• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The weather report last night predicted 114 but it has been lowered to 108 so that's something.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Back in the day in a black Church on Sunday. Note the fans. I have to see if I can get my Blender running again and make one.:D
View attachment 70060
you need a blender to make one ? it is a plane with a cylinder 2 min work to setup it in Poser or DS .
with this fan you can cool off mosquitos not human being lol
maybe good for the menopause flashes lol

just kidding , back then people had not much choices , but today is today , nobody should suffer in hot weather

and as I said before, you don't have agree or not agree on things , you came from a different location than I did , and everyone have own personal preferences regarding heat or cold .. no matter you agree or not
I love to drink hot beverages in summer and cold in winter , hot cooling me faster off .. don't ask why

DanaTA

Distinguished
Wow thankfully they restored it in time Alisa, same by my sister in BC , I think it was over 110 F today , when the power go down her TV exploded for not knowing reason , but they restored the power in no time .
Happy to hear you both OK !
Sometimes, when a pole is hit and knocks down wires, it sends a spike through the lines. That could have that result.

Dana

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
The weather report last night predicted 114 but it has been lowered to 108 so that's something.
forgot Janet , that you from the area too .. stay safe ! 108F or 114 F still very hot
we had today 98F / 37C not too high humid , but my both AC was running all day and can't cool down the air bellow 77F , it getting better now for the night , skipping my work for late and early hours of the morning .

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Sometimes, when a pole is hit and knocks down wires, it sends a spike through the lines. That could have that result.

Dana
I told her to get APC Surge Protector , it helps me here a lot when the power spike up and down , keeping my PC stable and not shutting down by short spikes of the power . It could save her TV today .. costly mistake it was 65 inches TV

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Sheesh. yuo guys are getting the top end of our normal summer high here. I hope all of you come through this OK.
I am worry about my people in the Pacific Northwest , that is not usual , and can't be compared to regions where it is normal .
Texas always laughing when we get around 100F and complain, but they were down by a little snow and cold last winter losing their all power.. where we going strong with a lot of more snow and colder temperatures without any issues .

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Just watching the news on telly and it showed the temps in Canadia :unsure:

very hot days and nights with records shattered! Wet towel over the fan stuff I reckon!

10°c at my place in NSW this morning that's about 50°f

nice and crisp with the kookaburras laughing and the wild parrots being their usual busy noisey self.
smiley

eclark1894

Visionary
You know what I find amusing sometimes is people who come here from someplace up north like Chicago or Minneapolis and strut around in the Winter with a short sleeve shirt while we're freezing our behinds off in winter coats. But the other end of that spectrum is when it snows, which isn't very often here in North Carolina. Inevitably someone from up North, like Chicago or New York will complain that we southerners don't know how to drive in snow, and then instant Karma hits and they crack up and slide off the road. The reason I find that so amusing is because it doesn't just snow here, it usually ices down the road first, OR it will snow, but then freeze overnight before it can be plowed and our streets turn into skating rinks. :D

DanaTA

Distinguished
I told her to get APC Surge Protector , it helps me here a lot when the power spike up and down , keeping my PC stable and not shutting down by short spikes of the power . It could save her TV today .. costly mistake it was 65 inches TV
Better than the surge protectors are their UPS units! There are stories of people experiencing a direct lightning strike to their house, but the APC UPS clamped down on it and protected their computers. The UPS was fried, but it didn't get to the computer. Plus, for something as short as a brownout, it can damage your computer's hard drive. It happened to me once. The head bounced right on the boot sector of the drive, and damaged it. couldn't boot up. I could boot from an emergency disc and could read files on that drive, but it couldn't boot because the boot sector was damaged. I found out why and ever since I've always had an APC UPS for my computers.

They make special UPS units for home theater media. I imagine they are also top quality.

Dana

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
They are both switching Dana.
Pole reversal has nothing to do with the tilt of the Earth's axis. They are magnetic poles. And that shift may not be as important as it used to be. We hardly rely on a compass anymore. We use the GPS satellites for navigation. 50 years ago, that would be a problem for seafaring and air navigation. Or even for Boy Scouts on a hike in the woods! I don't know how many ships still use a compass to guide them. I doubt very many, if any at all. But I could be wrong about that.

The tilt of the axis does change, constantly, over long periods of time. The Earth wobbles like a top. What is now called the North Star didn't used to be, and some day will not be again. But it is a very slow process...Earth's axis appears stable, but it actually wobbles very slowly, like a spinning top. It takes Earth's axis about 26,000 years to complete a circular "wobble." This wobble is called axial precession.. Axial Tilt

As for the magnetic pole shift, it happens slowly over many thousands of years. Our magnetic field is currently shifting at a rate of about 40 miles per year. A shift of North to South wouldn't happen overnight, and perhaps not in a lifetime. The science shows that magnetic pole reversal is – in terms of geologic time scales – a common occurrence that happens gradually over millennia. While the conditions that cause polarity reversals are not entirely predictable – the north pole's movement could subtly change direction, for instance – there is nothing in the millions of years of geologic record to suggest that any of the 2012 doomsday scenarios connected to a pole reversal should be taken seriously. A reversal might, however, be good business for magnetic compass manufacturers. NASA on pole reversal

Dana

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
They are both switching
If the pole switched completely, it would affect our technical aspect of life , compass, plains etc.. and issues for some animals that relays on magnetic fields for navigation .
The Earth axis tilts very slowly and will not reach its final destination in our lifetime , not much to worry about that .
I would be more concern about the solar flares as they can blast out our atmosphere and ends everything ..and also control our climate , not much about that we can do .
Let's move everyone to Equator they have always the same weather no matter the tilts of the Earth axis lol

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
I am worry about my people in the Pacific Northwest , that is not usual , and can't be compared to regions where it is normal .
Texas always laughing when we get around 100F and complain, but they were down by a little snow and cold last winter losing their all power.. where we going strong with a lot of more snow and colder temperatures without any issues .
TV beside me says 35 people in Vancouver area have died due to the heat in the last 24 hours. Police asking folk to check on their neighbours. I have family there. The temp in the interior for you folk that need degrees fahrenheit, has been over 120f; plus the humidity on top of that; for the last few days, and is going nowhere in a hurry. As the omega block crosses the Rockies into Alberta there is flooding from the glacial and snow field melt as it flows down the mountains. Forest fire index is off the charts in BC and Alberta and there are fires burning. You have every right to be concerned. I suspect it is just as bad in Washington State and Oregon.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
If the pole switched completely, it would affect our technical aspect of life , compass, plains etc.. and issues for some animals that relays on magnetic fields for navigation .
The Earth axis tilts very slowly and will not reach its final destination in our lifetime , not much to worry about that .
I would be more concern about the solar flares as they can blast out our atmosphere and ends everything ..and also control our climate , not much about that we can do .
Let's move everyone to Equator they have always the same weather no matter the tilts of the Earth axis lol
I am not worry :). Anyway, something which I can not avoid, should not worry me. Poisson just my daily live. The climat we can anyway not control. No matter what some people say. This is such a complex system, which you can not break down to co2.
The solar flare is something different. 2012 we miss a huge one. Hope we will be still on the safe side.
What annoy me is the weather. We have now from the morning till the evening storm. 4-5 times per day. Very strange. Yesterday the first at 8.30 and during the day 2-3 more. Short, 10-15 minutes lasting, but heavy. From beautiful sky to dark Apocalypse in minutes.
Unpredictable. Big walks, hikes, not possible .To dangerous here in the Jura mountain.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
We're back to more comfortable temps in my area. It's still a bit above average for this time of year, but the high yesterday, and that expected for today, is about 25 degrees cooler than Monday, when it hit about 99-100 where I am.