• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Jan

Adventurous
I am on the South Coast of New South Wales, not that far from where Stezza lives. So far we are safe from all these Fires From Hell burning up in the Northern parts of the coast of NSW and Queensland. Stezza is right - it is just crazy weather. A Polar Blast in Victoria, Tasmania and South Australia, high temperatures in Western Australia and Northern Territory but extremely strong winds and heat fanning these tremendously dangerous and fierce bushfires in New South Wales and drought everywhere.

Boy-are we the "Lucky Country" or what. Just a typical summer almost.:mad::cool:

Jan

Adventurous
Hey @ Stezza, you told me that a while ago ;) Just hope the fires don't come down our way - its cooler down here than up further past Sydney. I guess its that Polar blast from the Southern States.

Anyone heard from Rae up in Queensland, she out of the fire area there.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
See yellow road on the right, follow that up and I'm about 10mins away from Advancetown. The red area is the Lower Beechmont area that's being hit by bushfires. So far I'm safe but I have people I know who are not :( Couldn't open any windows yesterday because smoke was that bad.

There are other fires all around, but this one is the one most likely to effect me (unless of course another starts closer)

Jan

Adventurous
Great to see you are alright Rae, not knowing where you were exactly left us wondering how close to the fire zone you were. Hoping you survive the next couple of days that the prediction is for much worse conditions with heat and winds. They also said it was moving not only up to Queensland areas (which have suffered from this for longer than NSW, but also south towards Sydney bush areas.

People, you have to understand we are suffering from a long hard drought, perfect for bushfires. Alas when it does rain again, there will be devastating floods - the nature of the Beast:cry::somad:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks everyone. Tuesday's weather is sounding scary for all those areas effected already by bushfires with high potential of new areas starting as well.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
hope all goes well this week... @Rae134 you must be near Carrara .. how cool is that! :happydance:
you must get a photo of the roadsign :applause:

today's weather sees a State of Emergency for NSW declared for the next 7 days... I see that fire fighters are coming from New Zealand, Canada and USA to help us out.
awesome... they do a great job, I was involved with comms back in the fires of 1991 and know how much they do.

today on remembrance day at my place is around 20c clear and dry.

Lest we forget

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm actually in Nerang, Carrara is kinda next suburb inland :D

I have a friend dropping in on her way to shopping for supplies, she sounded out of it as she's really close to the fires and is worried about tomorrow and is sick of hearing the waterbombing planes and hearing cars go past thinking the worst :(

Jan

Adventurous
Stay safe Stezza, you have lots of bush around you I think. If fire comes my way at Culburra Beach, the only road into Nowra could be cut as there is bush either side and dairy farming land into town. All that National Park bush around Jervis Bay area and outer is a worry.

At the moment it is calm, smokey-overcast and cool, but that could change when the wind picks up later like they forecast,

Stezza

Dances with Bees
you as well @Jan .. my nbn keeps dropping out and the wind is starting to pick up here and temps are rising.. currently 32c and rising

yep, we have a bit of bush around us.. ;)

1573516871387.png

Reactions: Jan

Stezza

Dances with Bees
check out the bushfire smoke enveloping Sydney right now.. midday my time
via the live cam

can just see the bridge but nothing else.. we also have smoke hanging around but no where near as bad as Sydney about 150km north
no rain is forecast for the rest of the year.

DanaTA

Distinguished
If I could figure out how to do it, I'd send some of our rain. It's been raining all day. And not lightly all the time, either. I have heard my sump pump activate a few times tonight while were were in the basement (finished basement with home theater setup). One good thing, it's melting all the snow that was still hanging around. At least, I hope it will be gone when I get up in the morning.

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
We had pouring rain most of the day too. It's supposed be nice and warm tomorrow, but it's going to drop down fast tomorrow night, and we should see some snow Wednesday morning. Hopefully, not a lot of accumulation.
FingersCrossed.png

DanaTA

Distinguished
Same here, warmer tomorrow, but windy, and probably more rain, then some snow on Wednesday morning. Great. Diane will be driving in the stuff. :(