• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Transfer of Customer purchases at HiveWire 3D to the store at Renderosity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
We have to be thankful that so many put in the extra work to get content transferred and working at Renderosity rather than just saving themselves the effort and walking away.

It was so much work for me that the thought has crossed my mind when I had to redo so many promos. LOL

Hornet3d

Wise
It was so much work for me that the thought has crossed my mind when I had to redo so many promos. LOL

I suspect it is a bit like spending hours on creating a Poser scene or writing a long letter only for the computer to crash and to lose the lot, you then have to think very hard before starting at the beginning again, it feels a great a waste of time recreating something you already had.

Really glad you stuck with it and saw it through.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Sad but true. The whole world is shrinking to fewer and fewer companies, where soon enough it will be only Google left. Google Poser. Google DAZ, Google Windows, and Google MacOS. Why worry about competition when we can have that?

Klaus Sauer

Admirable
I have to admit that I had already given up hope of a transfer of our customer data to Rendo and also had some doubts as to whether the whole action was a fake after all.

So I wrote another very long e-mail to Rendo and ... I got a reply. In the reply I received, however, there is no mention that all CA’s of HiveWire have to move all their products to Rendo first. This is not possible because not ALL former HW-CA’s want to sell their creations at Rendo. And you can’t force anyone, can you?

The fact is that the delays occur because the work of converting the data from one store to another is not easy and they are still working on solutions with their programmers.

In addition, there are probably some changes in the staff of Renderosity.

The transfer should definitely take place, but unfortunately Rendo also didn't know how long it will take.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
No, it is NOT a fake. And no, they are not saying they have to wait until ALL former HW CAs have their products in the store, ONLY those who have made it clear they are GOING to move their products to Renderosity.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Some people claim to already see some of their HW purchases showing up in their Rendo accounts.

Klaus Sauer

Admirable
Yes, I have said all of this before, several times, in this thread.

Renderosity has to wait until ALL of the HiveWire CAs have ALL their products moved over to the store.

They are ONLY going to be putting THOSE products in your accounts at Renderosity, so they need to have them all IN THE RENDEROSITY store before they can add them to your Renderosity accounts. This takes time. Obviously they underestimated just how long it would take. I know people are frustrated.

I don't know where they are in that process, and I have emailed Jenn asking for an update. I will post here AS SOON as I hear something :).
Looks like our whole communication here is always a misunderstanding. English is not my native language. I could run my sentences through different translator programs. Somebody always doesn’t understand something the way I meant it and is outraged. I don’t feel particularly welcome here anymore. As soon as the transfer is done, I’ll be gone, too.

I have marked the sentence in your own post, which I have maybe misunderstood.

BTW: I got my informations about Rendo also from Jenn, just for your information too.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
I fail to see why you think anyone (I guess you mean me) is "outraged".

That post you quote was not the first time I've explained what is happening.

Yes, there are language issues, but doesn't it make sense that they are ONLY waiting for products that ARE going there, and not for products that going somewhere else or not being sold at all anymore?

One of the times I've explained this, by the way was on the very first page of the thread, in response to a few questions and a comment by Sunfire:

Correct - it is only the products that are being moved to Renderosity that will be there.

They can't include products from artists who aren't vendors there :)

Hopefully that was clear to everyone from this

Renderosity is getting ready to be able to put products that you bought at HiveWire (those which are being sold at Renderosity) into your Renderosity accounts.

but if not, the way you phrased it should be

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Renderosity replied to me via FB a few days ago ( 15th May ) saying the product transferring has been done..

it's only the customers they have no idea about .. o_O

heard nothing since

1621392146855.png

Hornet3d

Wise
Looks like our whole communication here is always a misunderstanding. English is not my native language. I could run my sentences through different translator programs. Somebody always doesn’t understand something the way I meant it and is outraged. I don’t feel particularly welcome here anymore. As soon as the transfer is done, I’ll be gone, too.

I have marked the sentence in your own post, which I have maybe misunderstood.

BTW: I got my informations about Rendo also from Jenn, just for your information too.

I always think it is sad when someone decides to leave, that is their right of course. but it is still sad to me. I have been here a long time and I have to say I have not seen any animosity to anyone that wasn't picked up quickly by the Hivewire3D team and even those cases have been rare. What I have seen is a few people who have left because the believed that there was an implied slight towards them or a feeling of ill treatment towards them. My own belief is that it is usually down to a misunderstanding, not helped on some cases as, for so many here, English is not their first language. I only have two languages, English and profanity, the first I am not that skilled at and the second I cannot use here but even with English as my first language I am still amazed how I can read something into a comment that is not really there when I read it again.

One thing we do have in common here is we are passionate about 3D art and that can often mean we wear our hearts on our sleeves in some cases, I do know I have been overly sensitive to comments, sometimes here and very often elsewhere. As artists we should be open to suggestions and understand that, while art is a wide subject, it is also very personal and I believe that means the more input the better which is why I am so sad if someone leaves, whoever they may be or what views they had.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I only have two languages, English and profanity, the first I am not that skilled at and the second I cannot use here but even with English as my first language I am still amazed how I can read something into a comment that is not really there when I read it again.
I have always found that to be the bane of online communication, either on forums, site mail, email, etc. There's always going to be someone who doesn't understand what you're trying to say, and not always because of a language difference. To me, unless I'm in the same room with the person talking so I can view her/his attitude when speaking, I have no idea what the intent is, and can only hope I'm guessing correctly.

Needless to say, there are always those who are very obvious when they post in forums.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Thanks for posting, Jenn :). A lot of people are concerned that they never got a reply when they sent their emails. Should they re-send them or just sit tight until you let us know it's all done?

Status
Not open for further replies.