• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Transfer of Customer purchases at HiveWire 3D to the store at Renderosity

Status
Not open for further replies.

sueya

Inspired
My purchases have not transferred either. It would have been reassuring if I'd had a reply to my email to say they'd received it.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
My purchase have definitely not transferred. With Ken's VoM sale, it would be nice to have half his products showing as already purchased...
That's one of the reasons why I keep a spreadsheet of purchases from every 3D store I've ever purchased in. I can always double-check to see if I already have something I might want to purchase now from any of the HW CAs who have moved to Renderosity.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
My purchase have definitely not transferred. With Ken's VoM sale, it would be nice to have half his products showing as already purchased...
Sorry to hear this. I had hoped the transfers would have gone through by now. Hopefully, they'll have it worked out soon.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Do note that Jenn said "We are almost ready to deploy this project." That does not mean it will all be done immediately :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
:yeahthat: With all the products being moved from here to there, I can't imagine it would happen overnight, especially with all the non-members who came here just to purchase in the HW store.

I don't envy them undertaking that task at all.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I wonder what happens to products vendors have not transferred to Rendo for one reason or another? For example, my "Dog Bandana" for the HW Big Dog has vanished from the HW store, so it could not be transferred. Even if it didn't vanish, it was made for the dog before it was re-released under a different scale, so it wouldn't work with the new version anyway. I imagine some vendors might have decided not to transfer some products for different reasons. I wonder how would that be handled?

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
I'm not clear what your question is, Ken, but any product that was, for whatever reason, not transferred to the Renderosity store will not be placed in the customer's account there. .

People were given several months' worth notice that our store was closing so they could download any products that they wanted, including a month after the store closed. Hopefully they took advantage of that.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I'm not clear what your question is, Ken, but any product that was, for whatever reason, not transferred to the Renderosity store will not be placed in the customer's account there. .

People were given several months' worth notice that our store was closing so they could download any products that they wanted, including a month after the store closed. Hopefully they took advantage of that.

Sorry, I guess the question wasn't clear. In my case, the Dog Bandana would have to be remade, since the base figure has changed. It wouldn't be a "transfer", but instead a remake and a new submission. I was thinking this might not be the only exception case, where other vendors might want to remake older products for different reasons. So even if the product was remade, it would have to enter the store as an existing product people will have access as previously purchased. That's what I wonder how it would be handled.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Ah, got it (I think, lol). There were a few products that hadn't been fixed for the Dog that were removed. Unfortunately, I don't know what would happen if those were fixed and the updated files put at Renderosity.

Might ask that in the HW Vendor forum at Renderosity or ask Jenn in an email. There probably ARE a number of products that used to be in the store but were not when the store closed, for whatever reason, where the vendor might want to put them in their Renderosity store. Not sure how they'd handle it, or if it's even possible to put them in the accounts at Renderosity. Does that help? Or just make things more confusing? ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Does that help? Or just make things more confusing? ;)

The whole thing is confusing on its own right. I couldn't even explain it right the 1st time. But I think there might be more vendors in similar situations for different reasons, where products have been sold here, but now they need to be remade. In my particular case, the Dog Bandana was no longer in the HW store during the transfer, so Rendo has no record it was ever sold here. What a pickle.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Well, if the products were sold here and are being remade, with the same name, then that wouldn't be an issue. People who bought the original product would have it in their Renderosity account and would just update it. If names are changed, I don't know what will happen. It would be nice if it would be a super easy transition, but that doesn't ever seem to happen. I guess one way to handle it would be to ask Renderosity if it's possible for you to gift the products to people who send you proof of purchase. But I don't know if they'd do that. Again, you'd need to ask them about it. It's frustrating, I know, for vendor and customer (and I'm a customer, too...so I'm affected as much as everyone else).

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
This is definitely something I will have to ask Rendo about. Just wanted to post it here in case other vendors find themselves in the same situation, because it's complicated and even difficult to explain. :)

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
I think you might be thinking it's more complicated than it is :).

Tell her this:

I have a product that used to be at HiveWire. It was not in the store when the store closed. I plan to update it a bit.

1-If I bring it to Renderosity and give it the same name it had at HiveWire, is there a way to get it into the accounts of the customers who bought it at HiveWire?

2-If I change the name of the product, does that have any effect? If so, what?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
That's it in a nutshell, though I have no plans on renaming the product. I just need to rig it again since the dog has been changed and it doesn't conform anymore. I think if I explain, they might understand and help with this extra last transitional step. At least with me, it's just 1 single product, so it might not be a big deal.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Just talked to Jenn.

She is working hard at this - again, realize that this is a LOT of work on the part of Renderosity, and we really appreciate it!

Do NOT worry if you emailed and did not get a reply - Jenn decided at some point that it would make more sense to reply when it was all done :).

So, once we get the word that the product information is transferred into everyone's Renderosity accounts, if yours is not done, THAT will be the time to write to them again.

Thanks for your cooperation and patience!

Status
Not open for further replies.