• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Vampire Slayer Kit

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
What Rae said....Bacardi = Brand name.

Don't stress NA I will certainly do some textures when I release it but I'm happy for others with an interest to do texture sets.

*Using Teacher voice @Art Of Mind 'we all have to share...sharing is good!' :devil" :devil" :laugh: :roflmao: :laugh:
I'm interested, but do have obligations to HW once the kit is out. Thinking some Koi fish textures would be nice and ....... not sure how you are doing the fins, but those beta fish and fan tail goldfish are really fun to watch and gorgeous! Oh and Black Molly goldfish with the black and gold shimmers.

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
What Rae said....Bacardi = Brand name.

Don't stress NA I will certainly do some textures when I release it but I'm happy for others with an interest to do texture sets.

*Using Teacher voice @Art Of Mind 'we all have to share...sharing is good!' :devil" :devil" :laugh: :roflmao: :laugh:

Do I get the legos at the end of the day?

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
ROLF!!

Moonshine ..... I think my grandpa used to run the car of that stuff distilled in his secret hiding place during prohibition.

no, not Moonshine, I wrote Meadshine on prupose, it does not exist. Mead was the popular drink back in meadevil times but was low proof made from honey and yeast, and Moonshine is straight eat out your belly pure as it gets.. so I combined the two and made Meadshine, does not exist.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I let the kids at school use lego if they earn 5 tokens...so I suppose if your good and you pick up after yourself.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I got you on the Meadshine lol.

Ok working on the bottle glass here. This is the first time I've worked with glass like this so bear with me. I can do it opaque no problem, but when I go to make it translucent I loose the label. Is there anyway to make the label not transparent with the outside layer?

Off for the night I think.
Bottle5 copy.jpg
Bottle8 copy.jpg
Bottle6 copy.jpg

I need to tweak these with the glossy layer.
Bottle copy.jpg

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Ok working on the bottle glass here. This is the first time I've worked with glass like this so bear with me. I can do it opaque no problem, but when I go to make it translucent I loose the label. Is there anyway to make the label not transparent with the outside layer?

Wouldn't that just be a transparency map? Or is the problem that they are two different material zones and one seems to be effecting the other?

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I think NapalmArsenal may have pulled an all-nighter?
I've sent some messages - I think we'll get this fixed soon. The label is modeled, with it's own material zone seperate from the bottle.
here it is with some of my shaders applied to it.

Bottle Render 2.png

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Ok lol not an all nighter, but close that meadshine has one heck of a kick yah know !!

Ok, but is there a way to show something is in the bottle of LOL my Ketchup of Life Elixir =) ? LOL this is my first venture with glass.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
EEK!! =) Yeah looks pretty good. So can I change how the inside looks and the fluid levels? I have some water textures that might look rather neat, but will have to see also thinking of a crazed glass look to the outside.

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
EEK!! =) Yeah looks pretty good. So can I change how the inside looks and the fluid levels? I have some water textures that might look rather neat, but will have to see also thinking of a crazed glass look to the outside.
You can change how the inside looks, the level is where it is, you can either have it full to the brim or stay where it is, I just added in an new material zone.
The image is nice, too bad it is not part of the set.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Will work more on the bottle and vial tomorrow some. I am working on the book currently.

I will probably not use the deco on there and change it out for a better one. Probably also add some buckles or something to the front as well.

So does any one have any book title suggestions?
Book 5 copy.jpg
Book 7 copy.jpg
Book 8 copy.jpg