• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Transfer of Customer purchases at HiveWire 3D to the store at Renderosity

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbult

Inspired
I still do not see any of my Hivewire products at Renderosity. On June 3, Jenn told me in an email that it would be done within 14 days. It has been weeks since that deadline passed. Has anyone had their products show up at Renderosity yet?

barbult

Inspired
I did get a reply today from Jenn. She said they are still not done transferring products but they are working on it. She said when they are transferred, they will appear in the Gifts section of our accounts. That was a surprise to me! I had never looked in the Gifts section. So I looked today, but it is empty. So I guess we wait some more...

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Thanks for the update :)

I had asked Jenn to either let me know so I can post about it when they are done, or to post here herself, so hopefully that will happen.

The intention was that this process could just be automated, but I suspect our 2 stores' databases didn't play together as they had hoped.

I know how much work it is for Renderosity to do this as they are doing it, having done many invoices by hand at our store. I really appreciate that they are still willing to transfer the products over, given how much work it has turned out to be. THANK YOU to them :)

I understand that it's frustrating, but please try to remain patient.

Thanks!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
She said when they are transferred, they will appear in the Gifts section of our accounts.
Now that's not something I expected. I have about 5 Gifts that I've acquired over the years, and that's all that's in my account now, but at least now I know where to look for them. Thanks for the update barbult. :)

DanaTA

Distinguished
I worked with a large company that was moving its data to a different system, different database software. I've done data transfers at my job there. When going from MS Visual FoxPro to MS SQL Server, it wasn't bad at all. But, at the end, I was doing data extracts from VFP to Oracle! It was a nightmare. Our "out of date" software did the complete data extract in about 30 minutes, but it took Oracle experts three days to complete it, only to find out they asked for the wrong columns, or they needed it in a different text or numeric format. After a few months, I was laid off because the company was going under. They consolidated into a small office in California. A couple years later I was talking with my old boss and asked how the data transfer went...still not good, maybe it never finished properly. If they're using Oracle at Renderosity, don't hold your breath...you may turn all kinds of pretty purple shades!

Dana

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Before anyone freaks out about the last line in Dana's post ;)...I believe this is being done MANUALLY, as Lisa and I did when we placed orders for people at HiveWire. So it's not an issue of what software they are using at this point.

It is just time consuming, and the people doing it actually have other work to do.

Chris, Paul & I really appreciate Jenn and her staff doing this - they could have just said "hey, sorry, the data transfer didn't work, we tried".

Klaus Sauer

Admirable
I have tried to help them with an list, which I made in Excel. I have list all my Hivewire orders in chronological order. I listed all article numbers of Hivewire and selected the corresponding article numbers of Renderosity, which was a pain with around 170 different articles. I also find out that some of the articles, which are sold here as seperate ones, are combined at Rendo as 'Bundles' like the LAMH Sets from CWRW. I think this kind of Bundles didn't make it easier for Rendo to find the matching products in their store.

What frustrates me the most is that I can't get the latest updates of Ken's fantastic bird sets.

The intention was that this process could just be automated, but I suspect our 2 stores' databases didn't play together as they had hoped.

If the HiveWire Database doesn't match Rendo's, maybe you could adjust it by asking Rendo how you can help.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
My patience is seriously running out.

What exactly to you expect ME to do to help? Go to school to become a programmer and redo the HiveWire database?

Please do NOT give Renderosity lists of your personal product lists. They HAVE all the lists of who owns what products. Yes, some things morphed into bundles over there - I have no clue how they plan to handle that, but I'm sure it's not making things easier for them

As I have said, they have to do this manually and that takes a lot of time. This is not the only thing that they have to do - they have a store and their own forum to run.

Hornet3d

Wise
I am a bit bewildered here, I understand why it would be useful to have all the products that were purchased at HiveWire3D with your Rendo purchases but why the hurry? All my HiveWire purchases still work and in fact I have all the purchases backed up. I can understand if something was purchased and not downloaded at the time but surely this would be the exception not the rule. Am I missing something here?

Status
Not open for further replies.