• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Official Announcement: DAZ terminates agreement to publish HiveWire 3D animals!

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I agree.

Perhaps that dude ate the hoagie, then chased it down with a chocolate shake and went to sleep. He'll be awakened by someone in his ear screaming "FIRE, FIRE, FIRE!!!"

ROFL! More likely the mods are just assuming it's more HW accolades and ignoring the thread for now.

Stezza and his "the big cat ate G8" was hysterical!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I agree.

Perhaps that dude ate the hoagie, then chased it down with a chocolate shake and went to sleep. He'll be awakened by someone in his ear screaming "FIRE, FIRE, FIRE!!!"
Or someone will hit him over the head with a cudgel. ;)

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
I agree.

I don't get the whole "erase any evidence of HiveWire" thing - or any competitor, really. Daz is absolutely huge, isn't it? What do they have to fear? Without competition and something to compare to in the same industry how do you set yourself apart? I mean look at the Bill Gates/SteveJobs relationship. In a documentary I watched they worked together at several points, each pushing the other forward trying to get the "one up". That's healthy competition. It creates markets and products to sell. No competition creates a stagnancy or a vacuum of "sameness". The customer loses, the artists lose ... but then, what do I know?

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Chris and Lisa, I'm sorry that DAZ did this, but I am not surprised. They seem to like to do things like this. It seems to me that the people in charge do not understand the market they're in and are trying to run DAZ like it were another Target or Walmart.

I remember a few years back they were going to cut back on the sales, and cut down the amount of the sales discounts on the DO products. Now it seems like you can't swing a dead cat over there without hitting three different overlapping sales, and the prices of things have climbed to the point that I look at a new figure release, just the base item, and walk away to wait for the deal.

Jakiblue

I'm tired. Really tired.

Once upon a time, I was a DAZfangirl. Over the last couple of years, that began to die. In the last 12 months, it kinda disappeared altogether. And in the last 8 months (particularly the recent 4-6 months), well, what's the complete opposite of a fangirl? Dunno, whatever it's called, it's me.

But because I use the Genesis line, and it's fully supported there, that's where I do most of my purchases. (Although they have seriously decreased over the last year).

This announcement is like the proverbial straw..it's the one that kinda has me going "welp, that's it then". I don't get it, I really don't. It's beyond ridiculous. (I hasten to add here, i'm referring to them, not hivewire here) I don't understand it, I thought the animals going there would be a good thing, a good "partnership". But to back out of an agreement after only 10 days, with such spurious reasons....gobsmacked.

I think I need to spend more time here. :D

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Hellz bellz! It's like hokey cokey. In out In out. Sorry to hear that they have messed you all around, it's very immature of them to just rip the carpet from under your feet.

All I can say is what a narcissist bunch they are.

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Ok.... I can't read all the comments, but i think the experience was not all in vain...people seen the announcement at Daz and now, they know about your animals... All of this can bring attention to Hivewire...as i said before i don't know about business so much...but i know about people.. Humankind is curious and tend to want to know why things happen... So this at the end can be an advantage... Perhaps I'm saying a foolish thing...i don't know... But is how I see it...remember the Phoenix.
I will support Hivewire in the ways i can... Will post images with credits in the places i upload my images, iknow is not a great help, but all the little things count too...hugs!

Geir

New-Bee
Hello, long time listener, first time caller.

I just wanted to express my sympathies to all the people who worked hard
on the Daz/Hirewire project just to have it taken away so brutally.
It has to be fatiguing to say the least and I hope for the best for all involved.

HW3D Animals are what brought me here as they were of the quality
and versatility I could not find anywhere else.

L'Adair

Enthusiast
I was actually disappointed Hivewire was bringing their animals to DAZ, until I read your post on it, and how it was going to be beneficial to you. I've not been happy with Daz management for quite sometime, especially with the way they play fast and loose with their advertising. I expect one of these days they're going to upset someone willing to file a complaint with the FTC, and when it all comes crashing down, it's going to be the customers and the PAs who get hurt the most.

So while I'm sorry they did this to you, it could be a blessing in disguise. In the long run, anyway, I think you're going to be better off.

I know I'm really happy I bought the Hivewire big cats over here when they came out, and you folks got all the money, instead of just half. (Or whatever the split.)

Hugs.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
"needless to say KenG was one and I owe him so much for him tempting me to HW back in 2013!"

He's the one that got me here too. I wrote to him asking him where his bird model was and he suggested I come to HiveWire. I'm so glad he did. Otherwise when YURdigital closed I would have just quit the whole thing. Instead because of this wonderful place and its wonderful people I'm making lots of new stuff.

sean_martin

Motivated
Just my 0.02.....

This doesnt surprise me one whit. Face it: they've given away, according to them anyway, something like three million copies of Studio, and yet their customer base really hasnt grown all that much in comparison. Their prices on everything have gone way up, even for model meshes they no longer support. They've made some crackhead stupid business decisions over the years (the clip art fiasco, anyone?), and this is just another in a long series, simply because they refuse to see that Poser is still a very viable software with a big market share. And I suspect that their limited little forays into making Poser items available is telling them that — and they just do not like it.

Honestly, Chris, I think you dodged a Howitzer on this one. Had this relationship continued, they would have insisted that everything come in DS format only, and any possible connection to Hivewire would have been erased... just because that's how they've proven themselves to operate. Seriously, bud, consider yourself lucky.