• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Western Tack for the HiveWire Horse is here!

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
That is a beautiful render, Laurie. But I must agree with Pen, so unusual to see him in a shirt :)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Terrific render Laurie. Great to see the finished piece. I posted it on the HiveWire facebook page too. Hope you're okay with that.

Awesome videos. I can't believe how quick and nimble that bull fighting horse is.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
While I am not a fan of bullfighting, I do have a huge amount of respect of the training and horsemanship that goes into training a horse like Merlin- the palomino in the video you posted, Dragonsegg. Actually Merlin is an Azteca- half Andalusian, half Quarter Horse. Pablo Hermosa de Mendoza is amazing to watch. I did some work with Manuel Trigo learning Rejoneo and Doma Vaquera. Here is Juanita and I working with the carreton, back in 2010. Sorry it's so blurry!

JuanitaCarreton.jpg

I admire you Laurie you are obviously a talented horsewoman as well as a fantastic artist. I just wish I would have kept up with horseback riding. I am old enough now so a fall would be pretty much a disaster so I am hesitant to start again. But the good news is we have 10 acres that are horse fenced and cross fenced plus a 12 stall barn. As soon as my husband gets part of that modified into his "shop" and gets his tractor out of the main aisle of the barn I am definitely getting some rescue horses just to keep me company and hopefully at least one will be sound enough for light work and I can ride just a bit.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks Dragonsegg! Wish I were a better rider, but I try:) Really a huge turning point for me was meeting and getting to learn from Manuel, back in 2009. I learned more from him in 2 years than I had learned in my previous 25+ years of riding. Talk about an awesome horseman! I was also lucky an Aussie friend hooked me up with Warwick Schiller, who taught me how to train all of my horses to be very safe, sane and trustworthy mounts on the ground and under saddle. Knock on wood, I haven't had a fall since I broke my collarbone in two places in 1999 when my first mare caught a foot in a prairie dog hole while we were galloping and we both went down. (To put it more accurately she went *ss over teacup and I went flying!! through the air..and landed on my shoulder. THEN I had a 3 mile ride home before I could go to the hospital:) Just glad my mare came out of it without any injury. She was such a good quiet girl while I scrambled my way back into the saddle! Yeah I am a big believer in the concept of keeping the horse between me and the ground these days:)

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
Stunning tack and the render of the quarter horse stopping on a dime and giving change, as we used to say, really shows off what only Harry can do.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I'm just getting to know this fantastic tack... it's SO beautiful, so REALISTIC!! Working on a render to show off the tack... (the mane looks awful, have to re-pose it or use a short roached mane or something) but the main thing is how I could drop one rain to the ground!! WOW!

WesternBridleTest.jpg

OH and I have his mouth open, reaching for an apple...so I can show off the bit!! but NOTE! Still adjusting things... this is just
my first messing around test... :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Nice job of getting the rein to fall to the floor realistically, and his open mouth surely does look like he's about to take a bite out of something (someone). ;)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thanks Dragonsegg! Wish I were a better rider, but I try:) Really a huge turning point for me was meeting and getting to learn from Manuel, back in 2009. I learned more from him in 2 years than I had learned in my previous 25+ years of riding. Talk about an awesome horseman! I was also lucky an Aussie friend hooked me up with Warwick Schiller, who taught me how to train all of my horses to be very safe, sane and trustworthy mounts on the ground and under saddle. Knock on wood, I haven't had a fall since I broke my collarbone in two places in 1999 when my first mare caught a foot in a prairie dog hole while we were galloping and we both went down. (To put it more accurately she went *ss over teacup and I went flying!! through the air..and landed on my shoulder. THEN I had a 3 mile ride home before I could go to the hospital:) Just glad my mare came out of it without any injury. She was such a good quiet girl while I scrambled my way back into the saddle! Yeah I am a big believer in the concept of keeping the horse between me and the ground these days:)

Dang! 3 miles with a broken collar bone. I can't imagine the pain. Even getting up in the saddle like that must have been horrid.

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
The new saddle is so wonderful that I hated to have a rider, so Rodrigo, the great new character by CWRW, has to walk home. lol

The following items are from HiveWire 3D:

HiveWire Horse by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW
CWRW Ultra Textures for the HiveWire Horse Pack 2 by CWRW
Western Tack for the HiveWire Horse by CG Cubed, Christopher Creek Art, CWRW & Fab3d

Dusk by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & Virtual World
CWRW Rodrigo for Dusk by CWRW
CWRW Character Morphs for Rodrigo for Dusk by CWRW
Dusk's Bomber Jacket by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & Lisa Botanicals
CWRW Classic Denims for the HiveWire 3D Bomber Jacket by CWRW
Dusk's Skinny Jeans by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & Sarsa
CWRW Classic Denim for Dawn & Dusk Skinny Jeans by CWRW
HiveWire 3D Cowboy Hat by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & Spiritfoxy
CWRW Classic Hats for the HiveWire 3D Cowboy Hat by CWRW
Native American Beadwork for the HW3D Cowboy Hat by Flint_Hawk
Dusk's Universal Boots by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW

Songbird ReMix Birds of Prey Vol 3 Mini-Set - Hawks of the U.S. (Red Shouldered Hawk) by Ken Gilliland

Heading Home

Headin Home.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Here is another picture showing the marvelous Western Tack for the HiveWire Horse!

The following items are from HiveWire 3D:

HiveWire Horse by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW
CWRW Ultra Textures for the HiveWire Horse Pack 2 by CWRW
Western Tack for the HiveWire Horse by CG Cubed, Christopher Creek Art, CWRW & Fab3d

Dusk by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & Virtual World
Dusk's Bomber Jacket by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & Lisa Botanicals
CWRW Classic Denims for the HiveWire 3D Bomber Jacket by CWRW
Dusk's Skinny Jeans by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & Sarsa
CWRW Classic Denim for Dawn & Dusk Skinny Jeans by CWRW
HiveWire 3D Cowboy Hat by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & Spiritfoxy
CWRW Classic Hats for the HiveWire 3D Cowboy Hat by CWRW

Songbird ReMix (Blue Jay) by Ken Gilliland

Autumn Excursion by LisasBotanicals

Cowboy Autumn
Cowboy Autumn.jpg