• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh we've had heat the past couple of days, as the weather dropped a lot. MUCH more comfortable now. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, especially overnight. Wearing a sweater during the day isn't so bad. At least now I don't have to have so many layers of clothing, and a second blanket, to sleep comfortably.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, they predicted a sharp drop in weather here on the East Coast this week, with a "possible" bit of snow flakes on Friday morning. Actually, I think that's going to be north of the City, as they reported definite rain early in the morning here, but depending on how far off shore the cold front moves, we could see some flakes. Ohhhhh, goodie!! :(

DanaTA

Distinguished
I haven't seen tonight's forecast, but last night it still seemed that the thought was it will be snow in the higher elevations, and rain where I am and in the Greater Boston area. We shall see. I'm hoping for just rain on Friday.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
The weather has dropped, and will continue to drop the next few days, and we're also destined to have rain on Friday morning.

It's supposed to rain this afternoon and drop from the mid 50s down to the 30s overnight. I'm not looking forward to it. At. All.

DanaTA

Distinguished
59F here, and has been for at least an hour now. But after the cold front comes through today and overnight, the temperatures will drop. Last night, it was already 29F when I went to bed. Not that that was early, mind you...my sleep schedule is all messed up. But it still wasn't dawn yet.

Dana

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
There is another cold front following on the heels of the current cold front which may result in iced streets Friday morning. So we might also see snow flurries Tuesday because of that second cold front.

Fortunately, I telecommute Friday and do not need to go out in the world.

Tuesday is another story. But I believe the possible flurries are not expected until the afternoon.

DanaTA

Distinguished
There is another cold front following on the heels of the current cold front which may result in iced streets Friday morning. So we might also see snow flurries Tuesday because of that second cold front.

Fortunately, I telecommute Friday and do not need to go out in the world.

Tuesday is another story. But I believe the possible flurries are not expected until the afternoon.

Tuesday is still pretty far out. The forecast changes so much lately, that it may be entirely different by Sunday night. I don't take anything as set in stone, or even as a safe bet, until two days before. And even then it sometimes changes the next night.

Dana

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That it is.

While weather forecasts are far more accurate than when I was young ... what with all the eyes in the skies now, a seven day forecast has an 80% accuracy. Extend that to ten or more days, and the accuracy drops drops to 50%. Considering the atmosphere is always changing, a 50% accuracy is pretty good in my opinion.

I doubt it will ever be possible to have a 100% accuracy for anything more than right now.

I'm sure it doesn't help when there are a bunch of huge wildfires going on at the same time.

DanaTA

Distinguished
A guy that I worked with in a shipping room years ago, used to do little comedy bits. He'd say, "And now, the weather...(looks out the window)...it's raining!"

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
37F here right now, at 2:15 pm! It won't get much warmer from here! Glad I don't have to go out today!

Dana

Stezza

Dances with Bees
believe it or not

in NSW yesterday and continuing today ~ extreme bushfires in the mid north and further into Queensland and snow in the south, about 600km apart :eek:

go figure.... mild where I am in the middle! 19c and fine. o_O

Reactions: Jan