• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Vampire Slayer Kit

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
They will actually render brighter like the ones on top I just didn't tweak the settings on the bottom two yet. Still no bump, spec or displacement maps.
Silver copy.jpg
Silver2 copy.jpg
Silver3 copy.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Finishing touches! Thought I would get to do bottles today, but needed to go back and do minor tweaks. Once I get the displacement maps on there that should really pop.
Silverset33s copy.jpg

Silverset33s78 copy.jpg
Silverset33s787 copy.jpg

GreenGold copy.jpg

Gemstone Tweaks. I really like this way of doing them with the back it really makes them stand out when you set the translucency on the top face of the gemstone.
Gems copy.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
@Pendraia , that's an idea, but not sure on the time constraints It would be a kewl effect for the blade also. Though, I'm not all that familiar with it looking as it should. I saw your post about it not too long ago. How did your render come out with the wings and moon?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
The sword was what made me think of it...I could see a render with a glowing magic sword to fight the vampires.

I did post my last version of the render somewhere but I'm not sure where still waking up at the min. So hope it's okay to post here. I still haven't worked out how to get a soft haze around the glow as I would like on the moon...dress, wings, dragon, mushrooms and moon all emit light. Couldn't get the moon to have a glow though which I really wanted.
Dragon meeting fairy sml.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
@RAMWolff good to know about the stone texture colors I will for sure keep that in mind if I decide to do this. It's for sure looking into.

@Pendraia I really like this effect. Though I'm not sure how difficult it is going to be to recreate. Love how the mushrooms came out!! It's absolutely something to think about!! It's totally ok with me to post here!! =)

I rather like the fractal effects though and these are all 2D, but not sure how you would recreate them in a 3d program. The blue flames I painted in PS.

The Immerdusk.jpg The ArchenBlade2.jpg
Dragon Fire copy.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I guess I will show today's work on the Crucifix and the Bottle Droppers. I will do labels tonight. Still need a little more work on the glass shader and the raised edges.

There will be wood and cork too and probably a bloody mat or two.

Droppers copy.jpg
Droppers2 copy.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I'm not sure...I'll have a think about it and if I get chance I'll have a play.
Aye if not this set I can for sure use it for another one. Let me know what you come up with. Also where is that tutorial about the uber shader and the lace patterns. I might take a look at that a some point also.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
This tutorial. I wonder if you could use that to make blood overlays can't do it for this set, but I would like to explore this tutorial more.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
This tutorial. I wonder if you could use that to make blood overlays can't do it for this set, but I would like to explore this tutorial more.
Okay...I wouldn't call that ubershader it's more making use of nodes to create overlays. Yes I need to look at that some more also. Haven't forgotten just never have enough time...