• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

eclark1894

Visionary
Another thunderstorm just blew through here in Raleigh, NC. I swear the winds were stronger than what Elsa just had when she came through. it was a beautiful looking day until that started up.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
July in Los Angeles. Nuff said.

It's not been a steady rise in temperature. We'll have 2-4 hot days and then enough high overcast in the morning for it not to fully burn through until around noon. The fans are on day and night, but it isn't unlivable yet. It started out at something like 78 farinheight at 8:30 this morning and hovered around low 90s for much of the day. At 10 pm it's dropped down to 83.

It'll probably be worse as we get into August. So far it cools enough at night for a fan to make it comfortable. Humidity not being a problem at either extreme at present.

Hornet3d

Wise
Well I live in a part of the UK that is now under the first ever extreme heat warning every issued for the UK. Temperatures are set to rise into the early thirties, which I know does not sound very hot to many here but it is a good six degrees above the norm. It has been like this for four days and is expected to last at least to Thursday. As this is above the norm we are not equipped for this and few homes have any air conditioning, those that do have small portable units but it is better than nothing. It is also true that the average Brit does not know how to handle such heat and the lifting of Covid restrictions is just making matters worse.

eclark1894

Visionary
Well I live in a part of the UK that is now under the first ever extreme heat warning every issued for the UK. Temperatures are set to rise into the early thirties, which I know does not sound very hot to many here but it is a good six degrees above the norm. It has been like this for four days and is expected to last at least to Thursday. As this is above the norm we are not equipped for this and few homes have any air conditioning, those that do have small portable units but it is better than nothing. It is also true that the average Brit does not know how to handle such heat and the lifting of Covid restrictions is just making matters worse.
Okay, you need to explain that last statement. HOW are lifting the restrictions making things worse? They're restrictions!

Hornet3d

Wise
Okay, you need to explain that last statement. HOW are lifting the restrictions making things worse? They're restrictions!

The lifting of restrictions my not be the prime cause but the reactions of people to the lifting of restrictions is making matters worse. It means that many more will be heading for the beaches in this weather and staying in the sun too long without any precautions and then suffering from sun stroke. The average Brit is not good a handling heat such as drinking too much in such weather which can, and does, lead to dehydration. The lifting of restrictions means many are drinking much more than they were before lockdown adding to the problem in extreme heat.

Ambulance Services in the region are asking the population to not call 999 unless it is to respond to a life threatening emergency. They were already working on limits thanks to the increased number of calls and the reduction of crews as staff have had to self isolate after being pinged by the trace and tracking app. So many are in insolation that now key workers such as health staff and lorry drivers have been told they can ignore the instruction and continue working. This means that some, who have been in contact with someone that has had Covid, will be returning to work to help spread the virus. No restrictions, night clubs now open, more people indoors with no mask and little chance of social distancing. You don't need to be a rocket scientist.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That's pretty much what I thought you meant Hornet.

I don't know how much of the lifting of restrictions is because officials are afraid continued restrictions will cost them re-election or if they truly believe people will act responsibly. Each time there have been easing of restrictions, it's been followed by increased case counts and surges. How odd that the same thing is happening this time too ...

Unlike last week, I actually saw more people wearing masks yesterday. Though, there were many people not wearing masks indoors despite signs at all entrances stating masks are still required.

eclark1894

Visionary
The lifting of restrictions my not be the prime cause but the reactions of people to the lifting of restrictions is making matters worse. It means that many more will be heading for the beaches in this weather and staying in the sun too long without any precautions and then suffering from sun stroke. The average Brit is not good a handling heat such as drinking too much in such weather which can, and does, lead to dehydration. The lifting of restrictions means many are drinking much more than they were before lockdown adding to the problem in extreme heat.

Ambulance Services in the region are asking the population to not call 999 unless it is to respond to a life threatening emergency. They were already working on limits thanks to the increased number of calls and the reduction of crews as staff have had to self isolate after being pinged by the trace and tracking app. So many are in insolation that now key workers such as health staff and lorry drivers have been told they can ignore the instruction and continue working. This means that some, who have been in contact with someone that has had Covid, will be returning to work to help spread the virus. No restrictions, night clubs now open, more people indoors with no mask and little chance of social distancing. You don't need to be a rocket scientist.
Hmm, well, the only way I know of that you can drink MORE and it will cause dehydration is with ALCOHOL, so I'm going to assume that's what you mean. I don't drink alcohol and, to be honest, can't understand the appeal. I'm a little skeptical about the beach being a problem because it's outside. Of course, I'm a black person, and honestly, I am NOT about to lay outside in the sun. That's another of those "activities" that I don't get. Well, that's not true. I "get" it, I just don't need it. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hmm, well, the only way I know of that you can drink MORE and it will cause dehydration is with ALCOHOL, so I'm going to assume that's what you mean.
I'm quite sure that's what Hornet was referring to, as I drink more water every day during the summer heat so I DON'T get dehydrated. Actually I drink a lot of water all year round, but during the summer it's an absolute must because I perspire when outdoors, so I have to replace all the fluids I lost as soon as I get home.

Hornet3d

Wise
Hmm, well, the only way I know of that you can drink MORE and it will cause dehydration is with ALCOHOL, so I'm going to assume that's what you mean. I don't drink alcohol and, to be honest, can't understand the appeal. I'm a little skeptical about the beach being a problem because it's outside. Of course, I'm a black person, and honestly, I am NOT about to lay outside in the sun. That's another of those "activities" that I don't get. Well, that's not true. I "get" it, I just don't need it. :)

Yes I should have been a lot clearer I did mean alcohol, when the pubs closed during lockdown many just purchased the wine and beers at the supermarkets which always have deals on such items and there was nothing really to limit their intake. With the pubs open the consumption tended to stay at the post lockdown level and with all restrictions for pubs now lifted even the social distancing has gone.

I sometimes make assumptions when I write here which I should not do, like assuming that everyone knows that a visit to the beach in the UK is, for many, not complete without the cans of beer. That is usually followed by a night on the town and we have continental opening hours but not the continental attitude to drink in general.

The motoring association the RAC (Royal Automobile Club) has reported that 29million staycations have been planned this summer with 16milloin of those taking place within the school holidays. The problem here is that with more people, more drinking and Covid demands on hospitals is likely to increase and most holiday locations only have one hospital. With so many spilling out of the cities that has to be a concern, particularly when some hospitals are postponing routine operations like transplants due to lack of staff and higher admissions.

With the exception of the occasional glass of white wine (read Christmas and Birthday) I don't drink either and I don't sunbathe thanks to a nasty case of sunburn when I was seven. The idea of lying on the beach has no appeal to me at all and I am more likely to be visiting a preserved steam railway, visiting a raptor centre or walking a forest track than being anywhere near a beach.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thunderstorming here at the moment. Got very dark all of a sudden, but hopefully it won't last long.

Lately when we've had these storms roll through, they drop a lot of water quickly, so usually for a short time.

Hornet3d

Wise
Thunderstorming here at the moment. Got very dark all of a sudden, but hopefully it won't last long.

Lately when we've had these storms roll through, they drop a lot of water quickly, so usually for a short time.
We have thunderstorms forcast for most the weekend after about a week of high temperatures, for the UK anyway.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I wish we were having a "mild summer" here on the East Coast. It thunderstormed 3 times yesterday, and dropped a ton of water. Well, it seemed like a ton of water.

Today was dry, and mostly cloudy with a nice breeze, so not too bad at all.

Hornet3d

Wise
Hot again this morning but it is forecast top break in late afternoon with heavy rain and possible thunder over the week end. We are moving from an extreme heat warning to a possible flood warning.