• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Weather is pretty wet here today too, but it'll probably be another day at least before we see Elsa up here. We're probably seeing the outer northern edge as she heads up the East Coast.
Not much is left from Elsa , it will arrive at 2am and rain will stop around 10 am .. light to medium
it moving out to the sea.

Terre

Renowned
Today was not wet here. I actually watered part of the front where there is young grass from seed I put down back in May. It's hot enough to need watering 3 times a week if it doesn't rain enough. The older grass won't need it for a couple more days. If it rains another evening in the next day or two it'll be fine for longer. Damp and not as hot summer here so far.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
The temp and humidity were both lower here today, but right now we're having rain, thunder and lightning. Hopefully it will lower the humidity even more for tomorrow.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
you guys must of sent the rain over the ditch!

wet, cold and miserable here all night and so far today

8.5°C o_O

Miss B

CV-BEE
Partly cloudy here today. The sun keeps going in and coming back out. Hopefully no rain, but I've gotten to the point where I "always" have an umbrella with me when I'm out, because you never know when it'll hit.

At least the temps are at a high of 80F so not too bad.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I think this weekend gonna be just fine , enough of the rain already
they said in the news that in the last 24h the 3 states got nearly a 3 month's worth of rain.
But the next week forecast showing a little more of it .
Despite the little lower temp , the humid is sadly at the higher %
I guess the plants enjoying it mostly this season ..

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, I'm getting more exercise cutting my grass every week. Just cut it four days ago and already it looks like I haven't touched it.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
That is wonderful Satira that you enjoy all the rain , others have a different opinions like this lady trying to get home using subway.

Attachments

• E5-03skXsAIThJj.jpg
    E5-03skXsAIThJj.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 132

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes I read in the NY Times yesterday that folks were having issues getting out of the subways because of the major flooding.

We had some street corners that had large puddles you had to walk around to get across the street, certainly much larger than they usually are after a good rain.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Yes I read in the NY Times yesterday that folks were having issues getting out of the subways because of the major flooding.

We had some street corners that had large puddles you had to walk around to get across the street, certainly much larger than they usually are after a good rain.
That is true , the picture was from one of the articles, I saw also video on the news , I think subways floods in Bronx were the worse , and it is not getting any better .

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Bad enough, we cover miles upon miles of land with concrete, so the land can no longer absorb rain. But then we expect outdated and poorly maintained systems to handle increasingly common "extreme" weather.

eclark1894

Visionary
Bad enough, we cover miles upon miles of land with concrete, so the land can no longer absorb rain. But then we expect outdated and poorly maintained systems to handle increasingly common "extreme" weather.
It's not that increasingly common. You're just hearing more about it, more often, because 24 hour news stations have to report on something.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
There is a groundwater bened the city that surrounds the subway system , the water need to be pomp out 24h a day rain or not rain , any extreme weather and the groundwater level rise too fast and nothing can be done , a 3 months worth of rain in 24h is extreme .
Concrete has nothing to do with it , it would be actually a blessing if the ground did not absorbed the water that fast.

eclark1894

Visionary
There is a groundwater bened the city that surrounds the subway system , the water need to be pomp out 24h a day rain or not rain , any extreme weather and the groundwater level rise too fast and nothing can be done , a 3 months worth of rain in 24h is extreme .
Concrete has nothing to do with it , it would be actually a blessing if the ground did not absorbed the water that fast.
I kinda wish I could pave the side of my yard with concrete. It would let the water run off into the woods behind my house. As it is now, everytime it rains, the yard get super soggy. Fortunately, there are no trees there, or the roots would have been loosened years ago. I can't pull into my yard there because my car gets stuck and I have to literally have it towed out. This isn't due to extreme weather. This is due to run off in my yard.