• Welcome to the new Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that for security purposes our store and forum are on two separate servers so you will require a separate login for each. The store will ask you for your Real Name (WILL NOT BE displayed to the public) and the forum will ask you for a User Name (WILL BE displayed to the public). You may use the same email address and password for both.
  • We are having some issues with our customized styles. The forum will be open with the default style until we can correct the issues. Thank you for your patience.
  • Welcome, Guest! The results are in for the "Spin to Win" Render Challenge! Come check out the final gallery!

RELEASED Western Tack for the HiveWire Horse is here!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Both images are great Flint, but I love that Shepherd (and I love how the kitty is eyeing of the bird :D)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Holy Crap!!!

Those are awesome renders!!! A ton of work I'm sure. Way to go. So good!!!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I was having trouble with posing the reins (the controls weren't there) and I was testing something for 3wComics and I had a similar problem which they helped me with and bingo! I was able to fix the reins issue I was having! Yay! Thanks 3wComics!
the paint.jpg

Friesian Horse (with texture I made from a combination of a couple of CWRW textures and CWRW tail from her tail pack), the wonderful Western Pack and Rodrigo rendered in Iray :)

Satira Capriccio

Distinguished
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
And of course, since I'm pages and pages behind again, Absolutely was for the renders on the last several pages!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Chris. Thanks Miss B, its actually a really simple scene - Dusk, Harry and a HDRi :D

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
its in "iRadiance - HDRI Variety Pack One" from Daz (Mountain B I think from memory)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks, but I don't have DS 4.9, so can't use it. It is quite nice though. ;)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I use 4.8, my computer melts down if I try and use 4.9 :D I don't know anything about Poser, it doesn't use HDRis for lighting/backgrounds?

Miss B

CV-BEE
Good question. I know my Bryce does. I'll have to investigate that.

Edited to Add: Now that I think about it, PoserPro 11 has a new "ground" that's actually a construct of a ground plane and a dome, so it may well be possible to use them there, though I think that's more for 360 degree images so you can rotate around for different parts of a scene, and lighting to go with it.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Flint_Hawk.

mmmm, Miss B, I'm rendering at the moment so I can't find where the HDRi is located on my computer but most of them come with a panoramic (I think 360 degrees in most cases) backplate that theoretically you could use if you can't use the HDRi itself (without having the program I can't test this out tho)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhh, the panoramic backplate would do the trick. I'll have to check how folks do HDRi in Poser. I suspect there's a way, but I've not had a reason to do so up 'til now.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Give me a coupe of hours and I'll see if this pack has them and I'll PM you :D