• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Western Tack for the HiveWire Horse is here!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I was having trouble with posing the reins (the controls weren't there) and I was testing something for 3wComics and I had a similar problem which they helped me with and bingo! I was able to fix the reins issue I was having! Yay! Thanks 3wComics!
View attachment 2964
Friesian Horse (with texture I made from a combination of a couple of CWRW textures and CWRW tail from her tail pack), the wonderful Western Pack and Rodrigo rendered in Iray :)

WOW!! Fantastic! I actually have a bit of trouble (poser) remembering WHERE those rein controls are... but eventually drop down enough menu words in Properties to find them... Did you use my freebie photo shop cast shadow action? Love the shadow...that horse/rider sure is IN that scenery... great photo!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I didn't know you had a freebie photoshop cast shadow action Lyne :) That shadow is coming straight from the render (the better the HDRi, the better the lighting/shadows are), the only postwork on that image is the tail because I wasn't happy with the original one.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Wow - FH, Rae, Simon - just beautiful images!! Love them :)

SimonJM

Enthusiast
An idea that has been circling my mind for a while ... The Horseless Headsman:
Horseless Headsman.jpg

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Lol! Clever idea and very cool image!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Speaking of this glorious tack... I think we need to THANK "Fab3D" too.... this person is a fantastic modeler, and I see his/her name a lot in my Poser's Geometries... but maybe he/she prefers working 'in the background'.... still... THANK YOU FAB3D for all your work! :)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Speaking of this glorious tack... I think we need to THANK "Fab3D" too.... this person is a fantastic modeler, and I see his/her name a lot in my Poser's Geometries... but maybe he/she prefers working 'in the background'.... still... THANK YOU FAB3D for all your work! :)

Fab3D is David Mooy- a friend of Chris's. I worked with Dave on both the Classic and Western Tack- and yep he is a fabulous modeler!

Laurie

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
ohhhh pass along my THANKS then!? :) Pretty sure David is not 'here' in the forums....

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thanks folks for the kudos to Dave Mooy, or as I called him for years "Mooman" or the "Man of Moo".

I'll email him and see if he wants to jump in here to say hi. He's been in our old forum just a bit to say a few things about the tack he was working up. But that was some time ago.

He's got serious chops. He and I used to work together at Viewpoint Data labs in the Early 90's. He was modeling cars and props for movies and commercials, and I was modeling anatomy stuff.

Mooman went on to work for major movie studios as a 3D artist and has some serious accolades attached to his name. I was and am grateful to him that he's agreed to model both sets of tack for Harry.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
We are very grateful too Chris!

(now can we clone him too so we can get some English dressage tack and more horsey goodness? hehehe :p)

Hornet3d

Wise
What stunning selection of renders here they really show both Harry and the tack off well.

Thanks to everyone on the team that created the tack, I was impressed with the promos but the video was nothing short of jaw dropping for me. To have a product with this sort of flexibility is breathtaking but then to build in this level of ease of use....... well I am speechless.