• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Western Tack for the HiveWire Horse is here!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Cool, I just wanted to know as I've got a horse obsession (99% of my art has them in it) so I've got all of them :) but I've pretty much exclusively use Harry as I find him very user friendly.
I've had some success fitting Mil 1 stuff to him (not from all angles tho and it depends on the breed morph).
I've got all of Sparky's Harry stuff too, but I haven't really used them yet (I did do an experiment in making the Kirin into a Peacock :)) and I've used the Headstall from the Kelpie (its just divine).

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
A PEACOCK!!! Ok, that's...different ;)
Haha its in my horse media folder. I love the bumps on the face because of the Kirin morph (and its toed feet) I'm just not happy with the bumps on the body, so I just need to play with it some more :D

nDelphi

Admirable
I finally purchased this product today. I did so because of the bridle' reins. It's the bridle I have always asked for and never got. Like the ancient Japanese saddles that I will never see happen for my Samurais.

I would like to see more elaborate saddles, like fantasy saddles and medieval saddles, if not modeled at least textures that can turn this saddled into something older; I hope I am making sense.

Looks like Harry is going to be the horse to be the companion for my Warrior Princess:

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread | Page 14 | HiveWire 3D Community

Thanks for this full-featured saddle.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
nDelphi- post images of the kind of textures you would like to see for the Western Tack and I can see what I might be able to do. These tack sets take a long time and a lot of work to develop, so def getting the most from a set with textures is a great and quicker option. You can PM me with them too if you prefer.

Laurie

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I love your Warrior Princes nDelphi.

The Classic Saddle might suit you better in regards to a more medieval style tho.

nDelphi

Admirable
nDelphi- post images of the kind of textures you would like to see for the Western Tack and I can see what I might be able to do. These tack sets take a long time and a lot of work to develop, so def getting the most from a set with textures is a great and quicker option. You can PM me with them too if you prefer.

Textures like these two, or something that crosses these two.

Worn out:
The Fell Pony Museum: Work In Harness

For barbarians and nomads:
Dariusz caballeros: Ancient Eurasian Nomad Horse -saddle and bit

For both the Western and the Classic saddles would be nice. This way I can use the western bridle with the classic saddle as it has more controls.

nDelphi

Admirable
I love your Warrior Princes nDelphi.

The Classic Saddle might suit you better in regards to a more medieval style tho.

I had the same thought but after awhile I went with the Western saddle as the bridle had more controls (41 vs 23). I am planning to purchase the classic, soon.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I wanted to show how well the Western Tack fit the Shetland morph as well as how nice the Sheltie looks with other CWRW coats :p
Click to view larger.
(This is a 3Delight render. I don't really like 3Delight, I like Iray much better but it takes way longer to render on my poor little computer)

Carey

Extraordinary
Oh, just look at that...terrible...the bit is in the wrong place....lol I laugh because my grand father was a saddle maker and a horse trainer and I used to catch you know what for an improperly adjusted bridle....lol memories. Yes great renders like this sure bring back the memories. Like the day Grandpa's horse got spooked by a fella that thought funny to see how close he could come to our horses with his car....Broke my grandfather's back and put him in a back brace for a long time. That is one of the real dangers of riding horses back then and now. People think the car replaced the horse, no horses were more or less driven off the roads....

Okay, story time is over ...for now... By the way this is from my story "A One horse Town" about my great uncle being the last man in my home town to give up his horse and buggy...

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I finally purchased this product today. I did so because of the bridle' reins. It's the bridle I have always asked for and never got. Like the ancient Japanese saddles that I will never see happen for my Samurais.

I would like to see more elaborate saddles, like fantasy saddles and medieval saddles, if not modeled at least textures that can turn this saddled into something older; I hope I am making sense.

Looks like Harry is going to be the horse to be the companion for my Warrior Princess:

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread | Page 14 | HiveWire 3D Community

Thanks for this full-featured saddle.

Actually, Sugatak brought out a Japanese samauri set with horse gear this last week over at DAZ. Unfortunately while I find Sugatak's architectural models absolutely stunning, his clothing models are pretty iffy.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Actually, Sugatak brought out a Japanese samauri set with horse gear this last week over at DAZ. Unfortunately while I find Sugatak's architectural models absolutely stunning, his clothing models are pretty iffy.
I saw that JOdel. The saddle would be perfect for a lot of different medieval type renders (with different textures of course) but I haven't had much luck with fitting the H2 stuff to Harry (Mill horse fits better). I guess IF you could turn off the girth (that seems to be where I have the most trouble, fit girth and saddle doesn't fit, visa versa) and you could just postwork that in later it would be easier to fit. But I thought the bridal looked a bit dodgy :)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I rather thought it all looked a bit dodgy. He's really not a clothing modeler. Although I imagine that if you slapped a stone or bronze shader on everything it would make a credible statue.

Actually regarding the Girth/Saddle conundrum; I'd say turn off the girth on the saddle, and maybe find some way of getting a band around the horse's middle to stand in for one. In Studio, a sort of lame and desperate attempt -- which would be dependent on whether Harry has an area of fairly straight-edged polys around his torso in the area a girth would cover -- would be to add a geometry shell, go into wire shaded mode and delete everything outside that area and apply a leather shader to the band of polys left. Wouldn't have any hardware, but also wouldn't leave any gaps. Would work a bit like a 2nd skin.

Of course, I haven't actually *tried* this, so I have no idea whether Harry's polys would allow for it at all. They may not. And in any case, it wouldn't go around a saddle blanket.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Zigraphix did a tutorial on the old Daz forum which showed how to create a clone for Horse 2 from the Mil Horse...I've always thought it would be interesting to try it for Harry but unfortunately I wouldn't be able to distribute it...

nDelphi

Admirable

Yes, I pretty much plastered it all over Facebook the minute I noticed it the day it came out. I understand about the iffy comment on his clothing, but I have rendered his warrior woman Samurai for V4 with great results. I would purchase the product just for the Japanese saddle itself and there are plenty of Samurai and Shinobi armor that you can use that look great. From Immortal Ronin for M4 to Way of the Samurai and Way of the Shenobi for Genesis. Renderosity too still has some great M4 Samurai armor. And of course, those lucky to have Samurai Yoroi for M3.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
If you get the saddle, let me know how it fits and I might have to save up too :)

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist

So this completely distracted me from what I'm supposed to be doing today because in the back of my mind I was wondering what it would be like to create 'clothes' for Harry. I didn't know what a Samauri saddle looked like. What I found had some pretty complicated designs, but got me thinking I could make something like the cloth barding used in jousting.

So then this happened: