• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Terre

Renowned
The high today was 88. That is a bit mild for this time of year.
Seems like most people are having some form of extreme weather. Or at least more so than is normal for their area.

Hornet3d

Wise
The heat spell in the UK has broken for the moment, we have had high winds for a day now with warnings of possible damage on the south coast. Here in the south west we have had our first rain shower with lots more forecast.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
The temps, and even the humidity, haven't been too bad here lately. I'm hoping we've seen the last of the temps in the 90s, and the humidity up in the 80% range.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Historically, August has been the hottest month here in New England. But, weather patterns are all messed up these days. Who knows what it'll be like?

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
As well as here in NY, but the forecast according to Weather.com seems to have the temps in the mid to high 80s, and if the humidity stays decent, that's not going to be bad at all.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
still cold here....

1628056544188.png

Terre

Renowned
Supposed to get to 96 here today. Good thing I don't need to be out in it other than for driving to and from work.

Hornet3d

Wise
Temperature is forecast to be moderate for the UK but lots of heavy rain showers which has been the case for most of last week.

DanaTA

Distinguished
82 and feels like 85 here. Radar shows rain on the way. Again. Upper 80s and maybe even into the low 90s later in the week.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, weather.com is predicting rain on Wednesday or Thursday here, so probably when you'll see it if it's heading north, rather than out to sea.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Oh, the rain is headed this way now. Looks like it's over your area right now. Maybe it's light. Maybe it's not even getting to the ground. Radar shoots up higher as it get further away from the source, which is in my area. so it could be just up in the air and not reaching the ground. That would be nice...I need to go out this afternoon.

Dana

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
August in L.A. is now trying very hard to be June. It's not succeeding. But the high overcast in the morning does at least drop the temperature down a notch or so. And the humidity is perfectly acceptable inside a non air-conditioned apartment with the windows open. Indoor temperatures have stayed in the 80s for the past couple of days.

Miss B

CV-BEE
New York City. It's not raining now, but it could rain later. It's very cloudy, but they're white clouds, not the dark grey rain clouds, so who knows.

eclark1894

Visionary
New York City. It's not raining now, but it could rain later. It's very cloudy, but they're white clouds, not the dark grey rain clouds, so who knows.
I kinda miss NYC. I haven't been there since before the Twin Towers fell. Never got to go to Ellis Island and visit the Statue of Liberty. I did get a Nathan's Hot dog. Can't understand what the big whoop is about them though. I had a better sausage Dog in Atlantic City. And my biggest thrill was going to the top of the Empire State Building. Took forever. This was back in the 80s. But it cured me of buying sodas from vending machines. A dollar for a cup of ice and a spritz of soda. Please!!! :eek: :eek: :sneaky:

PS: Oh, I drove up there one year, and parked on the side of the street. When I left a few days later, I had a parking ticket. Turns out you have to move your car every other day so they can sweep the street. I did learn this though so I had to get up Early in the morning to drive around and find another parking space. :rofl:

Last edited:

Nod

Adventurous
Muggy in sunny Scotland. Rained earlier, which was good for the plants after all the heat.

Miss B

CV-BEE
PS: Oh, I drove up there one year, and parked on the side of the street. When I left a few days later, I had a parking ticket. Turns out you have to move your car every other day so they can sweep the street. I did learn this though so I had to get up Early in the morning to drive around and find another parking space. :rofl:
I was lucky I always had a parking spot in the building's garage when I lived with my parents, and then when I moved to my first apartment, and then when I moved to the building I live in now, well until I gave up my car years ago.

Alternate side of the street parking has always been in all neighborhoods of New York, except for main streets in commercial areas, because that's where all the parking meters are.