• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Transfer of Customer purchases at HiveWire 3D to the store at Renderosity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I have tried to help them with an list, which I made in Excel. I have list all my Hivewire orders in chronological order. I listed all article numbers of Hivewire and selected the corresponding article numbers of Renderosity, which was a pain with around 170 different articles. I also find out that some of the articles, which are sold here as seperate ones, are combined at Rendo as 'Bundles' like the LAMH Sets from CWRW. I think this kind of Bundles didn't make it easier for Rendo to find the matching products in their store.

What frustrates me the most is that I can't get the latest updates of Ken's fantastic bird sets.

If the HiveWire Database doesn't match Rendo's, maybe you could adjust it by asking Rendo how you can help.

Working by hand, on the level that is having to be done here is not easy, and in fact leads to complications if you get too many people involved. You know the adage don't you? Too many cooks spoil the broth. This is true in this case.

If you are worried about the updates Ken is doing, I'm pretty sure he's just as frustrated as you over the delays in the move.

I commend your restraint in your purchases, many of us have considerably more items. Now, could you please practice a bit more of that restraint and give Renderosity, who's not a large company, more time to get this done? They're also working on Poser 12 and getting it fully unimesh, I'd rather their programmers do that then whip up some miracle to get things transferred in a jiff. So Jenn and Andy and the rest can do the transfers manually while the programmers work on 12, and in and around their other duties.

Oh, and take it easy on HiveWire, they've worked hard and are working with a handicap now.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I am a bit bewildered here, I understand why it would be useful to have all the products that were purchased at HiveWire3D with your Rendo purchases but why the hurry? All my HiveWire purchases still work and in fact I have all the purchases backed up. I can understand if something was purchased and not downloaded at the time but surely this would be the exception not the rule. Am I missing something here?

One thing is for people who own Ken Gilliland's products. A lot of them have been updated since we closed, with essentially completely new product, including both Iray and Superfly.

I think some other folks have updated their products, but I get it that those who have Ken's older products want the updated versions.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Thanks, Tana :).

FYI, Ken was asked this in his SBRM thread:
Ken, for Daz bird purchases that you already transferred to Hivewire, do we have to wait for them to appear at Renderosity to get new updates?

And the reply was:
...for now, the answer is yes. I still hold hope that Renderosity will figure out how to do the HW transfers.

To make this really clear, for me to do customer transfers from DAZ (or HW) to Renderosity is time-consuming. I have to "GIFT" every item, one at a time, to a specific Renderosity username (which it has to search for every time) to my cart. No, I can't simply fill a cart with a customer transfers and then say it goes to .... Once I've filled the cart, I leave it, email the Renderosity admin. A couple days later, they go into my account, look at the full cart, process the "Gift" orders (charging me for it), and then reimburse me for the "gifts".

Yes, it's a PITA

As we come closer to next year, if they still haven't figured it out how to automatically do the transfers, I'll start accepting HW-to-Renderosity Transfer requests and doing them in batches, as time permits.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Right. I sent Rendo a copy of my .pdf with the compilation of all of Ken's products which i've purchased. I probably ought to have also sent a list of another vendor with a smaller list, for comparison to see whether those end up in my purchase history first. But as things stand, I have backups, so it can wait.

I wouldn't want to have to repurchase *all* of Ken's stuff in one fell swoop, but as long as the updates trickle out at one or two at a time, I can handle re-purchasing. I do find the updated versions easier to use in Studio than the originals, most of which I think I purchased when they were still over at DAZ. And quite a lot of them are so completely rebuilt that re-purchasing isn't a bit inappropriate. I might be a bit slower to repurchase some of the more recent stuff, though.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Again, I urge people NOT to send Renderosity lists of their HW purchases as you read that a few folks have done so.

If, AFTER the process is done, there are missing products, please do it then.

If everyone starts sending them lists, that's a bunch of emails they have to go through. And that means LESS time to process the products for everyone :)

JOdel, that's so nice that you're willing to re-buy some of Ken's items, but I know he doesn't expect anyone to do so. But I will agree that it's pretty amazing of him to be doing these updates, where most people would understandably bring out "version 2" that you have to buy in addition to version 1, given the huge amount of updating he's doing with them.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I think people forget that Rendo are doing this as a curtesy. No one would expect to get something for nothing from a different "Brick and Mortar" store after another one closes down.

As far as somethings like CWRW's LAMH products, Rendo has a minimum $ limit that was greater than what the LAMH products were at HW so CWRW bundled them to reach that limit.

Last edited:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
A couple days after I found out HiveWire was closing I spent a day downloading Everything. Lots of stuff. It sits on an external hard drive. As long as that drive is good (I bought it a month before HiveWire closed) I'll be good.

People seriously didn't back up their purchases?

Bwaomega

Inspired
A couple days after I found out HiveWire was closing I spent a day downloading Everything. Lots of stuff. It sits on an external hard drive. As long as that drive is good (I bought it a month before HiveWire closed) I'll be good.

You may need to re-read the thread to understand what is going on. This isn't about backing up files, as has been stated several times. This is about ONE particular creator, whom a significant number of people have been following since he was at DAZ. Ken Gilliland has been updating his older products, and had said that the updates would be free to owners of the original products (those that I had purchased at DAZ that were updated before HiveWire closed were updated for free, after Alisa had painstakingly added them to my HW products from my DAZ purchase history). 30 or more products at ~$15 each (HW/DAZ deep discount sales) is a significant investment, and people are getting impatient looking at the update notices from Ken's thread, and not being able to use the new figures right away without deciding to purchase them again. And some of them are trying stupid tricks to get them faster.

Alisa seems to be growing tired of these people saying 'where is my product, it's been months?', just like I am very tired of people calling up to ask me 'where is my refund, it's been months since I filed?' And like me, she has no control over the situation. I would have preferred if Jenn had aid something realistic in her more recent updates, like 'end of the year' instead of 'end of the month'. And for those who keep pestering Alisa, keep in mind that it would be perfectly reasonable for Ken to put an end to all of this by saying 'you know what, I've poured a lot of work into these updates, and updating them for free is causing other people a whole lot of trouble; time to get rid of the free updates on pre-Renderosity purchases.'

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
For some odd reason I keep hearing this song my dad use to start singing every time I became impatient for something as a child.

...It will come in time, you just be patient. Everything that's yours will get to you. Just because some other gets theirs early, don't you worry yours is coming to.....

;):)

Hornet3d

Wise
One thing is for people who own Ken Gilliland's products. A lot of them have been updated since we closed, with essentially completely new product, including both Iray and Superfly.

I think some other folks have updated their products, but I get it that those who have Ken's older products want the updated versions.

Thank you for the information that makes a lot of sense and I can understand the frustration if you have purchased a product but do not have access to the latest and greatest. It does not make Rendo's task any easier of course but it does give me a better understanding, I had the feeling I was missing something.

Hornet3d

Wise

That was sort of my view, that if people were pressing Rendo to hurry up just because they had not backed their products up it would seem unfair. I do however understand Alisa's point about the updates to Kens products and I have a lot of sympathy in that instance.

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
i have a backup of all my purchases...i only am waiting for Ken update...but i can wait...how was said before..really is a great gift from Ken...you usually have to purchase some kind of updates in most of the stores. Thank you so much Ken!

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
FYI -There are some other CAs from HiveWire who have updated products when they moved them to Renderosity.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Like me, where I also went and updated some things that I'd recently updated here. :whistling::angel:

Hornet3d

Wise
Credit where credit is due, the HiveWire3D CAs were a really good bunch and it is good to see that their kindness is still reflected over at Rendo.
Now all we have to do is sit tight and give the Rendo people chance, this is particularly true for people like me who are Poser users as there is much more at stake than just building old purchases lists.......just saying.

Hornet3d

Wise
we were given plenty of warning before HW3D closed so I don't see the problem either unless someone had a housefire, all their drives stolen, house struck by lightning or something:eek:

I think they would have bigger problems in those cases.:rolleyes:

I agree. It does however raise the point that any back up routine has to reflect that such a catastrophic event is possible and there are a number of possible solutions such as cloud storage or having one backup stored off site with a friend or family member.

Klaus Sauer

Admirable
FYI -There are some other CAs from HiveWire who have updated products when they moved them to Renderosity.
Before I say something wrong or be misinterpreted here again: So that means that there are now several, earlier HiveWire products at Rendo that have been updated there since they switched to the Rendo store? Conversely, this also means that you have to wait until the transfer is complete if you want to download the updates for free. Or you rebuy the item from Rendo, if you don't want to wait any longer. Correctly?

BTW: I have also saved all my files from HiveWire (as I do always with all my paid downloads from DAZ, Rendo or other Content Stores), before the store closed. There may be some people here who haven't, but I'm definitely not one of them.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
So that means that there are now several, earlier HiveWire products at Rendo that have been updated there since they switched to the Rendo store? Conversely, this also means that you have to wait until the transfer is complete if you want to download the updates for free. Or you rebuy the item from Rendo, if you don't want to wait any longer. Correctly?
That is correct.

Sunfire has several that she updated, as she mentioned.

I think that some CAs decided to make some improvements (maybe adding Iray or Superfly materials) when they put product at Renderosity's store, rather than just transfer them as they were.

Unfortunately, I do not know exactly who did this or which products were affected.

If any of our CAs are watching this thread, maybe you could pop in and mention which products have been updated.

No HiveWire or Lisa's Botanicals products were updated. Morning Dove Wardrobe for Dawn (Sets 1 - 3) was changed slightly, but it's not an update. As stated on the product pages of the 3 products:

Note - set originally released at HiveWire 3D without the dress or bangle. Materials will work either with the included dress and bangle or with the original required products, for those who purchased the product at HiveWire 3D.

Status
Not open for further replies.