• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

DanaTA

Distinguished
Radiation was not likely the event that killed the Neandertals. Modern man was around at the same time, and in fact, there is evidence that modern man and Neandertals mated. If the radiation killed them off, it would have killed us off, too...they were a bit more sturdy than modern man. It is thought that perhaps we killed them off.

Dana

theschell

Brilliant
Heat wave is over and we have some respite from the heat for the next couple days... had some really bad storms come through yesterday afternoon and the street outside my house was temporarily flooded as the storm drains couldn't keep up with the volume of rain! Last night we dropped to 13c (which was nice for sleeping) but by Monday we're supposed to be back up over 40c again...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Here too, as it rained on and off all night and this morning. The temps are lower here too. In fact, they're forecasting the mid-60s today, but even with the humidity in the 80% range, with the cooler temps, and no sun baking everything, it's much more comfortable. The temps are supposed to go back up to the mid 70s tomorrow, but look out for the beginning of the week, as the temps will be back in the 80s, though they're expecting showers and/or thunderstorms each day next week, so maybe the humidity will drop a little. Well, one can only hope.
FingersCrossed.png

theschell

Brilliant
They're forecasting 25c/77f as the day-time high for today, 14c/57f for the overnight low tonight in my region... ... but yes temps start rising again tomorrow here as well...

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Very warm (even in the shade) in the foothills outside Los Angeles, 100f (38c) yesterday. Heat like this, isn't abnormal though... July through September usually range 85-100F, with an occasional streaks of real hot 110ish.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Radiation was not likely the event that killed the Neandertals. Modern man was around at the same time, and in fact, there is evidence that modern man and Neandertals mated. If the radiation killed them off, it would have killed us off, too...they were a bit more sturdy than modern man. It is thought that perhaps we killed them off.

Dana
That is a new scientific theory based on evident not my own Dana , so not going to argue .
It happened 40.000 years ago and there was mass extinction level linked also to animals as well in the region .
Modern humans had dark skin that protected them to some level as it do today in Africa , yes they were black skinned , plus they used red oak to protect their skin even more as some of tribes still do today in Africa , the red oak of the painting modern humans did in the European caves indicated they used it as well .
It is not happen overnight , but having lighter complexion of the skin did not helped Neanderthals with this issue, probably a lot of cancer . The lower level of plant , animals and fighting between tribes for surviving for a very long period only contributed .

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
It is 65F today , but the humid 82% , the rest of the upcoming week looks not so dramatic and rather normal and little cooler than last year,
tomorrow may be a wonderful day for us especially in the early hours so our outdoor plans may go forward.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
cold in the country lately

presently 14c today with blue skies but temps dropping to -3c overnight brrrrrrrrrrrr

fingerless glove time :shineon: :eek:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, even here. It was cool today, and my bedroom is the coolest room in the house, so will definitely be a bit chilly tonight.

unreal

Noteworthy
I had to go out for an appointment this morning, and it didn't seem all that hot or humid. But my windshield was fogged up, rather like I'd often experienced when I was living in Orlando. So, I turned up the fan, which usually clears Philadelphia fogged windows. But no go. So, I turned on the defroster. But that still didn't help. I even turned on the A/C, which is what I'd always done in Orlando. But still, no go.

Imagine my surprise when a few minutes later, I turned on my windshield wipers because it was sprinkling, and the windshield wipers wiped away the condensation. Turned out, it wasn't the inside that was fogged up. It was the outside.

Good grief.
So it was colder inside, right? Turn up the heat? o.o

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
heat advisory for tomorrow and Wednesday 95-94 F / 35-34 C
the 4th July long weekend is so nice .. can't complain ! but probably we going now back to normal schedule as usual ..

Stezza

Dances with Bees
bit colder today in southern NSW

this morning is only 6c ( 42f )

first morning frost of the winter on the front lawn.. clear blue skies just cold :shineon:

Miss B

CV-BEE
The temps here are back up in the 90s for today and tomorrow, but the humidity is in the upper 40% to low 50% range, so not as bad as last week's 70%-80% range.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Yep , the warm is back but not that bad with the low humid , we updated my workspace AC yesterday to 8.000 BTU and finally desired temperatures to work comfortably in a day time.
No complains !

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I had to go out for an appointment this morning, and it didn't seem all that hot or humid. But my windshield was fogged up, rather like I'd often experienced when I was living in Orlando. So, I turned up the fan, which usually clears Philadelphia fogged windows. But no go. So, I turned on the defroster. But that still didn't help. I even turned on the A/C, which is what I'd always done in Orlando. But still, no go.

Imagine my surprise when a few minutes later, I turned on my windshield wipers because it was sprinkling, and the windshield wipers wiped away the condensation. Turned out, it wasn't the inside that was fogged up. It was the outside.

Good grief.
I've done that a few times :)

Stezza

Dances with Bees
the windscreen phenomena

been happening for over 40 years and getting worse!

cold again this morning in NSW down south

frosted front yard with temps downnnnnnn

Currently this morning it's 12c ( 48f ) sunny

eclark1894

Visionary
Been pouring down rain since about ten this morning as TS Elsa passed over NC today. Rain just stopped about thirty minutes ago here in Raleigh.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Weather is pretty wet here today too, but it'll probably be another day at least before we see Elsa up here. We're probably seeing the outer northern edge as she heads up the East Coast.