• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Western Tack for the HiveWire Horse is here!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I thought the Western Tack was supposed to fit the Shetland Pony? If not, then my mistake...
I conformed it...and I see the side face strap and the bit are NOT in place?
Poser Pro 2014 screen capture.
I wanted to make a scene with "pony rides"... but... :(
WesternBridleNoFit.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hi Lyne, I don't use Poser, but in Daz I just select the pony and click on the Bridle and it fits to him beautifully, I don't know if its a difference between the two programs?
Give me a bit and I'll post a sample...

SimonJM

Enthusiast
Hi Lyne, I don't use Poser, but in Daz I just select the pony and click on the Bridle and it fits to him beautifully, I don't know if its a difference between the two programs?
Give me a bit and I'll post a sample...
Doesn't the bridle come with a bit? ;)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Maybe I should not have conformed it AFTER posing the horse's head... I'll try it on a fresh copy of the pony....
WesternBridleFits.jpg

Yep... so I can't add it to my current piece, unless I un-turn the horse's head...which I will be unable to do,(since it took me HOURS AND HOURS to get the mane and forelock "just right") but next time, lesson learned for my "pony rides" idea!

Last edited:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Wierd Lyne, it must be a difference between Poser and Daz. I can pose the Shetland, have him selected and then click on Bridle and it still automatically parents to the head and fits.

SimonJM

Enthusiast
Maybe I should not have conformed it AFTER posing the horse's head... I'll try it on a fresh copy of the pony....
View attachment 4696

Yep... so I can't add it to my current piece, unless I un-turn the horse's head...which I will be unable to do,(since it took me HOURS AND HOURS to get the mane and forelock "just right") but next time, lesson learned for my "pony rides" idea!
If that was in DS I'd try to memorize pose (or save the chest to head as pose), zero the figure, add the bridle and restore/reload the pose, but I donm't know what Poser gives you for options in that area.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Just saw this thread. I am putting this in my Wish List. But I still would love a good simple rawhide like bitless Native American set for Harry and or my MilHorse 1 (which I admittedly and bluhsing profusely) do use more often than Harry.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Just saw this thread. I am putting this in my Wish List. But I still would love a good simple rawhide like bitless Native American set for Harry and or my MilHorse 1 (which I admittedly and bluhsing profusely) do use more often than Harry.
Just curious (not judging) why do you use MilHorse more than Harry? I have it but haven't used it, but did try Daz Horse 2 and like Harry much better, so like I said, I'm just curious.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Lot more stuff available for the MilHorse. It's been out in the marketplace for quite a while.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
The Mil Horse is at LEAST 12 years old so yeah.. Harry has been on the market for almost 2 years now -Harry will celebrate his second birthday in May. Give us a little time - I think we've done pretty darn good for not even 2 years yet! :)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I thought the Western Tack was supposed to fit the Shetland Pony? If not, then my mistake...
I conformed it...and I see the side face strap and the bit are NOT in place?
Poser Pro 2014 screen capture.
I wanted to make a scene with "pony rides"... but... :(
View attachment 4675

Hey Lyne

I have had that problem crop up now and then in the past with other breed morphs in Poser too. Sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't... Not sure why:)
If it does, what I normally do, is save the horse pose with all morphs etc. Start over with a fresh horse, load and conform the the bridle, then apply the pose I just saved. I might have to reset things like Abs small and Neck Top Round Full sometimes but the majority of the posing and other morphs get saved.

Laurie

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Thanks, Laurie... I should put the bridle on first, but gosh, things occur to me (or my muse) in the wrong order! LOL!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks, Laurie... I should put the bridle on first, but gosh, things occur to me (or my muse) in the wrong order! LOL!

LOL yeah me too:) That's why I do the saved pose and restart/work from there. Not perfect but lots better than having to truly start over from scratch! :) Muses have a mind of their own and do need to be listened too- otherwise they get cranky and take off for a while- at least in my case:)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Just curious (not judging) why do you use MilHorse more than Harry? I have it but haven't used it, but did try Daz Horse 2 and like Harry much better, so like I said, I'm just curious.
I guess I got used to working with the layout of the figure and it has a lot of stuff for it I picked up at much lower prices than the add-on stuff for Harry. I picked Harry up because I wanted Sparkys fey creature made from it---can not remember what the holy frell it is called right now my brain is farting.....and sold here....therwise I would not have gotten it. But I love the Merry go round horse and the Shetland Pony. Waiting for god sale at 'Rosity to pick up the merry Go Round Horse for MilHorse too.

Now i really want an early breed like the Pliohippus, or Prezwalski horse (like from Clan of the Cave Bears novels) or a Mongolian Steppe Horse which run smaller almost like ponies. Before the Spaniards brought the modern horse over from Europe there were Pliohippus breeds here in the Americas but were hunted and eaten by early man. Similar to how the Boers killed off the Quaggas of S. Africa to extinction (which I was excited reading how a brilliant man there is splicing genes from a taxidermist' Quagga in a museum to a native living zebra and has actually been able to revive the breed). Now I want one for my runtime. there is one at Content Paradise But I have fond that all the animals there suck..at least all those I have laid good money down for. So I hoped someone would create one for Harry or MilHorse1. Can't use milHorse 2 because DAZ decided it is only good enough to work in their App.

Oh geeze. I seem to be rambling . Sorry.
That's why! LOL

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
The Mil Horse is at LEAST 12 years old so yeah.. Harry has been on the market for almost 2 years now -Harry will celebrate his second birthday in May. Give us a little time - I think we've done pretty darn good for not even 2 years yet! :)

Not complaing dear. I know the drill. But that is why I use one over the other. I should go back and use harry again forgot how to!

:( :( :( :(Drat just remembered....sorry OT....my brain stems fired and I remember what its called: ''KIRIN! :( :( :(
I love Sparkys stuff have most of his morphs and the Kirin was a Must Have.