, so I could be wrong about where it was located.

Pardon me while I run to Google. Ah ha. I was right. It was the Wildlife Safari in Winston, Oregon. "Wildlife Safari is a safari park in Winston, Oregon, United States. It is home to hundreds of animals that wander freely over the 600-acre park, which guests can drive through."

What I do remember rather clearly was one ostrich was rather homicidal and had taken a dislike to a chicken in the village and gift shop area. The monstrous bird kept trying to stomp the poor chicken to death! Fortunately, the chicken kept evading that gigantic foot.

As a young child, I once had a sleepover with a friend whose parents owned a goose farm. For some reason, I was encouraged to feed the geese ... inside the geese pen. Not the best decision by adults! The birds mobbed me! Given I was so young ... and small, it was terrifying. Needless to say, I didn't stay.

Imagine if that had been a flock (herd?) of ostriches!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Glitter. Since I don't generally visit other forums or other stores, the name didn't ring any bells for me either.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
yep.. annoying that some people think I'm a mindreader!

I'm always wary of users with posts that begin with 'Many will know my avatar from elsewhere' and then think we all know who they are

Like a question mark.... ok

I'm sure Kim Jong Un has a ? for his avatar!

Hi @Razor42 ... DesignAnvil doesn't ring any bells either... lol..

@Satira Capriccio that post of yours gave me a chuckle....

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
Bigcat all decked out to move back home!
aaapretty-kitty-pale-web-jpeg-this-one.jpg

Stezza

Dances with Bees
it is big!

:wow:
great image
oh.. you have a ? for your avatar as well... should we know you as someone else from some other place as well.... :flower04:

sarcasm that was....

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I always think of an avatar as the icon rather than the forum name. Although ... Merriam Webster defines avatar as "an electronic image that represents and is manipulated by a computer user in a virtual space (as in a computer game or an online shopping site) and that interacts with other objects in the space." Shades of tall blue people!

I've gone by any number of names over the years, although I'm consistent within an "industry." So ... for anything art related, it's Satira Capriccio. MMORPGs ... it's Taeyn Kaidyrsi. Being she's my main character on MMORPGs. Unless it's a game I am not sure I'll put in much time or effort, in which case, it could be one of my other character names.

Oh ... pretty pretty DesertSilver.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Hivewire extends their hand over and over, DAZ chews it off and DAZ vendors come here to say we should all just shut up and keep extending our hands to be bitten off again.

Like Bill Clinton says........"that takes some real brass ones."

Razor is just pointing out another perspective on the situation one that comes from a knowledgeable position, please why can not that view be respected, are you saying that daz PA's aren't welcome here or perhaps it's just people with opposing views.
All this talk about this being a fair community prepared to allow all views and opinions and yet the minute someone posts a viewpoint different from the majority that post and poster is attacked.

I've stayed out of this thread I disliked the criticism of Daz PA's that I saw but knew there was little point in trying to say anything, but I really feel the need to defend Razor, I don't defend what Daz did but to be honest having read some of the posts in the previous thread I'm not surprised that daz felt insulted and that HW may allow Daz bashing at their forums while selling their products in the Daz store, and unfortunately I presume that they came to the conclusion that there may well be a conflict of interests too great to overcome.

I find it interesting that you quote Clinton wasn't he the American president that lied to the country because he had his own version of the truth, sorry if I'm wrong my knowledge of American politics isn't great.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Razor is just pointing out another perspective on the situation one that comes from a knowledgeable position, please why can not that view be respected, are you saying that daz PA's aren't welcome here or perhaps it's just people with opposing views.
All this talk about this being a fair community prepared to allow all views and opinions and yet the minute someone posts a viewpoint different from the majority that post and poster is attacked.

I've stayed out of this thread I disliked the criticism of Daz PA's that I saw but knew there was little point in trying to say anything, but I really feel the need to defend Razor, I don't defend what Daz did but to be honest having read some of the posts in the previous thread I'm not surprised that daz felt insulted and that HW may allow Daz bashing at their forums while selling their products in the Daz store, and unfortunately I presume that they came to the conclusion that there may well be a conflict of interests too great to overcome.

I find it interesting that you quote Clinton wasn't he the American president that lied to the country because he had his own version of the truth, sorry if I'm wrong my knowledge of American politics isn't great.

Don't put words in my mouth.

And, on that note, I have nothing further to discuss with you.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Well that's strange I seem to remember seeing a number of Daz 3D PA's coming under direct criticism in this thread, to the point they needed to register an account here to add comment and publicly refute what was being said about them.

I think people were just looking for a rational explanation where there apparently was none.

captainclone

Inspired
If it takes a shock tactic to get people noticing the bullying, then sorry. Only reason I'm not posting more stuff is that's not fair on the great team that runs this place and I respect them.

Oh and by the way an NDA isn't law, it's an contractual agreement between two or more parties.

But that's a moot point, do you ever wonder why people do things like that? Or why this subject is so important to so many people? It's not because they are "childish" it's because they are beyond fedup with the way they -and others - are being treated. No one "hates" daz either, if anything they'd like to work together.

But instead what do we get?. Take your example of "advertising" other sites, is the very mention of a sites name -even freebie ones - going to cause them to collapse, of course not. Yet god forbid anyone does that there, if you do you risk getting banned.

Or product submissions normally you have to wait weeks before a cursory rude rejection. No debate or helpful advice, ask and you don't get a reply.
Wouldn't be so bad, but when they ask for these things? Also not unusual when someone gets rejected or those who chose not to sell their for their idea to appear in the store.

It just smacks of we're the big guys, we like it, we're having it. That's just plan arrogant.
Studio/poser works stuff works best with an community so maybe they should going back to that, instead of taking an monopolistic corporate tone.

Terre

Renowned
An NDA falls under Civil law rather than criminal law. Thus it is legally binding but if violated you can't be jailed for it. Just sued/fired etc.