• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Transfer of Customer purchases at HiveWire 3D to the store at Renderosity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedr8cer5

I had a drive go down and lost quite a bit of my Dusk/Dawn Stuff....so I am hoping that all of the vendors that I purchased from will be at Renderosity once the list is updated.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I had a drive go down and lost quite a bit of my Dusk/Dawn Stuff....so I am hoping that all of the vendors that I purchased from will be at Renderosity once the list is updated.

Sorry to hear that. I have also lost an entire backup drive that just died with no warning. All of my content for Dusk will be at Rendo. I have finished submitting everything last night, and now I am just waiting for them to process the queue. ^___^

Speedr8cer5

I am working on taking all of my smaller external drives and having everything properly filed and then a back up drive that I don't use of everything.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I was lucky the drive that died only contained my software and media purchases, where my Poser products projects were backed up on a different drive. Nearly all my purchased stuff has receipts with license numbers emailed to me on Yahoo, so only a few things were really lost forever, like backups from stores that no longer exist, like Content Paradise, RuntimeDNA, and PoserWorld. This was the 2nd time one of my backup drives dies in the last 5 years, so mechanical drives are not as reliable as they used to be.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I'll contact Jenn and see where things are. They had a LOT of products to move over, and I'm not sure if that's done yet.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
it seems quite obvious that Renderosity have put the customer transfer on a very very low priority list which over time will be lost..

it's not as if the HW3d store was humungously large.

and to not even get any acknowledgment from renderosity when the customer transfer info was sent to them reeks...

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Some people claim they can already see some of their HW purchases in their Rendo account, so they are doing something, but we don't know how long it will take. For once, it took me over 2 months to finish transferring all my products to Rendo. Maybe they need all vendors to finish transferring their products? Took me long because they refused many of my promos from HW, and I had to make new ones.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Maybe they need all vendors to finish transferring their products?
That's exactly their plan Ken. Someone on the Renderosity forum asked what was taking so long, and I posted that I had sent an email to them early on, and hadn't heard anything from them, but thought, since the HW3D CA's were the only ones getting their purchases put through, that maybe HW3D members/customers would probably have to wait until all the CA's products are completely transferred to the Renderosity store before they would see their purchased products show up in their accounts at Renderosity.

Jenn responded I was correct, so that's what's taking so long. It makes sense to have all the CA's products in their store before adding them to our Renderosity accounts. Otherwise things could get really weird if we wanted to download a copy of something, for example one of Ken Gilliland's goodies that he's updated, but which hasn't yet made it into his store there.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yes, I have said all of this before, several times, in this thread.

Renderosity has to wait until ALL of the HiveWire CAs have ALL their products moved over to the store.

They are ONLY going to be putting THOSE products in your accounts at Renderosity, so they need to have them all IN THE RENDEROSITY store before they can add them to your Renderosity accounts. This takes time. Obviously they underestimated just how long it would take. I know people are frustrated.

I don't know where they are in that process, and I have emailed Jenn asking for an update. I will post here AS SOON as I hear something :).

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
On one hand, Rendo has tried to facilitate the transfer the best they could. For instance, they let us use the existing HW ZIP files, without having to redo them all to their standards. That alone was a huge time saver. They also imported our promos automatically, though in some cases incorrectly, or missing several parts, where their site offers no means of editing, so we are forced to delete everything and upload it all over again. It was the same with product descriptions and keywords - those were imported, but were invalid for the most part. Their product thumbnail is in a different aspect ratio, so I had to create new ones for everything I have. I am not criticizing - they DID facilitate part of the work.

At least on my part, the main reason why it took months was because they refused about half of the promos I used at HW, and I have spent most of the time creating new ones. One of my products (Dog Bandana for HW Big Dog) has vanished from the store, and therefore was not transferred. Each vendor may have their own reasons, but I have just finished my transfer in the last week of April, and that was a big relief for me - I thought it would never end.

So please be patient with the products transfer. It is not a button push kind of thing. It takes time and a lot of patience.

Hornet3d

Wise
On one hand, Rendo has tried to facilitate the transfer the best they could. For instance, they let us use the existing HW ZIP files, without having to redo them all to their standards. That alone was a huge time saver. They also imported our promos automatically, though in some cases incorrectly, or missing several parts, where their site offers no means of editing, so we are forced to delete everything and upload it all over again. It was the same with product descriptions and keywords - those were imported, but were invalid for the most part. Their product thumbnail is in a different aspect ratio, so I had to create new ones for everything I have. I am not criticizing - they DID facilitate part of the work.

At least on my part, the main reason why it took months was because they refused about half of the promos I used at HW, and I have spent most of the time creating new ones. One of my products (Dog Bandana for HW Big Dog) has vanished from the store, and therefore was not transferred. Each vendor may have their own reasons, but I have just finished my transfer in the last week of April, and that was a big relief for me - I thought it would never end.

So please be patient with the products transfer. It is not a button push kind of thing. It takes time and a lot of patience.

Thank you for the insight, that makes it and even bigger task than I imagined.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
HiveWire's product pages were created using html. Fortunately for me, as I'm the one who created them, Adobe Dreamweaver helped me do the html to plug into the admin section of our store where I added that and all the other info and images to make the pages that showed in the store ;).

Renderosity's main product pages use text. And there are other things that are different as well. It's like trying to talk to someone in a different language.

So there were things that didn't transfer between our system and theirs, or didn't transfer correctly, despite awesome work on the part of the technical folks who transferred the databases. The HiveWire CAs have had to hand edit all their product pages at Renderosity. I did those for HiveWire and for Lisa's Botanicals, and I can tell you it was time consuming.

Renderosity has been very good about helping all of us with this move. Again, I KNOW it's frustrating not to have our customer accounts transferred yet, but please, everyone be patient. :)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Sure was time consuming. Just getting the original text from all the Readmes for each of my products took a couple days for me. And that's with doing a batch import of all the Readmes into a Word doc.

I only had to redo one promo because it wasn't accepted. I should have gone with my gut on that one. HiveWire didn't have a problem with it, but sure enough, Renderosity had an issue with showing the back of a child (Aine for Diva) without a top.

Hopefully, we never have to go through this again!

Status
Not open for further replies.